SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400
Thumbs down Nissan of Lake Charles sucks!

The old lady wanted a Nissan murano, been wanting one for a few years. So we decided to go look at them after seeing an ad in the paper advertising them for cheap after discounts and rebates. We get there and they pull bait and switch. Try to put her in another package that's $10k over the advertised offer. They were extremely pushy. Tried to walk out several times but they literally wouldn't give my wife her drivers license back. I thought I was gonna have to call the cops for false imprisonment. We finally walked out and the salesman comes running out on the phone (bull****) and says he's got a wholesaler on the phone right now who will come pick up her car for $6k but it has to be right now. I mean this guy was pulling every trick in the book. She ended up buying a murano but now is having trouble gettin service that was promised. That place is the epitome of Car salesman stereotypes. I went up there Monday and her old car was still there, maybe that wholesaler changed his mind. It's a disgrace. Don't ever go there and deal wit these wild animals.

P.S. I bought a truck from Bolton Ford last December and it was nothin but a pleasant experience. They shot me straight and didn't hassle or try and run any games or gimmicks.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

They makin underhanded deals.... ERYDAY!
Old 06-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Redfish

Cash: 883

My wife and I went a few years back just to give nissan a chance even though we knew she would end up in a Yukon XL. It didn't take more than five minutes for me to leave and know that I would never go back there.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
The old lady wanted a Nissan murano, been wanting one for a few years. So we decided to go look at them after seeing an ad in the paper advertising them for cheap after discounts and rebates. We get there and they pull bait and switch. Try to put her in another package that's $10k over the advertised offer. They were extremely pushy. Tried to walk out several times but they literally wouldn't give my wife her drivers license back. I thought I was gonna have to call the cops for false imprisonment. We finally walked out and the salesman comes running out on the phone (bull****) and says he's got a wholesaler on the phone right now who will come pick up her car for $6k but it has to be right now. I mean this guy was pulling every trick in the book. She ended up buying a murano but now is having trouble gettin service that was promised. That place is the epitome of Car salesman stereotypes. I went up there Monday and her old car was still there, maybe that wholesaler changed his mind. It's a disgrace. Don't ever go there and deal wit these wild animals.

P.S. I bought a truck from Bolton Ford last December and it was nothin but a pleasant experience. They shot me straight and didn't hassle or try and run any games or gimmicks.

After all that you posted, you actually bought a vehicle from them? It seems like you might of been forewarned as what to expect but you didn't pay attention to them. Next time RUN
Old 06-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Here's a trick when buying a car..... walk in with a copy of your license and a copy of your trade in keys........ when you ready to bounce...... you have nothing to worry about.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Funny, I was just about to post up something about Lake Charles Mazda which is owned by the same idiot that owns Nissan of Lake Charles.

The wife wanted a Mazda6. I tell her to go test drive first to see if she likes it. She likes the car so I go on my way back from fishing and look at it. The salesman is a pretty nice young guy, just got out of the service. Not too pushy. I tell him I will talk to the wife and we will get back to him. The wife and I talk and she wants the car. I email him the same and tell him to send me his best price. He writes back and says he wants to earn my business, how can he do it. I write back and tell him to earn my business, you have to at least give me a price and I want your best price. He tells me he will work up something the next day. Several days go by and I hear nothing. Yesterday I get an email that say he can sell me a car for MSRP. Wow, what deal! He also tells me all the dealer added services they did to the car I will get for free! A simple search on autotrader.com reveals much better deals.

*** is wrong with these people. I guess they think everyone that comes in there is an idiot. Granted, lots of folks are idiots,and they make their money off of them, but if you treat everyone like a moron you are going to pizz a lot of folks off.

The owner is supposedly from New Orleans and from the way they operate their dealership I believe it...bunch of shuck and jive and BS.

I have already found a deal on a Mazda for far below what they offered (MSRP). They won't be getting any of my business. You should sell the sales force they have up in Deridder. Most of them don't have teeth and they all look like they came out of a homeless shelter. They all say the same stupid lines when trying to sell you something. These folks are such a joke.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Yeh man never listen to what they say. Guy at Acadiana Dodge tried to tell me he had a wholesaler in town just that day that his specialty was a Honda accord which my wife was trying to trade. And he could give her best value. He was trying to get us in a brand new Durango Citadel for like $45k. I talked my wife into leaving and came back a month or so later and they had one with 15k miles for about $10k cheaper. Jumped on that one and they gave us same amount for her car they were offering when "accord man" was in town.

Last edited by specktator; 06-14-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elebouef View Post
After all that you posted, you actually bought a vehicle from them? It seems like you might of been forewarned as what to expect but you didn't pay attention to them. Next time RUN
Correction, my wife bought a vehicle there. Figured Id warn the members of saltycajun.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

I cant stand a car salesman.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Dealt with them once years back. Ended up getting them on lemon law. Screw them and Nissan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Flounder

Cash: 566

Go to Houston. David McDavid Nissan. Know some folks that bought from there. Beat LC hands down on trade and new Nissan.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I know Bolton Ford is a sponsor and I thank them for that. However the best car buying exp. I had was at LaFourche Ford. Talked to Jude the Dude whowas just a salesman at the time. Told him to give me his best price, I liked it, it was it and that was that. He was cheaper then Robichaux and Terrebonne Ford and they are local to our community.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,167

My wife has a Murano from there. The sales lady was pleasant to deal with, but she no longer works there.
The service manager is a **** head. Every time we go in there, I have to go to the owner to get things fixed under warranty.
One time, under warranty, something was wrong with the computer. Service manager wanted to charge me to fix it. He said I didn't change the air filter correctly and didn't use a Nissan air filter. I went straight to the owner and he told the service manager not to charge me.
This happened several times for different reasons. Same guy. I'd rather pay someone else to fix it than to go back in for warranty work.
The owner is a stand up guy. He always took care of me. But I shouldn't have to go to him every time I have a warranty issue.
That place has turned me off on Nissan. Even if they were a good car, I wouldn't buy another because of the service I got in Lake Charles.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I will give another plug for Bolton. I've bought 3 new vehicles in my life and that was the best, easiest experience I've ever had. And not just saying that because they are a sponsor. They shot straight and let me put myself into a new vehicle. I wasn't pushed into one.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
I know Bolton Ford is a sponsor and I thank them for that. However the best car buying exp. I had was at LaFourche Ford. Talked to Jude the Dude whowas just a salesman at the time. Told him to give me his best price, I liked it, it was it and that was that. He was cheaper then Robichaux and Terrebonne Ford and they are local to our community.
That's how it was at Bolton. It was like buying a loaf of bread at the grocery store. He gave me a price on a new truck, told me what he'd give me for trade in, and that was it.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Flounder

Cash: 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
That's how it was at Bolton. It was like buying a loaf of bread at the grocery store. He gave me a price on a new truck, told me what he'd give me for trade in, and that was it.
Spunt,

I haven't been on SC in a long time, but I try to check in when I can. I saw your thread and wanted to thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry to hear about your experience at Nissan of LC. Not to sound cliche, but I've always followed the Golden Rule. It's simple, fair, and our customers seem to appreciate it. I'm a consumer, also, and I can't stand poor service. It's just a matter of finding the right product and right people to buy from.

-King Bolton
Old 06-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
They makin underhanded deals.... ERYDAY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371247265327.jpg (37.5 KB, 511 views)
Old 06-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Allstar group in BR is a pretty good bunch. My cousin is a finance manager there, so I didn't have to deal with a salesmen much.
But the guy who did help find the truck I got and my wife's car was pleasant to deal with.
We traded my Chevy and her mazda6 then bought my tundra and her Camry within 2 hours.
Pretty simple and straight forward. I recommend using them and if anyone is in the BR area looking ill give u my cousin number So u can deal with him from the start.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Internet shop prices! I've always dealt with Service and have always had a great experience with the, but this time the wife wanted a GMC. I got prices from nearly every dealer from here to Houston. Did a little haggling owner email and when I got a price I liked I took it to the local dealer. Match it or I'm walking. I also spoke with a guy that used to work for the company that did the dealers leather work and found out what they charged the dealer to add leather. I told the salesman I knew the owner and what he charged for leather and I wasn't spending a dollar more. I ended up with the car with added leather for waaaaaay under sticker.

I think my next one will be a Ford though, so I'll be passing by Bolton first.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbolton View Post
Spunt,

I haven't been on SC in a long time, but I try to check in when I can. I saw your thread and wanted to thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry to hear about your experience at Nissan of LC. Not to sound cliche, but I've always followed the Golden Rule. It's simple, fair, and our customers seem to appreciate it. I'm a consumer, also, and I can't stand poor service. It's just a matter of finding the right product and right people to buy from.

-King Bolton

Contrary to that service I had terrible service at your dealership. Thanks for selling me a POS truck. 30 days after I bought it from you guys the transmission went out. Really appreciate it