SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:51 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Default Tragic evidence of why we must pay attention on the road!

http://www.thecreole.com/?p=28318
Old 06-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

I'd put money on it that she was playing on her phone at the time it happened. I hope she enjoys her time in prison..... She earned it.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Shortly before 3:30 pm on June 24, 2014, Troopers from Louisiana State Police Troop A began investigating a single vehicle fatal crash that occurred on LA Hwy 928 (Bluff Rd.) south of I-10 in Ascension Parish. The crash took the lives of two children: 6 year old David Lanus, Jr. and 9 year old Faria Lanus, brother and sister from Geismar.
The initial investigation by State Police revealed that the crash occurred as 47 year old Shawnette B. Taylor of Prairieville was driving a 2004 Nissan Armada southbound on LA Hwy 928. At the same time Faria and David Lanus, Jr. were fishing in a bayou down an embankment on the side of the road with their father (30 year old David Lanus, Sr.) and two other family friends. For unknown reasons Taylor’s Armada ran off the roadway to the right. After leaving the roadway the Armada traveled down the embankment and struck the group as they were fishing.
Both Faria and David Lanus, Jr. were killed as a result of the crash, and were pronounced deceased at the scene by the Ascension Parish Coroner’s Office. David Lanus, Sr. and two other adult males received minor to moderate injuries as a result of the crash. All were transported to Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge.
Taylor was properly restrained at the time of the crash, and she suffered only minor injuries as a result. Impairment is not suspected; however, a toxicology sample was taken from Taylor and submitted to the Louisiana State Police Crime Lab for analysis. At this point no charges have been filed, and this crash remains under investigation. Troopers ask that anyone with any information regarding this crash please contact Louisiana State Police Troop A at 225-754-8500 or their local law enforcement agency.
Troopers urge the public to remain vigilant while driving at all times, especially during busy summer months. Never drive a motor vehicle when impaired or fatigued. Always remain buckled up while in a vehicle, regardless of seating position. Avoid distracting activities, especially the temptations of electronic devices that can substantially divert a driver’s attention away from the road, and always obey all traffic control devices.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:04 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I'd put money on it that she was playing on her phone at the time it happened. I hope she enjoys her time in prison..... She earned it.
sadly that's probably exactly what it was, but give her some chance, she may have been just extremely tired.. 3:30 pm unlikely, but just incase one of her family members would read this, I don't want any of us on the site to look like a butt
Old 06-25-2014, 11:22 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Saw a vehicle once that was swerving all over the place. On coming traffic was having to take serious evasive manuvers. The vehicle finally left the road and went into a field. No phone and no drinking. The driver was going into diabetic shock. Luckily no one was hurt. Sometimes crazy stuff happens.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:42 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Yes this is very sad fellas. It hit home on my end. This family and kids 9 and 6 years old that were killed are my wife's cousin's.
She told me this when I got off work this morning. I'm speachless!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2014, 11:55 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

The little I read about it said there was a witness driving behind her who said she did not appear to be on her phone or texting. It looked like she hydroplaned in the curve.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
Yes this is very sad fellas. It hit home on my end. This family and kids 9 and 6 years old that were killed are my wife's cousin's.

My prayers go out to all family members in this accident...
Old 06-25-2014, 12:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

It happen on Bluff Rd which is a few miles from where I live. The stretch has a bad curve where this accident happen. A few years ago 2 people lost control and went in the water and got killed. Sadly there is no guard rail there to help with slowing down a vehicle if you lose control. I guess it cost the La dept of transportation touch money for it.....typical P O S Louisiana roads..
Old 06-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
The little I read about it said there was a witness driving behind her who said she did not appear to be on her phone or texting. It looked like she hydroplaned in the curve.
For her sake I hope that is the issue. I'd hate for those kids to have died for someone who couldn't wait to text or update her status. Sport for your loss alpha.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Flounder

Cash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post

So sorry to hear this Lawrence your family is in our prayers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Thank fellas