SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion > Hunting Reports

Hunting Reports Read and share your hunting reports here!

Old 11-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192
Default 2013 Delta Waterfowl Gulf Coast Chapter Youth Hunt

This past weekend we were able to have our 1st Annual Delta Waterfowl Gulf Coast Chapter Youth Hunt, as part of Delta's "First Hunt" program. We took 6 lucky kids whose names we drew at the banquet on a trip of a lifetime. Greg Stanley with Lacassane Lodge generously let us use their facility for the youth hunt. The Lodge went above and beyond our expectations with the hospitality.

Friday evening the kids began to show up with their chaperones. After some hors d'oeuvres and everyone was acquainted, we sat the kids down for a DW presentation, duck identification slideshow complete with lots of handouts for correct guess, hunting safety, and an amazing calling seminar by Kelly Haydel with Haydels game calls. We expected Kelly to bring a call for each kid. You should have seen the faces on these kids when he pulled out a bundle of lanyards that each had a mallard call, a teal call, a gray duck call, and a whistle! I would be a liar if I said I wasnt a little jealous that I didnt get a setup like that. Kelly gave the kids a step by step tutorial on blowing each call and also taught them calling techniques given various scenarios. I sat in awe at how well he works with the kids. Definitely a true professional. Thank you to Kelly and Haydels Calls for giving his time to be there. Unfortunately we did have to demand the kids put their calls up later that evening as most of the adults were getting head aches lol.

Dinner followed from the lodge chef, which included homemade fried chicken, mashed tators, greens, and green beans with a chaser of bread pudding. After dinner the kids played and ran around and got their gear ready to go the next morning. The hunters woke up to fresh biscuits from the chef as everyone made their way to the blind. Unfortunately I cant remember the guides's names but Greg and crew did a great job getting everyone safe to and from the blind and putting these kids on some birds.

They showed back up around 10 with their kills and most kids did well. There was one girl who hit a couple birds in the air but was unable to fold them for a recovery. One blind of 2 kids each shot a limit and each got one of a pair of specks. One speck was almost solid black. Both geese are being mounted for them by their chaperones. Nothing put smiles as you could see how proud they all were of their kills. After pictures and hunting stories a big traditional breakfast was served by the lodge chef Jacques.

Once again, we cant thank Lacassane Lodge enough for the effort that they put in to having us over this past weekend. Those are some stand-up guys out there and they are running a hell of an operation. I would definately recommend them if you are looking for a top-flight overnight hunting trip. Very nice facility.

I was glad to be a part of such a special weekend. The joy we gave these young hunters will be imprinted in my mid forever. And I have a feeling the kids will be talking about this weekend for a long time too.

I appologize for picture quality, my phone hasnt been coopering lately...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sc11.jpg (21.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg sc1.jpg (41.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg SC2.jpg (51.7 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg sc3.jpg (42.5 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg sc10.jpg (46.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg sc9.jpg (41.9 KB, 93 views)
Old 11-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Swordfish

ducks...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sc4.jpg (56.2 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg sc5.jpg (62.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg sc8.jpg (67.4 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0700.jpg (64.6 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg sc6.jpg (52.6 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg sc7.jpg (59.5 KB, 91 views)
Old 11-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Awesome. Kudos to yall
Old 11-05-2013, 10:22 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Man that's awesome! Great post and that's a great thing y'all did for the kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

Man that is awesome!! Great job to Bryan and Cory for giving their time for these youth to enjoy some great hunting!! Great job by Delta Waterfowl for putting this on!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Man that is awesome!! Great job to Bryan and Cory for giving their time for these youth to enjoy some great hunting!! Great job by Delta Waterfowl for putting this on!!
Also Jason and Jonathon!
Old 11-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

great job to everyone involved in setting this up... Cory your pics are terrible
Old 11-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Also Jason and Jonathon!
Yep stand up guys as well!!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 11-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Thank all of you who gave up their time and efforts towards this great project of introducing our youth to such a wonderful outdoor experience.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
great job to everyone involved in setting this up... Cory your pics are terrible
I dont know what happened, used to take fantastic pics now I cant get a good pic to save my life. Definitely dont want to attempt to soom on something
Old 11-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
I dont know what happened, used to take fantastic pics now I cant get a good pic to save my life. Definitely dont want to attempt to soom on something
Maybe there's a little scratch on the lens or something
Old 11-05-2013, 12:48 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Operator error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 11-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Great job for everyone involved putting this together. Nothing like seeing young ones in the outdoors enjoying what we have