SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 10-11-2017, 10:22 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 10-11-17 slow scatterred bite

got off graveyards at 6am. when I stepped outside I was thinking how nice its gonna be cutting grass with this cooler weather. well about 10 minutes into my 20 minute drive home my mind started thinking how nice it would be on the lake. especially how hot a trip it was Monday. so I call my girlfriend and ask her wat her plans are and then told her I was thinking about going to the lake. she said when she let the dogs out around 5am she figured id be wanting to with that cool breeze, lol. well had I planned it id left a little early and be on lake by now. could not help it off I went to the lake and grass will just have to wait. didn't realize how strong that north wind was til I got to the point. headed back for northeast corner. fished hard for a couple hours and caught like 5 trout. guide boat beat me there and I saw them pull in at least that many and miss a good one with the net. around 930 I headed for the east bank to fish that cut. well wind had just enough west in it and cut was starting to muddy up and tide was not moving much. caught one trout and several rat reds. saw a school of shad so I caught some and headed back to the reef id just left. very first cast caught a 17" trout and after another hour or so I have a dozen in the box. its almost noon now so I start heading for the launch. decided to fish that shallow reef on that northwest bank in turners. No trout but the bull reds were thick. first one was 26" I snapped a pic of and the other two were over 27". that last one I caught made several drag pullin runs on every side of the boat under the anchor rope, power pole acting up, and I finally got it in the net after what seemed like 15 minutes. broke a pretty good sweat on that one. anyway it must have spooked and scattered the school cause after 15-20 minutes didn't get another bite. after 1 now so headed back for the point. I guess I caught my second wind or something so I decided to try the mouth of that cut that goes up to Freds. first 5 cast caught 3 trout and 2 rat reds. now I'm done so headed for launch. ended up with a limit of trout but I released all the reds today. was in such a hurry to get em cleaned up forgot to snap a pic. but it looked just like Mondays box minus the one red. I guess I'm gonna have to plan a trip down south and see if I can get on a faster bite. they just not schooled up on the north end like they were this time last year. maybe it would of been better right before this little front, idk. just love being on the water. good luck all.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default Reds

I think this is them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1366.jpg (47.4 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1367.jpg (57.7 KB, 270 views)