SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

alot of you all know me . met me. Fished with me, I'm not the thug like what you see on TV. . Im Great guy awesome dad. Etc.

But The 1 thing you all will never understand or experience is the color my skin and how I'm looked at regardless of how good i am, dad, loves his kid fishing, working hard etc.

If you keep it simple and look at it that way youll understand but at the end of the day you can't that a fact. I'd say.... but carry one...

True story.

I'm a cop I was at work and in class C uniform and someone ( driver on the interstate) called the cops on me , Said there is a black man holding a gun... (Holstered gun) on the interstate.
I was at work watching inmates cut grass on the over pass.
Luckily I had a radio and was able to cancel every body buy by the time I noticed what was happening. They had 4 cops approaching me.

What you think about this
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2016, 11:55 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
alot of you all know me . met me. Fished with me, I'm not the thug like what you see on TV. . Im Great guy awesome dad. Etc.

But The 1 thing you all will never understand or experience is the color my skin and how I'm looked at regardless of how good i am, dad, loves his kid fishing, working hard etc.

If you keep it simple and look at it that way youll understand but at the end of the day you can't that a fact. I'd say.... but carry one...

True story.

I'm a cop I was at work and in class C uniform and someone ( driver on the interstate) called the cops on me , Said there is a black man holding a gun... (Holstered gun) on the interstate.
Luckily I had a radio and was able to cancel every body buy by the time I noticed what was happening. They had 4 cops approaching me.

we can see from your perspective you are right about that, but lets say you were not a cop, say you were just the regular upstanding citizen you are, if the cops were called on you and you had a gun the cops tell you get on the ground, what do you do, tell them no and fuss with them? or get on the ground?
Old 07-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Sailfish

Get on the ground.....

Old 07-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
Southwest Louisiana(Lake Charles and Sulphur in particular) is approving and building more and more"affordable housing"(formerly known as the projects) every day. The reason given is these people need somewhere to live. Well IMHO if you build it they will come and they are. Our local leaders seem intent on cutting our own community's throat.... I just don't get it, these leaders are from this area but don't seem to care that they are ruining it forever.
Same thing in Alexandria. When I said small town I meant small. Unfortunately I work in Alexandria but I refuse to live there. My little town has less than 500 people and if you don't know the person next to you at the store you can bet your dad knows his dad. Lots of good places like that with good people like that all over our state. We just have to deal with the rest of the crap.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:05 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633

Quote:
Get on the ground.....

Exactly, you cant look at it from his perspective cause you were cut from a different cloth, and none of us can
Old 07-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

@Alphaman

You or anyone like you will NEVER be shot by police. Of this I am 99.999999% certain
Old 07-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Sailfish

True. Lol BC im not doing stupid sheet. Lol

Old 07-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

@Alphaman

As a LEO what is your professional opinion on the BR shooting after watching the two videos that have come out? I know ya'll have to make spilt second life and death decisions, do you think the guy was reaching for his gun? Would you have done the same in that situation or no?
Old 07-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Sailfish

Quote:

True story.

Never met you but from what I know about you on here you are a great guy. Not saying it did or didn't have anything to do with the color of your skin but there is a lot of stupid, scared people out there when guns are involved. I've run into a few myself.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:

True story.

Was waiting for you to post..............you are correct, we cannot understand it.........period............that also means to some extent we cannot be the ones solely responsible for fixing it either.

You and our other non Caucasian friends here are treated with the utmost respect the you damn well have earned and deserve. I am often jealous of your and C's post.

A guy like this Sterling guy is the one that tarnishes all the great people of color who honor and respect themselves, their freedom and their fellow man.

When we see "Black lives matter" running around with their pants on the ground, bottle of Vodka in their hand, laughing and living a party at the expense of a dead man, we don't understand.

When the leaders of the black community take "lead" as opposed to taking advantage of a tragedy they will get listened to and respected.

Soooooo many people exploit this for their own accord, having no real agenda or care in the world about the person.

While NO ONE deserves to be shot down for no cause, No one should get a free pass on a life time of poor, stupid and down right selfish decision making.

HE put himself in that situation when one, he had a gun as a habitual convicted felon, he pointed that gun a innocent people, and three he fought the law over standing down and paying the price for yet another stupid decision.

I feel for ALL of our community, all races, all social economic states, and genders and all sexual preferences.

We have allowed our politicians to absolutely corrupt generations of young people.

convincing them there is boogie man out to get them.

My grandfathers generation taught us indeed there was a boogie man..........and that boogie man is you/me.ourselves

Today everyone is looking for an excuse to be a moron. Situational ethics and situational morality...........

You want social justice?? Demand social responsibility.

None of this is directed at you personally as I know your thoughts are genuine as well.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Sailfish

The cop that shot the guy was wasn't able to think under obviously. And his emotion caused him to pull the trigger. I don't think it was intentional. But his emotions controlled his action. The vet said f**k after the shots where fired.

how can this man possible maneuver his right arm to grab a gun that's in his right pocket with 2, 200 plus lb cops on top of him. One kneeling on one arm and a other on top of him.

I think the cop that shot him is younger than the one laying on his back after the shots.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Ling

and one thing more..............I further admire the hell out of you for trusting enough in this group of guys to come here and post.............

You are the real deal..........
Old 07-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Ling

Quote:
The cop that shot the guy was wasn't able to think under obviously. And his emotion caused him to pull the trigger. I don't think it was intentional. But his emotions controlled his action. The vet said f**k after the shots where fired.

how can this man possible maneuver his right arm to grab a gun that's in his right pocket with 2, 200 plus lb cops on top of him. One kneeling on one arm and a other on top of him.

I think the cop that shot him is younger than the one laying on his back after the shots.

pretty much how I saw it to..............

so now we have one man dead because of his own stupid actions and multiple lives ruined because of his stupid actions
Old 07-07-2016, 12:33 PM
Sailfish

This is a problem in the low income communities.....its just like the way this horse is thinking he can't go anywhere but you can. And the gov. Helps with making that a reality..

Old 07-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
we can see from your perspective you are right about that, but lets say you were not a cop, say you were just the regular upstanding citizen you are, if the cops were called on you and you had a gun the cops tell you get on the ground, what do you do, tell them no and fuss with them? or get on the ground?
I've had many encounters with LE while packing. I open carry so it's obvious to a trained eye. Rarely am I questioned about it and when I am I make it clear that I'm not a threat. When you're carrying a gun your body language will tell LE more than what you speak. It's really simple. Hands out front be respectful and if asked for ID ask the officer to remove your wallet from your back pocket. Especially if its on your gun side. He is nervous too and wants to go home to his family. Think and it will be a smooth event for both.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Ling

Quote:
This is a problem in the low income communities.....its just like the way this horse is thinking he can't go anywhere but you can. And the gov. Helps with making that a reality..

spot on my brother
Old 07-07-2016, 01:13 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Having legally carried for many years some close relatives and I have had a number of occasions for interactions with law enforcement while armed. Most have been positive with good LEOs who appreciated and were committed to honoring RKBA with a few notable exceptions.

The exceptions tend to occur when the government employee does not really completely trust citizens with guns or some other factor tips the balance from what should be a respectful interaction into something less positive. As far as we can tell here are some things that tip interactions to the negative:

1. The gov't employee just does not trust citizens, even law abiding citizens, with guns.

Sometimes this is less obvious until they encounter a citizen with a configuration of legal guns of which they are more suspicious, such as an AR style. We've encountered it most often when the second lawfully carried pistol brings the grief. Hint: Answering the question, "Why do you need two guns?" with "For the same reason you do." Is not always the best plan.

2. The gov't employee or a buddy has an agenda.

A close family member started a new gun range near some land owned by the family of a local LEO who perceived their property values to be significantly decreased. Everything was legal, but the neighbors set out to harass him in person after their efforts with the zoning board and the local prosecutor failed.

3. Some member of the community has made an exaggerated report.

It is unclear why gov't employees place so much more trust in those making anonymous reports than in property owners, drivers, and CHL holders even after they know the property owner, driver, and/or CHL holder is law abiding.

All in all, our experience is that gov't employees more accustomed to rural areas are more comfortable with guns and less likely to infer that a report of a "man with a gun" or "shots fired" means that some kind of criminal activity is occurring. Wildlife officers tend to be the best, followed by deputies of rural agencies. The closer you get to urban areas, the worse it gets.

Other than long hair, lots of guns, and (sometimes) a hispanic appearance, our family does not tend to have actions or appearances that tend to suggest drug use or other criminal activities, so I'm not sure how tatoos, bling, a meth head appearance, slurred speech, or simply being black would further complicate interactions with law enforcement while armed.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Ling

It is unclear why gov't employees place so much more trust in those making anonymous reports than in property owners, drivers, and CHL holders even after they know the property owner, driver, and/or CHL holder is law abiding.

Fear.............of the lawyers if things are not folllowed up on and turn bad.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:

They(people that use government assistance as a career path) ALLOW the government to make that a reality. Pardon the pun here but...no one is forcing them at gun point to take that assistance. They seek it out.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Sailfish

Yes they seek it out. But I think you missing my point. If a person can change they way they think. They can do better. Is what I'm saying. But by the government giving its not helping a person become better