SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,100
Default run to the boats 6/11/09

If anyone is interested, Reel Blessed from 2cool and I are running to Lake Charles this Thurday (6/11/09) for the day. Leaving TX about 8 AM and should return by 5 PM or so. We'll should be at the Isle of Capri.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjoker View Post
If anyone is interested, Reel Blessed from 2cool and I are running to Lake Charles this Thurday (6/11/09) for the day. Leaving TX about 8 AM and should return by 5 PM or so. We'll should be at the Isle of Capri.
That's cuz texass Tech isn't in the SEC!!!! and you cant deny that the SEC is the toughest conf. in the nation.Who do Ya'll play? I bet Vanderbilt cudda beat TT last year
Old 06-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Trophy Trout

You need to stay out of the sun for a long while. Besides, what does Texas Tech have to do with going to the boats?
Old 06-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Flounder

Cash: 650

Quote:
You need to stay out of the sun for a long while. Besides, what does Texas Tech have to do with going to the boats?
thats what i was wondering to.....
Old 06-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946

Well, we'll see just how tough TT is this year after loosing Graham and Craptree in the same year! With all the talent TT had last year and ya'll still couldn't get it done in your conferance play, then a SEC school drummed ya'll in the bowl game. We lost our QB last year and we struggled, lost some close ones to some top ranked teams and got drummed by two national contenders, we finished strong with a thumping of a good Georgia Tech team. . This year with jefferson and 5 star all world, russell sheppard, who we stole from TEXAS, we should be right back in the mix of the Mythical National Championship (BCS)! But, until we get some kind of playoff system, we will all keep on singing the same ole song and dance.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Banned

you playing hold em on the boat to the left?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Trophy Trout

nah, I usually stick to blackjack or let it ride
Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglaketiger View Post
Well, we'll see just how tough TT is this year after loosing Graham and Craptree in the same year! With all the talent TT had last year and ya'll still couldn't get it done in your conferance play, then a SEC school drummed ya'll in the bowl game. We lost our QB last year and we struggled, lost some close ones to some top ranked teams and got drummed by two national contenders, we finished strong with a thumping of a good Georgia Tech team. . This year with jefferson and 5 star all world, russell sheppard, who we stole from TEXAS, we should be right back in the mix of the Mythical National Championship (BCS)! But, until we get some kind of playoff system, we will all keep on singing the same ole song and dance.

Chuck, my apologies for the hijackin'.

I would like to make a comment or two.

"With all the talent TT had last year and ya'll still couldn't get it done in your conferance play, then a SEC school drummed ya'll in the bowl game."

Tech played in the toughest conference in college football last year. Their only loss was at Oklahoma. They beat Texas, a team that should have played for the national title. Let's not forget....that same "SEC school" "drummed" LSU in Tiger Stadium.

"We lost our QB last year and we struggled, lost some close ones to some top ranked teams and got drummed by two national contenders"

I'm assumin' you're talkin' about Perrilloux? Don't make it sound like he got hurt in pre-season or something like that. He was a head case...plain and simple. Even with the indecision at quarterback, LSU was ranked #7 in the polls after the first game of the season. They lost to unranked Arkansas, lost at home to Alabama, and got drilled by UGA, Florida and Old Piss. Where are the close losses to some top-ranked teams and who is the other national contender? I pray it ain't Bammer.

"This year with jefferson and 5 star all world, russell sheppard, who we stole from TEXAS"

Yeah, five-star high school All-World, Russell Shepard. Let's not forget what a phenom Perrilloux was coming out of high school. Mack Brown is certainly glad that LSU stole him from Texas.

"we should be right back in the mix of the Mythical National Championship (BCS)!"

Chad, this almost sounds like something "W" would post. I'll admit that, by LSU standards, last year was bad. Fact is, though...they were supposed to be good! It would have been interesting to see how Tech's offense would have done against the 98th ranked pass defense in the country.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Just defending my Tigers, I LOOK through Purple and Gold glasses...didn't mean anything by it...was just saying that we lost our starting QB, and yeah he was a head case, that's why Miles took one for the team, the school should ALWAYS be bigger than the player...and by the standards we play by the Gumps were the voters #1 at the time we played them, and both Georgia and Florida were contenders with Florida taking it all....it's all really a mute point, it's a 12 game playoff system we have and every game matters...TT doesn't play NEAR a schedule any SEC team plays but they do play within the system we have....Was actually tickled to death when TT beat the horns....
Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Where did LSU finish this past season? Were they even in the Top 25?

didn't realize this was his sig....Sorry for the attack, But hey, I'm a Tiger and when i saw that i got all flared up! lol...That's what makes college football what it is...folks like us have a passion for our teams we support, The NFL can only dream to get that kind of passion.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglaketiger View Post
Where did LSU finish this past season? Were they even in the Top 25?

didn't realize this was his sig....Sorry for the attack, But hey, I'm a Tiger and when i saw that i got all flared up! lol...That's what makes college football what it is...folks like us have a passion for our teams we support, The NFL can only dream to get that kind of passion.

Now that we all agree that LSUcks...Chucky, you can have your thread back.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Trophy Trout

Hey now! Trying to be nice here!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Great White

You goin' to watch them Tigers? I neighbor is leaving tomorrow. He hund an LSU banner in my yard.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Now that we all agree that LSUcks...Chucky, you can have your thread back.

LSU will beat the piss out of OU and Texas!!! Big 12 is Weak!!! Salty Dont bring it!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Trophy Trout

Would love to but can't get away for as long as the series last...we debated on if we should go for the opening weekend or wait till the end, so we decided when they make it to the championship series we plan on pulling our RV up there for the best 2 out of 3...that starts the 22 -24th...
Old 06-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
You goin' to watch them Tigers? I neighbor is leaving tomorrow. He hund an LSU banner in my yard.

Salty Get off them PILLS...You cant spell good are make since???
Old 06-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
LSU will beat the piss out of OU and Texas!!! Big 12 is Weak!!! Salty Dont bring it!!!!

I'm bringin' it next week to Big Lake. Get ready!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Trophy Trout

LSU will be lucky to have an even season this year!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952
Default new

Quote:
LSU will be lucky to have an even season this year!
The "NEW" most rediculous post.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Trophy Trout

If they are over .500, that means they stacked their schedule with a bunch of panzy teams at the beginning of the year. Oh, wait... they already did!