SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
Except those are both still photos so they don't tell the entire story. Keep the change.

Thanks for playing though.
Do your research on the internet...instead of playing....both situation start out with a "Man with a Gun" call.. totally different ending.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

The law is very clear on the use of deadly force. Its the perceived threat an officer feels, Where it gets into a gray area is that a threat to one person is different from another. That along with evidence determines the outcome. Not race or his prior arrest record. But if the officer knew his record or past behavior, that could play into the perceived threat. So lets say the officer knew the guy had a gun the threat is higher already. If he didn't know this guy had a gun the threat level is lower. The evidence will be there at the end of the day. Don't jump too quick on the evidence the media presents us.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck Attack View Post
Do your research on the internet...instead of playing....both situation start out with a "Man with a Gun" call.. totally different ending.
Who's playing?? I'm not the one using a meme.

Did you watch the video on that thing called the internet where one guy continues to struggle and fight with the cops? There is no context or backstory related to the picture on the left side of your meme. So it really doesn't help to prove your point. I would agree that the point you're trying to prove is probably worth about 2 cents.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Cop just shot in St. Louis. Guess he allowed the suspect time to point first. What a joke.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyboyblue View Post
Cop just shot in St. Louis. Guess he allowed the suspect time to point first. What a joke.
Gotta love that "training"
Old 07-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

The guy on the left (alive or not) should not have his hand on his weapon.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck Attack View Post
I'm a man with a gun. Stood side by side with a state trooper once while we both made our fountain coke. He looked at my gun and said nice 1911, not many people carry those anymore.I said thanks Then we went about our way because I didn't act like an idiot and give him a reason to mess with me.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

1911 only way to go!! Power to kill or just slap someone with!!
Old 07-08-2016, 04:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
I'm a man with a gun. Stood side by side with a state trooper once while we both made our fountain coke. He looked at my gun and said nice 1911, not many people carry those anymore.I said thanks Then we went about our way because I didn't act like an idiot and give him a reason to mess with me.
I've been close enough with some level headed LEOs to hear how they distinguish between honest citizens carrying and criminals. Criminals nearly never have real holsters and higher end firearms. Honest citizens nearly always have decent grade firearms and holsters (and firearm never leaves the holster.)

Even the LEOs who gave family members a hard time usually compliment our choice of arms (Kimber 1911s and Sig P229s/P239s) and holsters.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Am i the onlyone that finds it strange that the media never said a man (of any color was killing white cops) but they fast to say a white cop killed a man of (any color)!!!
Let me guess it was not his fault it was the guns fault!!!
I am not saying the two shootings of the (men of any color) were or were not just!!! But what happened in Dallas lastnight was murder any how you look at it!!!

I did think the Mayer and chIef of Dallas did a good job this morning at the press talk.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I've been close enough with some level headed LEOs to hear how they distinguish between honest citizens carrying and criminals. Criminals nearly never have real holsters and higher end firearms. Honest citizens nearly always have decent grade firearms and holsters (and firearm never leaves the holster.)

Even the LEOs who gave family members a hard time usually compliment our choice of arms (Kimber 1911s and Sig P229s/P239s) and holsters.
Presentation and body language speak so much. Like I said earlier I've only had one incident that wasn't pleasant and it was merely a mild annoyance.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Here's a link to a video by Kevin Gates(a rapper from Baton Rouge). He gets it, why can't the rest of them...
http://viralvoice.blogspot.com/2016/...gates.html?m=1
Old 07-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Redfish

Cash: 669

I don't do illegal stuff and don't argue with cops, and I am still here with no bullet holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 983
Default Seems like every time Obama interjects

his .02 into these matters it gets worse within a matter of hours. Race relations have been set back to the '60s since he's been elected. The news media is making things worse by showing every protest with two or more people present in the galaxy. Most of these folks simply have too much time on their hands when they should be busy working. I work with nice, respectable senior black folks each and every day, but 99% of them see what's going on with our country/Obama only one way. Unfortunately for them they are black first and everything else second.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:26 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathfinderNI View Post
his .02 into these matters it gets worse within a matter of hours. Race relations have been set back to the '60s since he's been elected. The news media is making things worse by showing every protest with two or more people present in the galaxy. Most of these folks simply have too much time on their hands when they should be busy working. I work with nice, respectable senior black folks each and every day, but 99% of them see what's going on with our country/Obama only one way. Unfortunately for them they are black first and everything else second.
I know exactly what you mean. I know a few black people that are good people but since Obama and all of the mess we have now they are like mindless zombies. It's he/she is right because our skin is the same color.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:27 PM
Sailfish

I also know some black folks that can't wait for Obama to be kicked to the curb.