SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion > Offshore Fishing Reports

Offshore Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite offshore spots here

Old 07-17-2014, 08:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Another adventure

Let me start by saying Mother Nature is consistent. Every morning between 4 and 5 am I am blessed ??? with a light show and god bowling. This has been going on for a full week or more. Today was no exception. We did not attempt to leave the marina early. Once we got to the mouth of tiger pass we noticed the storm kind of holding at south west pass and another group of storms heading our way from the west. We went back to the marina and had breakfast.

Our second attempt we made it out to some fairly rough seas for the boat we were in and decided an attempt for tuna was out. We decided to target state water red snapper. The first place the current was rolling. I went around the rig and did not see anything worth fishing for but we dropped a few baits anyway. Nothing to keep me there. I moved to another and we got a white trout, a look down, and a jack crevalle. About this time I had one getting a bit rough around the collar. A good day to be like that. I would expect somebody getting a bit sick.

We get to another rig and the action is there. It came so fast that I never had a chance to take a picture of the fish we caught. The only one I took was the half fish we caught.

Once we had our limit with 2 people felling (funny) we headed to the barn. As we were leaving there was a bolt of lightning from another storm near by. We were outta there ASAP! For about the first 3 miles back in we got pounded a bit and one or two waves splashed over the side. As soon as I got into an area where the land protected us all we had to deal with were ground swells.

Once we hung up the fish we realized we made a mistake on our fish count. Although we killed 12 thanks to the shark attack we only had 11 fish in the box which was 1 shy of our 6 man 2 per person limit.

We were doing our share to ensure they are not over fished.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM