SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908
FlagUS Together for Tipper Fundraiser

Hey guys, this is a benefit fundraiser for one of my brother's close friends. He hit his head while in basic training for the National Guard and is now pretty much paralyzed from the chest down. I know alot of people on here like to cook so maybe we could get a SaltyCajun cookoff team together and maybe even collect some money to donate or some prizes to auction off or raffle.

The event will be held December 12 at the Shrimp Festival Grounds in Delcambre. Live bands, cookoff, auction, refreshments. If you have anything you or anyone you know would like to give to the cause, please contact me @ rlandry@al-llc.com or you can contact my mom at alandry@mandllaw.com. Accepting soft drinks, beer, paper products, hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, nachos, hot chocolate, items to auction or raffle, $$$ ..... I will follow up with more details as I receive them.

If you would like to volunteer to help for the event, the next organizational meeting will be on Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:30 p.m. at the Delcambre Shrimp Festival Building.

For those of you who do not know Tipper, he is the son of Marcelle Migues Alexander (originally from Erath) and Chris Esponge and a 2009 graduate of Delcambre High School. Tipper sustained a spinal cord injury on August 25 while at basic training with the National Guards in Fort Benning, Georgia. He is currently undergoing rehabilitation at The Shepherd Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default cook off

What are they cooking in the cook off? I may be interested .
Old 10-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Swordfish

I don't think they decided that yet. They were going to do gumbo but we have a gumbo cookoff/Christmas boat parade at the same place the weekend before that. I'm trying to convince them to do a chili cookoff.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Swordfish

Default chilli

Chilli sounds good , i have a recipe thats won a few comps that i will share w/ the team even if i don't make it.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Swordfish

We will also have camping spots for the cookoff - I think $35. The camper has to be brought in Friday evening. Campers who are cooking will park on the festival grounds first. Non-cooking campers will have to park where the bands play for the festival if the festival grounds fill up.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Swordfish

Everyone,

This is an update on the “Together for Tipper” organizational meeting conducted on Monday evening (10-5-09). The next organizational meeting will take place at 6:30pm on Monday, October 19th in Delcambre at the Shrimp Festival building. Please try to attend.

Here are the issues discussed:
1) An account will be set up with the name “Together for Tipper”. This account will be utilized to accept “gifts” to Tipper. This will be the working account for the “Together for Tipper” fundraiser. Two signatures will be required to write any checks for expenses. Connie Landry, Michael Juan Nunez and Greg Touchet have volunteered to be the signatories on this account. The plan is to set up the account at Gulf Coast Bank. All of the profits from this event will be “gifted” to Tipper. Most likely into a “trust” set up with the express purpose of assisting with his future medical, travel and living needs.
2) Ellen Falgout reported that Lenny with Action Speciality has graciously volunteered to “gift” their services (and the shirts) to make T-shirts for this event. Many thanks to Action Speciality for this generous gift.
3) The “Together for Tipper” fundraiser will be held on Saturday, December 12th, 2009 at the Delcambre Shrimp Festival property in Delcambre from 8am to 10pm.
4) The event will consist of entertainment (music & bands), an auction (live and silent), a poker run, a cook-off on the carnival grounds (the event will allow campers and cooking trailers). Campers will be required to set up on the Friday afternoon/evening.
5) The cookoff will be a “Cajun cookoff” with 3 or 4 categories. The categories will be presented at the next meeting.
6) There will be sales of refreshments (hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, sweets, hot chocolate, pop and water) There will also be a beer tent for beer sales. We are taking “gifts” for “EVERYTHING”. We want to encourage the cook off participants to cook as much as they can and sell their food to raise funds. We will take “gifts” of beverages (beer, pop & water) from any group, person or company that wants to contribute. These “gifts” will NOT be tax deductable by the giver. However, the giver may be able to write the value of the “gift” off as an advertisement expense. Be certain to keep track of any gift and the name/address of the giver.
7) We are also taking “gifts” for the auctions (silent and live). The more valuable items will be placed into the live auction. The auction will be held near the end of the event – probably just before the final band.
8) We will sell tickets for beer and refreshments. Tickets will be $1 a piece. The pricing of items will be decided at the next meeting.
9) A “Together for Tipper” website was discussed. There is a possibility that this website can be established and linked directly to the “Together for Tipper” bank account (maybe via PayPal) to allow “gifts” to be made that way. Content will be required for this website. This is being investigated.
10) The gate entry fee will be $5 and bracelets will be used for entry. There will be an age limit for the entry fee (age limit will be decided at the next meeting).
11) The entertainment line-up and times will be decided at the next meeting. Five bands have committed to perform.
12) Tracy Menard has already started to “get the word out” by putting the “Together For Tipper” date on the 5th Avenue website: http://www.the5thavenueband.com/schedule.html

Since the meeting last Monday – emails have been flying around. Keep up the effort and continue with the ideas. We will have a lot of decisions to finalize at the next meeting. We have a large number of volunteers working to pull this event together (too many to mention). “WE” can pull this off. “Together”, we will make this a successful event and make a difference in Tipper’s life.

As always, if you know of someone that would be interested in participating please feel free to forward this email to them and/or get their email address to me so I can add them to the list. Remember that the next organizational meeting will be in Delcambre at the Shrimp Festival building on Monday, Oct 19th at 6:30pm. All are welcome to attend.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:31 AM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662
Default Billystix custom rods will be happy to help

Hi guy
you can count on billystix custom rods.
I will build you a custom spiral for the auction, this should bring in a few bucks just be sure to let me know when you need the rod to be delivered and to whom i need to send it to. Also please be sure to keep me posted so that i dont forget because i get busy and i am likely to forget.
Stix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW--REDFISH-CHASING SHRIMP LOGO.jpg (62.5 KB, 499 views)
Old 10-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by billystix custom rods View Post
Hi guy
you can count on billystix custom rods.
I will build you a custom spiral for the auction, this should bring in a few bucks just be sure to let me know when you need the rod to be delivered and to whom i need to send it to. Also please be sure to keep me posted so that i dont forget because i get busy and i am likely to forget.
Stix
AWESOME! If you want, you can ship the rod to me when you ship my camo one to save on shipping charges and I'll get it there. The event is on 12/12/09 so as long as I have it before then, it's all good!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Swordfish

Default What say the Jury

I think we could get a pretty dang good team together to cook in this comp. Anyone want to enter as Salty Cajun .com crew?
Old 10-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I think we could get a pretty dang good team together to cook in this comp. Anyone want to enter as Salty Cajun .com crew?
I am DEFINATELY down for that! Maybe W could see about getting us some saltycajun shirts made for it.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Swordfish

Default cooking

LL,
Sent pm w/ info.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
*****Cajun *******

If you get t shirts with salTY cajun on the t shirt would you consider leting me put billystix on there as well, i would help out $$$ if need be like maybe have it on the left shoulder??
Let me know.
Stix
Old 10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

you make a shirt with SC and Billystix on it...I got to have it!!!!
Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Swordfish

If we get shirts I will make sure the billystix logo is on them. Sulphite, why don't you cook with us? The more the merrier!
Old 10-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Swordfish

If we get shirts I will make sure the billystix logo is on them. Sulphite, why don't you cook with us? The more the merrier!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Swordfish

Come on guys, we need to get us a team together for this cookoff. Billy has already said he will contribute if needed and wants to be a part of this. Eman and I are the only ones that seem to wanna do this, we need some more people for a cooking team though.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Swordfish

Ok, here is something I threw together for a shirt idea for this cook-off fundraiser if anybody is interested.

Guys, this would be a great way to help out a kid who has become paralyzed while trying to serve our country and also a great way to get SaltyCajun.com out there and get more people to the site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back of shirt.jpg (29.2 KB, 458 views)
File Type: jpg front of shirt.jpg (20.4 KB, 462 views)
Old 10-12-2009, 03:21 PM
*****Cajun *******

Looks good dude
stix
Old 10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I'm down to be on a team...
Old 10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Flounder

Cash: 659

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
Hey guys, this is a benefit fundraiser for one of my brother's close friends. He hit his head while in basic training for the National Guard and is now pretty much paralyzed from the chest down. I know alot of people on here like to cook so maybe we could get a SaltyCajun cookoff team together and maybe even collect some money to donate or some prizes to auction off or raffle.

The event will be held December 12 at the Shrimp Festival Grounds in Delcambre. Live bands, cookoff, auction, refreshments. If you have anything you or anyone you know would like to give to the cause, please contact me @ rlandry@al-llc.com or you can contact my mom at alandry@mandllaw.com. Accepting soft drinks, beer, paper products, hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, nachos, hot chocolate, items to auction or raffle, $$$ ..... I will follow up with more details as I receive them.

If you would like to volunteer to help for the event, the next organizational meeting will be on Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:30 p.m. at the Delcambre Shrimp Festival Building.

For those of you who do not know Tipper, he is the son of Marcelle Migues Alexander (originally from Erath) and Chris Esponge and a 2009 graduate of Delcambre High School. Tipper sustained a spinal cord injury on August 25 while at basic training with the National Guards in Fort Benning, Georgia. He is currently undergoing rehabilitation at The Shepherd Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
Let me kow if he needs the a frame triangle that goes onto his bed for when he gets home...My son was recently paralyzed and only by the Grace of God, he walks,, we have a few things to offer if he needs them, pm me and let me know,,, the A frame is brand new and i will give it to him no charge