SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Ha! Just sent my maxus back to browning.... Now I'm hoping I get it back for November...read its anywhere from 2 to 5 months on repairs...

I don't get it everyone else who has one doesn't have problems guess I gots a lemon??
Damn! Have heard nothing but good things about em. My cousin just bought a Maxus and loves it.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
Damn! Have heard nothing but good things about em. My cousin just bought a Maxus and loves it.
yep...5 to 6 times last year I pulled up on ducks and pulled the trigger and "click"...the firing pin never hit the primer on the shell...called a local gunsmith and he said to send it to browning...love the feel of the gun and everything. Hope they can fix it or whatever, but I've since read some good and some bad on Browning repair center so we shall see!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
yep...5 to 6 times last year I pulled up on ducks and pulled the trigger and "click"...the firing pin never hit the primer on the shell...called a local gunsmith and he said to send it to browning...love the feel of the gun and everything. Hope they can fix it or whatever, but I've since read some good and some bad on Browning repair center so we shall see!
My SBE II did the exact same thing last year. I still haven't brought it to a gunsmith yet. I just switched to my 3" Benelli M1 auto, but Benelli's have this spring in the stock you are supposed to take out and clean once a year or so. Been having it for about 4-5 years without doing it so I'm think I am just gonna have to replace that spring and it should be fine. My 3" did the same thing to me a long time ago on a turkey. Called in 2 big toms for me and a buddy. My gun goes click, his goes boom. Mine runs off and his hits the ground with 4 beards! Almost wrapped it around a tree. I went to Lafayette Shooters and special ordered a crack barrel 10 gauge with a Xtra Full choke so that can never happen to me again. It just kicks a little. lol
Old 06-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunforeman View Post
Check put the for sale section. My friend has a brand new one sbe 2 for sale
been looking at them all and i'm leaning towards the SuperX3
Old 06-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Super Nova... can paddle and shoot with that gun
Old 06-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Super Nova... can paddle and shoot with that gun
Dad has a super nova. Id rather have my 870 over that gun.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadabite View Post
Dad has a super nova. Id rather have my 870 over that gun.
I love mine. Extended Full Patternmaster hanging off the end like a flashlight, they have no chance.

Just ask Shawn Braquet who has to cover his arse when they get too far for the Kicks to reach
Old 06-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
I love mine. Extended Full Patternmaster hanging off the end like a flashlight, they have no chance.

Just ask Shawn Braquet who has to cover his arse when they get too far for the Kicks to reach
You must have to let everyone in the blind empty their guns before u even take your first shot! I got a few Patternmaster(modified) and Duck Commander (same thing basically) chokes. I don't like to use them till the end of the season when the birds are getting harder to work and you are taking more passing shots. Like my stock modified for teal season and early season decoying birds.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Great White

Quote:
You must have to let everyone in the blind empty their guns before u even take your first shot! I got a few Patternmaster(modified) and Duck Commander (same thing basically) chokes. I don't like to use them till the end of the season when the birds are getting harder to work and you are taking more passing shots. Like my stock modified for teal season and early season decoying birds.
lol. I like to play clean up.. That way, once everybody sits down and Im still shooting, and one falls and it has a Band on it, there is NO QUESTION who shot it. Had one get stolen from me and im still quiet pissed about it
Old 06-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
lol. I like to play clean up.. That way, once everybody sits down and Im still shooting, and one falls and it has a Band on it, there is NO QUESTION who shot it. Had one get stolen from me and im still quiet pissed about it
LOL not a bad idea. I get one stolen from me just about every year cause whoever is in the blind with me gives me so much grief cause I already have about 15-20. Dropped a teal last year on my side of blind. Go get it and it has a band. My buddy who never killed a banded bird before starts sayin "we gonna have to play paper, rock, scissor for that." I said how is that, it was on my side of the blind and I went and walked and get it. I asked him if he shot it he said he wasn't sure. he flock shot. He ended up hounding me for an hour about how I already had so many, I got pissed and let him have it. Never happening again. Dropped a banded drake pintail with my cousin at his blind year before last, knew I killed it, but didn't even say anything cause it was his blind and he never got one before either. I haven't gotten to keep a band in years even though I know I killed at least 2-3 in last 3-4 years.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Great White

Quote:
LOL not a bad idea. I get one stolen from me just about every year cause whoever is in the blind with me gives me so much grief cause I already have about 15-20.
I only have 1. It would have been my 2nd.. But yea
Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

I have one of the first year Browning Maxus in 3 1/2 . I shoot 3 1/2 shells all year for the last two seasons with no problems. I also use the extended patternmaster ,that thing is deadly. This teal was about 25 yds shot with 3" #4 during teal season last year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PIC-0039.jpg (66.7 KB, 46 views)
Old 06-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
I only have 1. It would have been my 2nd.. But yea
U are still young. If u stay hunting as much as u do, you will start picking up more and more and going on little hot streaks. I got 5 bands in one season a few years back. And out of the 20 or so I got, I bought about 5-6 of em for $5/each off a Mexican on a duck hunt down in Mexico, and they weren't even called in.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenner18 View Post
I have one of the first year Browning Maxus in 3 1/2 . I shoot 3 1/2 shells all year for the last two seasons with no problems. I also use the extended patternmaster ,that thing is deadly. This teal was about 25 yds shot with 3" #4 during teal season last year.
that's why i stick with modified for teal season and 1st split big duck. My buddy shoots a BPS 10 gauge with a Patternmaster.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Quote:
Dang, that is why I don't use one right there.

I can't wait for teal season. LDWF is considering giving us some squellers in the bag limit. I don't think is will happen this year, but I hope it does soon. They are everywhere around Thornwell year around. Good eating bird too!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Spook View Post
Dang, that is why I don't use one right there.

I can't wait for teal season. LDWF is considering giving us some squellers in the bag limit. I don't think is will happen this year, but I hope it does soon. They are everywhere around Thornwell year around. Good eating bird too!
If they do, OMG. It will be a masacre at my house.. I'll start guiding for that!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:29 AM
King Mackeral

I work as a guide at a private lodge during duck season , and I usually am last to shoot . The pattermaster makes those long shot easier, but occasionally an unlucky one gets too close.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Quote:
I work as a guide at a private lodge during duck season , and I usually am last to shoot . The pattermaster makes those long shot easier, but occasionally an unlucky one gets too close.

Gotcha

Next time when your dog brings one back break the leg and slip it off before anyone notices. This will prevent y'all from losing anymore. A buddy of mine actually use to come back to the launch with one legged ducks when he was guiding.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Man, I'm getting fired up!!!!! I'm ready for that early morning teal flight and the sounds of a war going on around you!!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:55 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Boy View Post
Man, I'm getting fired up!!!!! I'm ready for that early morning teal flight and the sounds of a war going on around you!!!!
You know thats rite !