SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-21-2018, 06:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939
Default V Bay 10-20-18

made a trip with Pop hoping for some fish. bypassed the cove due to the number of boats. hit weeks and found the tide dropping hard and quit around 9:30.

we managed 4 reds before the tide stopped and ended up with 4 trout. I missed at least 5 due tot the way they were biting, very soft... they ould grab the tail of my jig or they would pick it up and i wouldnt feel it, just felt heavy. it was a tough bite. Pop got a red and spec in the oat so we were happy. we had a good time.

how did yall do?
Old 10-21-2018, 08:42 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 9,560

Headed out in the morning. I guess we’ll try cove and hammock. Was anyone doing well in the cove?
Old 10-22-2018, 09:56 AM
Red Snapper

The cove would have been tough with all of the boats we saw there Saturday.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:54 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,213

I watched 60-70 boats head to the hammock Saturday morning.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:16 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress21 View Post
I watched 60-70 boats head to the hammock Saturday morning.
What area of the hammock do ppl usually catch trout? Is it the lil hammock lake or is there another area? Thanks
Old 10-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Redfish

Can’t answer that one. Never fished it
Old 10-22-2018, 02:10 PM
Redfish

Cash: 864

With that many boats, just head that way and you will get a good idea.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:14 PM
Redfish

Weeks bay has a good bit of trout in it. FYI
Old 10-23-2018, 09:38 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,000

Went Friday. The trout are there. The boats are there. Caught 12 trout and 1 red. Cove is a madhouse. Hammock will be too I see..but its late October. Go on a weekday. Cant imagine going out on Saturday this time of year.

Last edited by revspiggles; 10-23-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:58 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

be sure to post up on facebook, twitter, and whatever social media you go on that the trout and reds are jumping in the boat in the cove, hammock, and trashpile.

don't forget to post a video of people smoking the catfish in delacame canal too.

lol, I've never seen the level of stupid out there before. Good Luck!!!
Old 10-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,668

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopete View Post
be sure to post up on facebook, twitter, and whatever social media you go on that the trout and reds are jumping in the boat in the cove, hammock, and trashpile.

don't forget to post a video of people smoking the catfish in delacame canal too.

lol, I've never seen the level of stupid out there before. Good Luck!!!
lol
Old 10-24-2018, 01:07 PM
Redfish

ARe you talking to me? or randomly putting it out there. Its October. Everyone knows the trout are in. If all you fish are the cove and the docks or the trashpile or hammock then you have the right to get mad at the "community holes." There are 30-40 spots in that area that all hold fish. No one is talking about holes, flats, or rubbish piles that are found through hard work and trial and error. But this is fishing reports site. So since I get to go out 1x a week maybe if lucky for 3-5 times in the fall. I want to know if people are catching and do it. There will be 50 boats cuz its the fall. ITs not a secret. Dont be a jerk and try to hog all of your community holes. If I caught my limit and Im leaving and a guy is going out,I'll tell them to hit that spot with what lure, so he has luck. That guy is taking off work too or using a time away from family or with family/friends. Do I share my secret spots, no? but I also dont only go out at dawn to leave for 10. Fish bite all day during tidal movement. A fisherman will catch fish if there are 0 or 50 people out. I dont like fishing the cove cuz its being covered. So I go to my spots, share knowledge with friends and bring home fish.

But I agree the stupid is out there. Especially the etiquette level. Avoid those jackos and its a great day in the water. Limited or came close the last 3 times I went out but worked for it.

But yes I will report on here each time I go out and make friends since when I started 8 years ago on the bay it was folks on here whom I learned from to learn the area and get me started. Especially since I only get to fish 8-10 a year if I am lucky. Anyways. Plenty of fish to share. Man the whole, "dont tell anyone that known community holes have fish" is just dumb.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:11 PM
Redfish

Well said!!!
Old 10-24-2018, 04:21 PM
Redfish

I'll be out friday in the 18 cape horn if anyone else is going and wants to trade info while we are out there....I'll be at my first spot before dawn (to beat the boats) where I caught last week. 3378310639 text me if you are out there.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:47 PM
Red Snapper

Good luck Revs, I will be out there Saturday. I will start to burn vacation days shortly so I can go during the week.

Almost 600 views and 13 responses, thanks to those that have replied.

Believe it or not the guides watch facebook as well.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:19 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,668

I share info as well, I don't post as much as I used to but you're correct I was over in weeks and had a guy I know well 15' away I had 15 he had 1... I told him laughing "you can lead a horse to water but..."
Old 10-25-2018, 11:23 AM
Tripletail

We’re gonna be out there Saturday to see what we can find. I prefer weekdays but that wasn’t an option this week.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:17 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

Quote:
Originally Posted by revspiggles View Post
ARe you talking to me? or randomly putting it out there. Its October. Everyone knows the trout are in. If all you fish are the cove and the docks or the trashpile or hammock then you have the right to get mad at the "community holes." There are 30-40 spots in that area that all hold fish. No one is talking about holes, flats, or rubbish piles that are found through hard work and trial and error. But this is fishing reports site. So since I get to go out 1x a week maybe if lucky for 3-5 times in the fall. I want to know if people are catching and do it. There will be 50 boats cuz its the fall. ITs not a secret. Dont be a jerk and try to hog all of your community holes. If I caught my limit and Im leaving and a guy is going out,I'll tell them to hit that spot with what lure, so he has luck. That guy is taking off work too or using a time away from family or with family/friends. Do I share my secret spots, no? but I also dont only go out at dawn to leave for 10. Fish bite all day during tidal movement. A fisherman will catch fish if there are 0 or 50 people out. I dont like fishing the cove cuz its being covered. So I go to my spots, share knowledge with friends and bring home fish.

But I agree the stupid is out there. Especially the etiquette level. Avoid those jackos and its a great day in the water. Limited or came close the last 3 times I went out but worked for it.

But yes I will report on here each time I go out and make friends since when I started 8 years ago on the bay it was folks on here whom I learned from to learn the area and get me started. Especially since I only get to fish 8-10 a year if I am lucky. Anyways. Plenty of fish to share. Man the whole, "dont tell anyone that known community holes have fish" is just dumb.
actually, I wasn't talking to you, but after your post, I guess I am.
people like you, who yap to everybody who will listen about where u caught some fish ruin those spots forever. just because you only fish a few times a year, doesn't mean the scores of folks you talk to don't go every day and post it up all over social media, and so on until it becomes the cluster that it has become.

but, it's America, and you can go ruin whatever spots u want to if that's your thing. and i'm not directing that at you, but just in general.
when some democrat throws a rattletrap into my boat in the trashpile because he saw me catch a fish, I can't help but think how oblivious to reality some folks are. and it's folks that posted pics, gps#'s and told anybody who would listen where to go fish that created this. lol at one point, community holes weren't community holes till somebody ran dey mouth. lol

to me, that's just dumb to give away fishing spots because you never get them back. but whatever, enjoy the fishing season!!
Old 10-26-2018, 03:48 PM
Redfish

Bro. we are talking about community spots. you can learn about googling the main cypremort point fishing spots from a journalist on louisiana sportsmans or from a gps list you can buy. I don?t post online any spots i earned. But fishing report on a report site? What?s wrong with that. I never ruined a community spot. It?s a community spot as they always hold fish and everyone knows it. And I agree posting online that little flat or hole you found is dumb. But telling 2-3 of my friends who help
One another out is called fishing buddies. 2 different things. I haven?t seen anything outside of this site or Louisiana sportsman.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:10 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 508

very well said ---> "revspiggles" <--- (both replies)

I just moved to Youngsville and do very little salt water fishing except for some crabbing. BUT do fresh water fishing (sac-a-lait, bream etc...) and at the moment trying to learn the Henderson area. The "Crappie.com" forum Louisiana area section has been very helpful for me. The "Crappie.com" site people don't mind helping newbies and people who are not familiar with the area or giving a fishing report. Just a note ----> being out on the water is a great day for me -- catching fish is a bonus.

Last edited by zig zag; 10-27-2018 at 09:51 AM.