SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:09 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I got about $1k in kids clothes, diapers, and toys headed east.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:18 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by latravcha View Post
Guys what I'm about to say will probably piss a lot of people off. Money is great but I feel that you can help a lot more by donating time. My family has already spent hundreds of dollars on cleaning supplies, personal hygiene products, and clothes to donate to our church. We have been slow at work so I took yesterday off and contacted 7 fiends that were able to do the same. We made some calls and were able to find someone whose house had flooded and the water was out of the house. We showed early yesterday morning and began taking everything out of the house and were able to strip all of the sheet rock out of the house. We finished up about 2:30pm. As we were leaving the neighborhood we noticed an older couple standing in their driveway and stopped and asked if they needed help. At first they were a little reluctant and said they could not pay. We explained that we did not want any money. Long story short by 7:30 we had everything out of the house and half of the sheet rock off of the walls. We explained that we could not finish today but some of us would be back in the morning. I was not able to make it back this morning because of work but some of the others did and I will be doing the same thing Friday and through the weekend. I would guess that 90% of the people that are on the page live less than 40 miles from areas that were impacted by the floods. Instead go going fishing or to the camp to get ready for hunting season this weekend think about those who are in need. Get some people together and go to an area that was flooded and find someone that needs help.

this is true, but some of us cant get off or live 6-8 hours away. i encorge any one that can to show up and help
Old 08-18-2016, 09:20 AM
Red Snapper

paypal is set up it is

Lafloodrelif@yahoo.com

would like to try and send this first to middle of next week
Old 08-18-2016, 10:45 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 462

Chipped in. Very easy to do!! Please help out if you can. Thanks to all of you volunteers out there helping. Wish I could be home to help out as well...
Old 08-18-2016, 11:38 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 4,409

Thanks for setting this up, Andy C. It's super easy to donate this way. Can you give us a progress report?
Old 08-18-2016, 12:06 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth View Post
My wife and I have nice (church / business casual) clothes we would like to donate. We live in Leesville. Anyone know where to bring them around our area so they'll go directly to flood victims?
Man I don't know about Leeseville but if you end up in Alexandria for any reason bring what you have to donate. Just drop it off at any Alexandria Fire Department. They are collecting goods to send south.
AFD and PFD have also sent two each of their swift water rescue swimmers down to help with rescues. God be with them. Be with all in this time.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 633

Chipped in as well as volunteering with church group.. C'mon guys, just donate something, even a dollar. It's going to a good cause. God Bless Louisiana!
Old 08-18-2016, 12:15 PM
Sailfish

We brought five or six bags of clothes the other day.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,905

Andy C,
Thanks for setting up Paypal. I too have contributed.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:19 PM
Red Snapper

370 so far. Plus the 500 I got yesterday from the people around here
Old 08-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by latravcha View Post
Guys what I'm about to say will probably piss a lot of people off. Money is great but I feel that you can help a lot more by donating time. My family has already spent hundreds of dollars on cleaning supplies, personal hygiene products, and clothes to donate to our church. We have been slow at work so I took yesterday off and contacted 7 fiends that were able to do the same. We made some calls and were able to find someone whose house had flooded and the water was out of the house. We showed early yesterday morning and began taking everything out of the house and were able to strip all of the sheet rock out of the house. We finished up about 2:30pm. As we were leaving the neighborhood we noticed an older couple standing in their driveway and stopped and asked if they needed help. At first they were a little reluctant and said they could not pay. We explained that we did not want any money. Long story short by 7:30 we had everything out of the house and half of the sheet rock off of the walls. We explained that we could not finish today but some of us would be back in the morning. I was not able to make it back this morning because of work but some of the others did and I will be doing the same thing Friday and through the weekend. I would guess that 90% of the people that are on the page live less than 40 miles from areas that were impacted by the floods. Instead go going fishing or to the camp to get ready for hunting season this weekend think about those who are in need. Get some people together and go to an area that was flooded and find someone that needs help.
Great post. Also for those of us with young boys. This is a great chance to show our children how to really give back and what it looks like to suffer. A great teaching moment for us fathers.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:44 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,189

Contribution sent, I was not able to send as much as I would like but I just spent a significant amount on supplies myself for my own trip I took over to Denham Springs to help.Good job putting this together Andy.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:36 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Thanks for putting this together. My sons are over there helping out. When I'm back in the States I'll be there as well.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:37 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

I've been collecting tips from my gigs as well as pay for the cause...it's not much, but it's what I can do...will send payment tomorrow after my show tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2016, 02:50 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I have Friends and family who were flooded so I'm helping them at a personal level...
Old 08-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Red Snapper

FlagUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I have Friends and family who were flooded so I'm helping them at a personal level...
That's what it's all about, Helping others!! Hope they're all safe!
Wish I lived closer so I could do more.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
That's what it's all about, Helping others!! Hope they're all safe!
Wish I lived closer so I could do more.
Yep. Just knowing you have a friend that cares.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:50 PM
Sailfish

I've only had the pleasure of spending time with Andy once but I'll tell you he has a huge heart. Took my wife and I in like we were family. That man is not a bullsh?ter and I'm proud to call him a friend.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:21 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 858

I just donated, Andy.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Great work Andy!!!