SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Flounder

Cash: 855
Default Bay St. Louis / LA Marsh Area

Last weekend I was in Bay St. Louis, MS (at my dad's house) for Father's Day. My wife and I attempted to go out fishing early Sunday morning, but it was really rough and she's 30 weeks pregnant and SHE called an audible (I couldn't argue with the logic, but I still was not happy about it). We stuck around the bay area at an artificial reef and caught 3 sharks before we headed in.

Okay, so I'm heading back to Bay St. Louis this weekend for a "Baby Bump" photo shoot and we are bringing a few friends this time. If its not rough, we will all be fishing and happy-happy. But even if it is rough, I HAVE PERMISSION to go fishing and she will stay behind!!!
(My boat is at the dealership in Waveland, MS getting serviced and also getting a custom cover made. Unfortunately, it needs to be custom because of all the extras added to this boat...top control station, t-top, antennas. I'm praying it turns out good!)

SO..............Anyone know of any good hot spots in that area. I will probably head to the LA marshes for some trout and/or redfish, and I would love nothing more than to come back to the house will a YETI full of "whatever"!
If anyone knows any good hot spots right now, I'm all ears.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avenger2.jpg (54.1 KB, 166 views)
Old 06-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

is that the old John Pabst boats?

she sure is purdy
Old 06-17-2014, 05:09 PM
Redfish

Cash: 888

Heron bay is south of bay st.louis is a good trout hole. The old channel lights are good. They call one he birdcage. They are in about 12 ft of water and she'll Bolton around the base of the lights. Around cat island isn't bad. Louisiana marsh is good, but can get shallow quick in areas. There are some small marsh islands just south of bay St. Louis that always produced trout for me
Old 06-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
is that the old John Pabst boats?

she sure is purdy
I think John Pabst quit making them in 2012 due to his health reasons. Mine is a 2013. I had heard had sold everything to Mike Butler to make, but I met Mike a few weeks ago and he told me he didn't make mine. (Mike Butler owns Venice Marina. I met him at the Ragin Cajun Baseball Regionals... his son was the phenomenal RF for the Cajun baseball team the last few years...Dylan Butler). I'm pretty sure they are still "finished" in Louisiana, I just don't know by who.
Fantastic Boat, though!
Old 06-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by leblanc272 View Post
Heron bay is south of bay st.louis is a good trout hole. The old channel lights are good. They call one he birdcage. They are in about 12 ft of water and she'll Bolton around the base of the lights. Around cat island isn't bad. Louisiana marsh is good, but can get shallow quick in areas. There are some small marsh islands just south of bay St. Louis that always produced trout for me
I think I am going to hit as many places as possible in the two days. Hopefully I'll find a spot that no one recommends and then I'll recommend it...LOL!
Old 06-17-2014, 08:58 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Thats a nice looking sled....you need a shed not a cover ....
Old 06-17-2014, 09:19 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Launch by the Silver Slipper and fish the marsh around Bayou Caddy for reds.