SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I'm down to be on a team...
The fundraiser is on 12/12/09, let me know if you can make it down. You can bring your camper if you have one and either set it up at the cook-off or at the campground on the lake about 5 minutes away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datcajunman View Post
Let me kow if he needs the a frame triangle that goes onto his bed for when he gets home...My son was recently paralyzed and only by the Grace of God, he walks,, we have a few things to offer if he needs them, pm me and let me know,,, the A frame is brand new and i will give it to him no charge
Man that is very nice of you. I'll email him to see if they need that and let him know what you said. I'll PM you with his reply, thanks alot.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
The fundraiser is on 12/12/09, let me know if you can make it down. You can bring your camper if you have one and either set it up at the cook-off or at the campground on the lake about 5 minutes away.
Yeah finals end the week before ill be back down there for christmas break....i dont have a camper but i live 15 minutes from delcambre....i can probably even get the meat for our team if its a chili cook-off as long as we put up a sign saying whose meat it is we used (my parents own a cattle farm)
Old 10-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Yeah finals end the week before ill be back down there for christmas break....i dont have a camper but i live 15 minutes from delcambre....i can probably even get the meat for our team if its a chili cook-off as long as we put up a sign saying whose meat it is we used (my parents own a cattle farm)
Sounds great to me! I would also like to get a SaltyCajun banner or sign for us to also put on our tent. I have a few tents I can put up for us to get under.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Swordfish

Ok, I have an update on this event. Please remember that this is a benefit for an 18 year old young man that was paralyzed from the chest down while in basic training serving this great country we live in.

Teams will be allowed to enter in the following 5 categories:

Pork, Beef, Chicken, Seafood and Anything Goes

You will be allowed to enter as many dishes as you like but a dish can only be entered into one category.

The costs per team will be $50 to enter 1 category, $80 to enter 2 categories and $100 to enter 3 or more categories

I am trying to get a SaltyCajun team together to cook for this event, please let me know ASAP if you would like to participate.

Also, please be aware that we are accepting any kind of donations, "gifts" to raffle or auction and anyone who would like to volunteer their time will not be turned down.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:59 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662
Default rods for the cajun team

long sider
let me help you out if you get a 5 man team those 5 men will be given a chance to have a custom billystix built by me for cost this will run approx $125 ea for a rod that sell s for $225 but he has to be a part of the team.
also let me know about the t shirts how are you doing on the t shirts do you need help.
stix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW--REDFISH-CHASING SHRIMP LOGO.jpg (62.5 KB, 87 views)
Old 10-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I'm down to be on a team...who's coming with me?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:01 AM
Swordfish

Billy, that would be great!! Thanks for the support, it doesn't look like too many people are interested in the cook off other than myself, meaux fishing and eman.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadMan View Post
Fishing tourneys, cook-offs, charity events, etc. are all welcome to use the SC banner, but keep in mind that the logo is copyrighted, so please PM me ahead of time if you want to use it. I can't think of many events that we would not allow the colors to fly, but it still requires permission.

Also, when you fly the SC banner at an event, send me pictures of the banner (and everything surrounding it), and give me details about what the event was, how many people you estimate were there, etc. I want to get our name out there in front of people, so I will find a way to reward those who do.
Sorry about that Shad, I didn't even think about it. Would you mind if we put the banner up on our tent?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:21 AM
Swordfish

Another idea for the back of the shirts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back of shirt 2.jpg (28.2 KB, 83 views)
Old 10-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

id love to be on a team. if i dont have a final then i will try to make it. ill be headed back from BR to kinder cuz its my birthday on sunday, so i will stop by keep me updated
Old 10-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
id love to be on a team. if i dont have a final then i will try to make it. ill be headed back from BR to kinder cuz its my birthday on sunday, so i will stop by keep me updated
Ok, sounds good man.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
Sorry about that Shad, I didn't even think about it. Would you mind if we put the banner up on our tent?

No problem at all. I'd be proud to have it at an event such as this one. Let me know if there is anything I can help with on this event, and take some pictures of the banner and the event in general.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadMan View Post
No problem at all. I'd be proud to have it at an event such as this one. Let me know if there is anything I can help with on this event, and take some pictures of the banner and the event in general.
I'll be sure to take alot of pics, I'll get my wife to walk around taking pictures and I'll get a good group shot of all the SC guys that show up.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I can mail one of yall the banner
Old 10-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I can mail one of yall the banner
You can mail it to me since I know for sure that I'll be there. I'll PM you my address. I won't need it until December though.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default T- Shirts

W,
How much notice do we need to give on the t shirts and i know they allready have the SC logo on file is there an extra charge for adding Billy styx logo.
What about any of our other site sponsors? If we can get them on board maybe we can get enough sponsorship to pay for the shirts?
I don't mind paying for mine but it's a thought?
Just want to be sure not to cut it to close on the time frame for shirts.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Swordfish

I just got back from our latest meeting and these are some updates for the event:

Entry Fee: $5 per person, children 5 and under are free

Desert judged at 10 AM (can be made at home), Food judged at 1 PM (see below for "rules"), Silent Auction ends at around 5:30 PM, Live Auction begins at around 6 PM, Close at 10 PM.

Events:
Poker Run - $TBD - leave at 9 AM, back for around noon, will go from Delcambre to Bayou Vista and back on Hwy 182
Car Show - $30 to enter, time & details TBD
5K Run - $30 to enter, start after Poker Run leaves
Prize/Cake Bingo - $5 to enter, time TBD
Games for Kids - $1 per game
Facepainting - $5

Cookoff:
Setup starts at 7 AM, Judging at 1 PM
The 5 categories will be Chicken, Pork, Beef, Seafood and Anything Goes
Each team must supply everything needed, nothing will be provided
You will be allowed to bring things precooked, marinated, premade, etc.
Team must cook a minimum of 10 lbs of meat for each dish they enter into the competition.
4 oz. bowls are reccommended for "tasting" at your booth
$50 to enter in 1 category
$80 to enter in 2 categories
$100 to enter in 3 or more categories
Team entry fee includes 4 entry bracelets for team members
Tents and cooking trailers are allowed on the site but no vehicles will be allowed on the grounds after 8 AM Saturday morning.
Campers must be parked on the grounds Friday evening and can't be removed until Sunday morning. Spots will be $30 per site for the weekend. Power and water will not be available at the spots, you must bring your own.

Items to be auctioned so far:
BillyStix Custom Fishing Rod
Offshore Fishing Trip for 4
Goose Hunt for 2
Season tickets to the Lafayette Wildcatters (semi-pro football team)
Yeti Cooler (70 quart)
Yeti Cooler full of cut and packed meat
Saints/Hornets/LSU autographed memoribilia
Stainless Steel Gas Fryer
Yankee Tickets + flight for 2 to a game next season
IceGator "On Ice" Seats for 4
Old 10-20-2009, 07:59 AM
Swordfish

I just got off the phone with eman, we decided that we will enter 3 or more categories so it will be $100 or $25 per person if we can get 4 people to get on the team with us. Yack'em and Meaux, are ya'll still in?

We need to get the ball rolling on this so if somebody wants to get on a team let me know. We don't have to make just one team, we can do 2 teams or more if needed.

This will be a very fun day and we will definately get the SaltyCajun and also the BillyStix names out there.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default Tipper Fund raiser

All Right ,
I been waiting for some of the west side boys to step up!
I know it's duck season and i know it's deer season and i know most of us have familys. But this is a great cause for the site and everyone here on it to get behind.
Besides, Wouldn't you want folks to step up for you if you or one of your family was in this position???
COME ON GUYS, All we are asking is one day of your time. (and a lil $$$ for the cause).
If you can't cook ( or don't want to ), fine . come out w/ your family and support the cause , the site and the salty cajun cooking crew.
we need at least 4 if not 5 on the cooking crew. Right now i am only sure of 2.
we have plenty of pork and deer meat but if someone can get us some beef and/or seafood donated It would be appreciated and not knock such a deep hole in our wallets.
So far the only thing we are sure of is the pork dish we are doing.
with such a short time frame to cook , we will probably precook all the beef and pork and???. Seafood and( any other) can probably be cooked on site.
In the infamous words of Gov. Long: CAN YA HEP ME???
Old 10-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Swordfish

Thanks eman, I posted out of despair a couple of times and felt like I was since I wouldn't get any responses. Hopefully we can get some of these guys to step up and either join the team or at least maybe help out with donations. Remember, any kind of donations will be accepted, nothing will be turned down. If you somebody that can get a good deal on something we may need either for the cooking team or for the fundraiser itself please let me know, it doesn't matter if it's a case of bottled water or some plates to serve the food in.