SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Caught 13 big Sand Trout and specks this past Saturday. It was the easiest thing. I threw the cast net once, caught about 20 3" croakers and 3 shrimp. I put them in a bucket and that was my live bait.

As far as live bait fishing goes I think whatever you catch in the cast net is what they are eating. Normally, anyway. When I catch mullet I use them, when I catch shad I use them...Croakers, shrimp etc......

Sometimes people get away from common sense when it comes to live bait fishing.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Your right some can't fish...but I see guides using shrimp and sunrise before and never even trying to teach ...

Just my opinion and I enjoy fishing too much to have someone throw live shrimp because its easy.....ill give it hell trying artificial then if they really want to try I would make that my last option
With that 35 fish or your money back guarantee you keep talking about you had better not wait to long or you will be fishing for free.

When my firm goes on our trip every year, without hesitation I tell the guides to use live bait. I want my employees that only fish once a year to catch. I want them to have a good time and they aren't to concerned about Internet cowboys calling them a pilgrim.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
With that 35 fish or your money back guarantee you keep talking about you had better not wait to long or you will be fishing for free.

When my firm goes on our trip every year, without hesitation I tell the guides to use live bait. I want my employees than only fish once a year to catch. I want them to have a good time and they aren't to concerned about Internet cowboys calling them a pilgrim.
Don't send them with me....they might learn something!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Like what? How to do figure 8's?

"Ok now this is what we in the fishin business call a figure 8, perhaps you have heard of it. See that guy over there? Now watch this...."

lol
Old 05-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
You can't handpick em 'W', maybe if you get your captains license and get a client or two that pays you will have a different view on this. You have to know that some people have never picked up a rod and don't care one bit about what type of fish they catch. I would say most would rather catch a big bull redfish than a little 1 lb trout ANY DAY OF THE WEEK and the client is always right.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Popcorn ready W vs. LIVE......
Old 05-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
You can't handpick em 'W', maybe if you get your captains license and get a client or two that pays you will have a different view on this. You have to know that some people have never picked up a rod and don't care one bit about what type of fish they catch. I would say most would rather catch a big bull redfish than a little 1 lb trout ANY DAY OF THE WEEK and the client is always right.
Dude Last year I had 8 11and 14 year old catching trout on sand eels....

only time I fished was to find them and I let them have it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (100.9 KB, 125 views)
Old 05-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Maybe some shrimp would have gotten a limit.....

Disclaimer: I am not an advocate of live shrimp for everyday use but am not above using it.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Like what? How to do figure 8's?

"Ok now this is what we in the fishin business call a figure 8, perhaps you have heard of it. See that guy over there? Now watch this...."

lol
or maybe how to talk cash ***** on the web....
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 657

The funniest thing about this post is that calcasieu point wasnt even selling live shrimp the days W is talking about.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Ling

Quote:
Dude Last year I had 8 11and 14 year old catching trout on sand eels....

only time I fished was to find them and I let them have it

Well, congrats on catching that handful of trout, but you would not have made your 35 trout guarantee that day

I bet those kids have fished before though, some of these folks can't throw a rod and reel. Also, you get to choose the days you fish. Some clients are coming down fishing regardless of rain, cold fronts, wind, whatever, you haven't a clue. What if client is fishing for first time ever and you start catching a few trout, one hangs a redfish and it pulls like hell, much better than a trout, then clients decide they would rather catch reds because the fight of a school trout lets all admit isn't very rewarding if you are there just to feel the pull of a fish! We all know how well you do on redfish when it comes down to it!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Yall Shrimp Pop N Corkers are MAD
Old 05-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Well, congrats on catching that handful of trout, but you would not have made your 35 trout guarantee that day

I bet those kids have fished before though, some of these folks can't throw a rod and reel. Also, you get to choose the days you fish. Some clients are coming down fishing regardless of rain, cold fronts, wind, whatever, you haven't a clue. What if client is fishing for first time ever and you start catching a few trout, one hangs a redfish and it pulls like hell, much better than a trout, then clients decide they would rather catch reds because the fight of a school trout lets all admit isn't very rewarding if you are there just to feel the pull of a fish! We all know how well you do on redfish when it comes down to it!
Them boys did not care what a limit was....we got into a school of lady fish and they did not even want to leave...we caught lady for 3 hours.....and they had more fun doing that than fishing trout....

We could of had our 60 trout if we would of stayed on the lake but we had showers coming in and out all day so they go wore down by 1pm....
Old 05-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Ling

Quote:
Them boys did not care what a limit was....we got into a school of lady fish and they did not even want to leave...we caught lady for 3 hours.....and they had more fun doing that than fishing trout....

We could of had our 60 trout if we would of stayed on the lake but we had showers coming in and out all day so they go wore down by 1pm....
Exactly what some clients want, they just want to catch fish period. If they want live bait, you better bring it, they are always right

where will the new baitwell go on the Haynie?