SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525
Hairout Need EVERYONE'S Advice please help

I had posted on this site back in October that the farmer I lease from had a couple of blinds available. I had several replies from interested parties and both blinds were leased. The individuals that leased one of the blinds have been great---no issues and really get along with everyone and are very sportsmanlike hunters. The other individual is where my search for advice stems from. I spoke on several occasions with these people and told them that the farmer didn't like people that created issues for other hunters in the area. I spoke with this person(referred to as "SPORT" for the remainder of this story) on several occasions and politely asked them to quit shooting at the ducks so high(50-60+yds) and to let them work in closer. "SPORT" was shooting into bunches the first pass at 50yds and maybe crippling 1 instead of waiting for them to get "right" and killing 4 or 5. "SPORT's" response was "how do you know they will come in?" I explained that you don't ever really know but they are coming and squating in my decoys (less than a mile from his) and we are killing multiple birds out of each bunch. I also tried to explain to "SPORT" that each bunch you shoot at will not come back to the field for the rest of the season and by shooting em high you are really just "educating" lots of birds. I tried to explain to "SPORT" that if he worked the birds in close (like most "HUNTERS" do) he would have better success and better hunts. He totally disregarded me and continued to shoot at anything that would pass within 60yds. I also had to explain to "SPORT" that I respected his calling of birds and didn't try to pull birds from him that he was trying to work and that his staying on his speck call while I had specks decoying was beginning to frustrate me and asked if he would show the same respect to me I was showing to him(this he did stop doing). Early last week one of my lease partners (with Hunting Fool as a guest) were in my blind hunting and witnessed first hand "SPORT" shooting at every bunch of geese that flew over them (100-150yds high) and in turned flared several bunches of ducks that were working our blind. I contacted "SPORT" thinking surely he wasn't there-to which I recieved a voice message from "SPORT" as follows: "yeah, we were hunting this morning. Shot at a bunch of geese high. It was fun. Hope we didn't mess yall up too bad." My level of frustration has reached a boiling point. Then to top it all off, on Christmas morning, they shot into several bunches of specks that were 100-150yds high while my partners were working ducks at our blind flaring several bunches. I gave my partner "SPORT's" cell number and he sent him a text (it read "you should stay home if you don't know how to hunt")to which "SPORT" responded by firing 3 shots in the direction of our blind and promptly left the field shooting several more times toward our blind as they walked out of the field. Now, I feel like I am the one responsible for "SPORT" being able to secure a lease and that a little bit of respect and sportsmanship go a long way. This farmer has recieved several complaints from other hunters on adjacent property owned by another farmer. This situation has caused some tension between me and the farmer which I have never had since I started hunting there in 1992. Please advise as to what I should do and what my next step should be as my attempts to be polite have not been taken seriously. Also, "SPORT" is a member of this site and out of respect I have not revealed his identity. PLEASE HELP.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

SPORT needs an a$# whipping. He would have learned not to shoot at someone on purpose who is holding a gun also. These people can shoot back.

I'm not a great hunter or fisherman by no means, I have alot to learn but if someone is trying to help you out, don't be a ***** to them. It is more than likely for your own good. shame on yall for not meeting him at the truck..
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946

I'd have to refund Half of sports money and part ways with him, no sense in letting him ruin the relationship you have with the farmer or for neighboring leases. There is really nothing else you can do in my opinion.
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

next year, lease his blind out to me. problem solved

until then not much you can do unless you want to kick him out and refund him the pro rated amount for the rest of the season
Old 12-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 919

get his add kicked out of the lease after this year and let me lease it he sounds like a worthless sob who doesn't deserve to hunt in a area around other Hunters sorry to hear about your problems there's plenty of good apples in this world and plenty of rotten one.And what.com you do with a bad apple?through it out
Old 12-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglaketiger View Post
I'd have to refund Half of sports money and part ways with him, no sense in letting him ruin the relationship you have with the farmer or for neighboring leases. There is really nothing else you can do in my opinion.
This.

Hard to believe someone could be so childish!!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
next year, lease his blind out to me. problem solved

until then not much you can do unless you want to kick him out and refund him the pro rated amount for the rest of the season
Exactly what I would do. If he throws a fit, get LDWF or a law agency involved. If he has fired shots in your direction intentionally, that is all the more reason you need to have him removed. Sad to see someone, especially from here, be such a fool!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

First the so called sport is a sorry pos and needs to be let off that lease and part ways with him. And i'm sorry, but if he would've shot my way i think i would have stomped a mud hole in his arse.
Great White

Cash: 1,902

It's ridiculous. I'm talking geese that would probably drop down with a few clucks, but instead he feels the need to sky blast them, short stopping them for working Cajun's blind. When my buddy said it was bad, I didn't think it was until I witnessed it. Out of the 7-9 flocks of geese, I seen them cripple 1 snow. Its unreal.
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Boy View Post
This.

Hard to believe someone could be so childish!!!!

X2
Old 12-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Blue Marlin

And also if he has to skybust then he obviously doesn't know how to hunt. This will make it's way to the gillnet for sure.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Nothin you can do if he isnt leasing from you. I imagine the land owner can do what he wants to the guy if complaints are high. Perhaps Sport will see this thread and decide to quit being a douche.

We face the same problem with a certain well know ex-politician "Sport" that always calls birds within a mile of him. Even when we have working our blind he is steady whalin on that goose call. Makes me want to punch him right in the suck hole.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Let's try and keep this out in the open. So keep it clean.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
let's try and keep this out in the open. So keep it clean.

i agree it's just frustrating to read something like this, and that a so called sportsman will act like this over a duck/goose.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525

I am just so shocked at this guys behaivior. I worked hard to build a relationship with the farmer and have never had issues. I haven't seen this type of stuff before except when I used to hunt in Sabine 20 yrs ago. I just don't understand.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Swordfish

Hunting Discussion: Hunting Etiquette - SaltyCajun.com

Here is my rant from last season.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunsorc View Post
i am just so shocked at this guys behaivior. I worked hard to build a relationship with the farmer and have never had issues. I haven't seen this type of stuff before except when i used to hunt in sabine 20 yrs ago. I just don't understand.

it takes all kinds to make the world go round
Old 12-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunsorc View Post
I am just so shocked at this guys behaivior. I worked hard to build a relationship with the farmer and have never had issues. I haven't seen this type of stuff before except when I used to hunt in Sabine 20 yrs ago. I just don't understand.
This guy must have grown up learning how to hunt in Laccassine Reserve lol
Old 12-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
This guy must have grown up learning how to hunt in Laccassine Reserve lol

LOL!!!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,334

Think you should probably just ignore him for rest of season. Don't fuel the fire by confronting him. Obviously he has taken it as insult.

Also, if you can see him firing shots in your direction.... the blinds are waaaay tooooo close. Seems like farmer has too many blinds leased out.

Just my 2 cents
Closed Thread