SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:38 AM
Redfish

Cash: -1,658
Default Do Mods Respond to PM's

Got an infraction the other day for a "language violation" and the reference was a video in which no cuss words were said (all beeped or modified). Sent a PM to the mod that gave it to me, questioning the infraction, and have yet to receive a response. It's not that big of deal, just wondering why the infraction was given with no cause. Do mods ever answer a PM in this situation? Just curious.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Im sure they will get to it when they can. The mods have regular jobs and family duties just like us. Im sure you will get an explanation as soon as he has time.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:31 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,826

To answer your question, we make decisions to give infractions when we feel they are needed. I'm sure you can find a thousand other posts that you think are in appropriate and should have been given an infraction.

But when you post a video, even if it is the clean version and it has 50 plus mother (bleep) in a rap song, whether they are using the "F" word or not, it is way too extreme.

We try to let a lot of things slide but as soon as we get a little too relaxed, people start going crazy posting everything they can to try and either break the rules or ride the fence on whether it is appropriate or not.

The Gill Net is in the Premium section and it will cost you $6 a month or $50 a year to join and have access.....We allow everything in their but "lips and nips".....

I hope this answers your question.... and I have about 50 PM's that I have not had time to respond too, so sorry for the delay...
Old 06-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Redfish

Cash: -1,658

No problem, I specifically tried not to break the rules. Guess we have differing opinions of extreme. An edited rap song, where not a single cuss word can be heard, is not extreme in my opinion. Maybe not your cup of tea, but clearly not a violation of the rules as they are written. Lesson learned, I'll try not to be so "extreme" from now on.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:29 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchRex View Post
No problem, I specifically tried not to break the rules. Guess we have differing opinions of extreme. An edited rap song, where not a single cuss word can be heard, is not extreme in my opinion. Maybe not your cup of tea, but clearly not a violation of the rules as they are written. Lesson learned, I'll try not to be so "extreme" from now on.

What I have understood is don't post any videos you wouldn't want a kid to see in the open forums. Didnt see the video, but most rap videos are not kid friendly
Old 06-20-2014, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchRex View Post
An edited rap song, where not a single cuss word can be heard, is not extreme in my opinion. Maybe not your cup of tea, but clearly not a violation of the rules as they are written. Lesson learned, I'll try not to be so "extreme" from now on.
You are entitled to your opinion as we are to ours. Just remember, its the Mods opinion that counts when it comes to infractions.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,087

Guys just to put things in perspective my son is 14 and just joined the a Forum cause he loves fishing so there are kids on here thanks for the consideration of making this a family friendly forum
Old 06-20-2014, 04:25 PM
The Camp Cook....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripley View Post
Guys just to put things in perspective my son is 14 and just joined the a Forum cause he loves fishing so there are kids on here thanks for the consideration of making this a family friendly forum
Thanks Crip......
Old 06-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
The mods here do a top notch job. Blue Chip popped me once. Just how it is. Pay the 6 bucks and go to the net and have fun.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
The mods here do a top notch job. Blue Chip popped me once. Just how it is. Pay the 6 bucks and go to the net and have fun.

+1

I got the same ban as you for posting a different version of the same video (bikini girls but still with bleeped out cursing) but the mods here do a great job and being a mod is not easy, (I have been a mod on three different websites and I still am at one site, monitoring 6 different forums) but every day a mod has things "on the edge" he has to decide what action to take if any, from a PM telling them to make changes or editing a post yourself or what level of infraction it deserves and you have to stick with a uniform code of whats allowed and whats not even if its debate worthy you cant sit there and do a lawyer thing evaluating each case in the minutia.

I agree if something is borderline then whack it because its always best to be overly cautious then not and this website more then others has many kids reading it every day.

I agree with my infraction and yours because those videos might be ok with teenagers but were not kid friendly or family content friendly.

as mentioned before, if you want to post more adult language, style, and content then join premium and there are forums for posting that stuff where kids don't get to see it.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 890

Quote:
At fourteen he probably has seen the real thing unless you have a guard on him 24 hours a day
Old 06-21-2014, 08:28 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by elebouef View Post
At fourteen he probably has seen the real thing unless you have a guard on him 24 hours a day
This may be true but its no reason for a kid to be bombbarded with it on a fishing forum.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:31 PM
The Camp Cook....

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
This may be true but its no reason for a kid to be bombbarded with it on a fishing forum.
Agreed....
Old 06-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by elebouef View Post
He was raised in church no rated R movies no rap music no girlfriends only allowed to go with friends from church with parental supervision. He is also a very dedicated athlete really good kid
Old 06-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
He was raised in church no rated R movies no rap music no girlfriends only allowed to go with friends from church with parental supervision. He is also a very dedicated athlete really good kid
sounds like you raised him well

its hard in todays world to raise kids to respect others and do the right things and avoid temptations of other kids who were raised without good morals or a sense of decency
Old 06-21-2014, 10:36 PM
Tripletail

It has been tough especially since I was so bad as a teenager but I share with him what we went through and we have a rule in this house just cause society says it ok doesn't mean it is he is on here pretty regular but hasn't posted yet reads a lot of post and such. Funny is he is not allowed on Facebook so this is what he has lol.