SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Just received the email with link to pay today. Not sure how much time it takes from here. Will update.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:50 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I hope all y'all support Constitutional carry!
Old 01-28-2016, 06:25 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
The only way I would support that is if you still have to take that training course. I'm OK with doing away with the current permit, but I think you should still have to be in possession of something that says you completed a training and the instructor has signed off on it. My parents both have concealed carry permits and said they've seen people in the classes that, well, I wouldn't feel comfortable with them carrying a concealed weapon of they had not taken the class. There still needs to be some form of safety taught if people are going to carry.

I think that goes for any gun carried, whether concealed or open. Just because a person owns a gun doesn't mean they know how to use it safely. Didn't a football player shoot himself in the leg when his gun discharged accidentally?

And for what it's worth, since I'm saying this, I have taken firearm safety classes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2016, 08:16 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
The only way I would support that is if you still have to take that training course. I'm OK with doing away with the current permit, but I think you should still have to be in possession of something that says you completed a training and the instructor has signed off on it. My parents both have concealed carry permits and said they've seen people in the classes that, well, I wouldn't feel comfortable with them carrying a concealed weapon of they had not taken the class. There still needs to be some form of safety taught if people are going to carry.

I think that goes for any gun carried, whether concealed or open. Just because a person owns a gun doesn't mean they know how to use it safely. Didn't a football player shoot himself in the leg when his gun discharged accidentally?

And for what it's worth, since I'm saying this, I have taken firearm safety classes.

I'll support mandatory safety courses to exercise the RKBA right after we implement passing mandatory civics for exercising the right to vote.

Abuse of the right to vote has caused and will cause much more harm than abuse of the RKBA.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:06 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I'll support mandatory safety courses to exercise the RKBA right after we implement passing mandatory civics for exercising the right to vote.

Abuse of the right to vote has caused and will cause much more harm than abuse of the RKBA.
Ha, you could find people on both sides of the aisle that don't know crap about civics. And isn't that a requirement in high school? I know I took civics and free enterprise, and you have to pass both in order to graduate. At least I did.

Half the politicians in this country seemingly do not understand civics.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:07 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
I'll support it if it's nation wide. A state by state Constitutional carry does nothing for those that travel and still wish to conceal. Once a state removes the permitting process, they give up reciprocity with the states they had it with. I'm not saying we shouldn't have Constitutional carry. I'm just saying make it the law of the land.... The way it was intended to be.

As far as a mandated safety course, Hell no. I'll agree with highly recommended, but not mandated. We are mandated too much as it is.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:25 AM
King Mackeral

So I'm assuming by the use of the term "Constitutional Carry", the founding fathers were supportive of concealed carry?

Strange if you ask me. Why the hell would they need to conceal a gun? Maybe if they were out on some "secret mission" against the Red Coats?

Seriously, there are enough stupid people that are careless with guns. I don't want some idiot carrying a gun, unbeknownst to me, that doesn't have a freaking clue how to use it. And judging by the number of stories that come out about some kid getting a hold of daddies gun that wasn't locked up, or some trigger happy idiot (I'm not talking about those cops either), I think it's a good idea to have some form of firearm training.

Then again, hunter safety is required of all hunters, and look how many morons don't identify their target before shooting.

I'm all for smart gun ownership. It's the stupid people that own guns that concerns me. And our population seems to be growing increasingly stupid.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:17 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

It's my right to ba able to hunt. Why do they make me take hunters safety. I can open carry without a safety course but can't shoot a deer on my property without a safety course?
Old 01-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Ling

Quote:
So I'm assuming by the use of the term "Constitutional Carry", the founding fathers were supportive of concealed carry?
Constitutional Carry is not specific to concealed carrying. It also covers open carry. There are states that still do not allow the open carrying of firearms. Constitutional carry would give citizens the ability to carry in any manner they choose.

Quote:
Strange if you ask me. Why the hell would they need to conceal a gun? Maybe if they were out on some "secret mission" against the Red Coats?

Not really sure what your point is here..... Because our Founding Fathers, in your opinion, might not have needed to conceal carry, all concealed carry should be banned?
Old 01-28-2016, 12:09 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Not really sure what your point is here..... Because our Founding Fathers, in your opinion, might not have needed to conceal carry, all concealed carry should be banned?
Nah, just being a smart *** really. "Constitutional Carry" makes it sound as if it was some ideal of the Founding Fathers, the guys that wrote the Constitution.

I'm all for the right to bear arms. But I think it should be in a responsible way. And some people just can't be responsible with guns. There isn't a single person I know that has as concealed carry that I don't trust. I can think of a lot of people I know or have known that would make me extremely nervous knowing they could carry a concealed gun on their body LEGALLY with no training.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:53 PM
Ling

Quote:
Nah, just being a smart *** really. "Constitutional Carry" makes it sound as if it was some ideal of the Founding Fathers, the guys that wrote the Constitution.

I'm all for the right to bear arms. But I think it should be in a responsible way. And some people just can't be responsible with guns. There isn't a single person I know that has as concealed carry that I don't trust. I can think of a lot of people I know or have known that would make me extremely nervous knowing they could carry a concealed gun on their body LEGALLY with no training.

Gotcha. I suck at recognizing sarcasm online.

I think everyone agrees that if someone decides to carry a firearm, they should do so responsibly. I just don't agree with the government mandating it. Let's all be honest.... The majority of conceal carry classes are a joke. You learn the laws (and hopefully the correct laws) of carrying. You don't get much in the way of HOW to carry or what to do if the situation ever arises that you need to actually use it. I recognized that in both courses I sat through and took the initiative to find classes dealing with the actual use of my firearm. Most people won't. Not to mention that the classes aren't cheap after you figure in the course fee, ammo, and travel. I wouldn't be opposed to the government offering some sort of tax credit to incentivize people to take these courses. Just as long as they aren't mandating it.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:01 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I'll support it if it's nation wide. A state by state Constitutional carry does nothing for those that travel and still wish to conceal. Once a state removes the permitting process, they give up reciprocity with the states they had it with. I'm not saying we shouldn't have Constitutional carry. I'm just saying make it the law of the land.... The way it was intended to be.

As far as a mandated safety course, Hell no. I'll agree with highly recommended, but not mandated. We are mandated too much as it is.
See: http://www.americas1stfreedom.org/ar...rry-amendment/

The Constitutional carry amendment currently under discussion in Louisiana would remove the requirement for a permit in Louisiana, but it would not remove the availability of permits or the process for those who wish to have a LA permit to allow them to carry legally in states with which LA has reciprocity.

The right of each citizen to keep and bear arms includes the right to possess a concealed handgun without the necessity of obtaining a permit or license, unless the person is prohibited from possessing a firearm under the laws of Louisiana or the laws of the United States.