SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 640
Default Weyerhauser lease increase comments

I was just curious if the increase to $6.00 per acre for the 2013-2014 lease year is going to drive others to just quit hunting and leasing.

As they keep increasing, they are going to begin causing folks to not afford to keep leasing and hunting.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

If you get out of a lease there will always be someone right behind you to get in it. I deal with hunting leases this time of year and there is a line of people waiting to get in on what I consider very substandard deer hunting property. Places I am on 15 days a year walking around and have never seen the first deer have a waiting list of people wanting in. Everything is going up in costs.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 949

hunt refuges it is free and i see alot more deer on refuges thatn i ever did on deer leases.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

We have one of our sections in MS that is bid out every 5 years. Well, this year, some jack leg from Franklington, LA that has a section down the road from us came in with a bid of $21.50/acre and we were paying $7.50/acre.

We had to match it to keep it, so now when his section comes up for bid, I will bid $35.00/acre next year. Two can play this game and he knew that all our camps were around this section. We live in a world of greedy people and this guy thought he was going to walk in and take our place. I will work extra weekends once a month to get his now. Such is life, I may not be right - but that is how it will be!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

if it's market driven, it's hard to argue with..........if it's hate driven, burn them out
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

We have 2500 acres in winnfield, La. we were told by Weyerhauser to expect at least a 25% inclease next year. We are are paying 850 a person now and the increase would bring us up to 1050 a person. I still find this is not bad compared to the 2500 a year I was paying in Mississippi.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:21 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

I left Winnfield (Atlanta) where we were paying $1000/yr per member to MS where we are paying $1000/yr per member but have 10 times the game. Now, with this increase we will probably go to $1200/yr, but I will pay it w/ a smile!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

They (Plum Creek) been going up 50¢ an acre on us for the past 3 years, we have have 10,000 acres. THAT ADDS UP!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

We have close to 3,000 acres in jackson parish owned by them....not sure what we are going to do next year.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Not to rub it in but, rather to show desperation to hunt down here...I have two friends that lease 10k acres for $3k/yr in ok. They have all the rights. There is no club and, they have monsters! I'd post pics he sent me yesterday but, I don't know how to get them from text messages to here.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Flounder

Cash: 958

I am also in a lease north of Winnfield, right outside of Dodson, that is through Wyerhauser, and we where told that next year expect and increase up to $2.00 and acre and we have somewhere in between 6000 and 7000 acres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

Doesn't Wyerhauser know there is a recession going on in this country. This is a stupid move on their part and it really shows that all they care about is the all mighty dollar.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by primeaux View Post
I am also in a lease north of Winnfield, right outside of Dodson, that is through Wyerhauser, and we where told that next year expect and increase up to $2.00 and acre and we have somewhere in between 6000 and 7000 acres.

You on Hwy 34?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,453

yea i hunt in bienville parish. they are going up on us to for the next 2 years
Old 10-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by latravcha View Post
You on Hwy 34?
Don't really remember the hwy, but when we get into Dodson we take a right at the store towards Sikes, then take the first left at the church, and our campground is a few miles on the right. Our club is Argola hunting club.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Flounder

It really doesn't bother me about them going up some, being we are paying $625 right now, but the fact that they have clear cut a good portion of our woods, and the deer numbers have dropped. Just gotta deal with it cause like someone said if you don't wanna pay it someone else will

Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Ling

The lease prices can go up $5/acre and someone will jump on it We are fortunate in Louisiana that we have over a million acres of public land access to fall back on
Timber prices are down, fuel prices are up = gotta make up the money somewhere. Too many pine plantations popped up across the state years ago and the demand is not there but the supply is high. Many many mills across the state have shut down, and the mills that do remain will often 'cap' the number of loads a company can bring in, particularly during the summer when its dry. One of the reasons behind this is....email The amount of paper used has dropped exponentially due to email, not as many people print things out anymore, and hardly anyone writes letters anymore.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
The lease prices can go up $5/acre and someone will jump on it We are fortunate in Louisiana that we have over a million acres of public land access to fall back on
Timber prices are down, fuel prices are up = gotta make up the money somewhere. Too many pine plantations popped up across the state years ago and the demand is not there but the supply is high. Many many mills across the state have shut down, and the mills that do remain will often 'cap' the number of loads a company can bring in, particularly during the summer when its dry. One of the reasons behind this is....email The amount of paper used has dropped exponentially due to email, not as many people print things out anymore, and hardly anyone writes letters anymore.
This is true, 15 years ago when I first started in accounting everything was printed. Now audit and tax firms (at least the large ones) are almost completly paperless. We would spend over $4,000 a month just on shredding confidential documents now shredding is taken care of for less than $200 per month.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
This is true, 15 years ago when I first started in accounting everything was printed. Now audit and tax firms (at least the large ones) are almost completly paperless. We would spend over $4,000 a month just on shredding confidential documents now shredding is taken care of for less than $200 per month.
Thats a good thing for businesses

Pine plantations won't go away, still gotta have building materials and toilet paper, and beer boxes