SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Default Look who is against Science again!

Here the CCA goes again talking out there aZZ of something they know zero about !

http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.s...t_river_mobile
Old 04-02-2015, 03:39 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

All the available evidence shows that redfish stocks in MI and LA waters and the adjacent federal waters are healthy enough to support the proposed limit change.

CCAs opposition shows that they are not interested in adjusting regulations to support sustainable harvests, but rather in racheting down restrictions always more tightly regardless of what the science shows.

Less restrictive redfish restrictions in federal waters are not a "Pandora's box" as the CCA spokesman asserts, they are an opportunity to allow anglers to harvest the abundant resource.

Thanks for bringing this to light, "W".
Old 04-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Bull Reds are by the millions offshore !! Hell last week I must of saw 100k busting in big schools off the beach
Old 04-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

im sure the CCA cheerleaders will be here shortly to start telling us how misguided we are and this really isn't how it seams and CCA is really looking out for us by fighting against this for an overpopulated nuisance species that reds and drum have become.

would have been better to see them open the full limit thou, not just one a day

im still hopeful that someone whos voice will be listened to and acted upon, will finally ask the size limit be reduced to 14" and the limit raised to 8-10 fish per day.

one thing is for sure, if you want something to change here you better get it changed to that in texas first because CCA will make damn sure we don't have larger limits then texas for anything
Old 04-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

"Under the plan, proposed by the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, each angler fishing federal waters with a licensed charter captain would be allowed ONE redfish per day measuring at least 18 inches in length. There would be no maximum size limit."

Sooo Im assuming this means 2 miles out and on a charter?
Old 04-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
"Under the plan, proposed by the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, each angler fishing federal waters with a licensed charter captain would be allowed ONE redfish per day measuring at least 18 inches in length. There would be no maximum size limit."

Think it's 3 Miles are more but yes ...

I can take 3 or 4 customers to the Jetties and keep 1 per person

But I would say the larger number of anglers do not keep large reds , most catch for fun and let go
Old 04-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Banned

These CCA people are ridiculous. We have got to stick together on this and push back. There's no way in hell these purposed restrictions are helpful. Who would even benefit from one redfish a day restrictions, blows my mind.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Think it's 3 Miles are more but yes ...

I can take 3 or 4 customers to the Jetties and keep 1 per person

But I would say the larger number of anglers do not keep large reds , most catch for fun and let go

Oh I agree most BULLS are for sport, but 18" really?

Hell my preferred take home slot size is 18-24

This is bad news all the way around, these limitations on charter Capt. would soon be passed on to rec. fisherman
Old 04-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

I have nothing for or against a cca....Not a member , never been , never will....Maybe I miss read but Mathgeek it said 1 fish 18 inch or longer in federal waters...I see nothing wrong with that...Then again "W" states he saw 100k busting off the beach...So if 100k busting off the beach why is there the need to go all the way to federal waters??? Keakar states they are a nuisance and wants the limit dropped to 14 inch...If theres so many why is there a need to drop the size limit???? When I first started fishing out of point a chene around 1998 or so I could put a limit of reds in the boat in an hour or less...Last few years it may take 4 hours ... And to throw 14 inchers in wouldn't make a difference cause they are devoid also and the only thing a 14 incher is good for is to whole fry in my opinion cause theres no more meat than a 10 inch bass....So if there are so many in state waters why is there a need to keep or fish in federal waters....I don't fish offshore so I was just wondering....
Old 04-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
I have nothing for or against a cca....Not a member , never been , never will....Maybe I miss read but Mathgeek it said 1 fish 18 inch or longer in federal waters...I see nothing wrong with that...Then again "W" states he saw 100k busting off the beach...So if 100k busting off the beach why is there the need to go all the way to federal waters??? Keakar states they are a nuisance and wants the limit dropped to 14 inch...If theres so many why is there a need to drop the size limit???? When I first started fishing out of point a chene around 1998 or so I could put a limit of reds in the boat in an hour or less...Last few years it may take 4 hours ... And to throw 14 inchers in wouldn't make a difference cause they are devoid also and the only thing a 14 incher is good for is to whole fry in my opinion cause theres no more meat than a 10 inch bass....So if there are so many in state waters why is there a need to keep or fish in federal waters....I don't fish offshore so I was just wondering....
You don't need to go into federal waters to catch bull reds but will it hurt for a charter boat to see a huge school of bull reds 5 Miles out and have his customers catch 3 or 4 ? And keep them ?

This don't effect the inshore guys this is mostly for guys who are fishing offshore , again you will ever out fish reds with rod n reel in the Gulf of Mexico just as red snapper !!
Old 04-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

If you gut hook a red at one of the short rigs and its going to die anyway, now you can keep it.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
This don't effect the inshore guys this is mostly for guys who are fishing offshore , again you will ever out fish reds with rod n reel in the Gulf of Mexico just as red snapper !!
Its a foot hold, whats next? inshore guys? Im rather new to this entire environment, but even I can see the is over the top stupidity
Old 04-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Quote:
You don't need to go into federal waters to catch bull reds but will it hurt for a charter boat to see a huge school of bull reds 5 Miles out and have his customers catch 3 or 4 ? And keep them ?

OK I understand...I think,,,Charter boats already out can get more for their customers...
Old 04-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Love how DC says that Feds can't manage fisheries ( which they are doing a terrible job of with red snapper) but then he and the CCA push for all kinds of regulations without science. (3tail and big lake trout). Talk about pit calling the kettle black.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
Love how DC says that Feds can't manage fisheries ( which they are doing a terrible job of with red snapper) but then he and the CCA push for all kinds of regulations without science. (3tail and big lake trout). Talk about pit calling the kettle black.
That is why I posted it , when I saw that I was floored !!

CCA can only manage a banquet for every chapter once a year !! That about pushes them to the limits
Old 04-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

CCA is eating steak while the rest of us are eating Now and Laters
Old 04-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
CCA is eating steak while the rest of us are eating Now and Laters
They like Boosie!
Old 04-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,111

Quote:
That is why I posted it , when I saw that I was floored !!

CCA can only manage a banquet for every chapter once a year !! That about pushes them to the limits
Haha I don't know if they can even do that anymore.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post

so are they saying we can only keep one redfish per day no matter where we are fishing? I don't think it would be a bad idea to let the size and limit rules stay but let us keep them where ever we catch them.

It kind of scares me they are trying to change any regulation. No telling what they would want to change next. It seems like they always tighten and loosen all the wrong things lately.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:01 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default read

the way i am reading it is that offshore federal waters is what they are trying to open up, and only to people fishing with a licensed charter captain, no change to the current limits inside of state waters either charter or private, so if i am understanding correctly, if i go in my own boat past the state waters line i can not keep any redfish, i know that is the way it is right now but why only include "licensed charter boats" why can't leroy keep a redfish that he caught when he went fishing offshore in his 14foot flat

W the jetties are not federal waters so you and your clients can still take home your five fish limit, but if you take your clients offshore under the proposed change then you can only have one red per person, after you come back in you can stop at the jetties and catch your other four