SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103
Default Wounded War Hero Fishing

Back in January, a good friend Mark Richards let me in on a fishing deal that I jumped all over, was able to participate and donate a trip to the Wounded War Heros. I called Tony Fontenot and he put me on the list, sure glad I did.
Both my passengers were vets husband and wife, Army, and I was in the Navy so lots of trash talking occurred.
Our morning started with a scratch at the first stop, but there were dolphins, so they enjoyed watching them. Second stop it was on, after about 20 the bite fizzled, moved over to a reef, first cast back on, then it fizzled, we were up to about 45 fish. Third stop, nothing, then found the mother load, however mostly school trout, too many throw backs. We were up to around 65 in the box. Went east, and found a few more, was steady bite, to finish off the day 100 in the box. Fish wanted slow on bottom, double rigged and cork, all fish in Matrix shad, Midnight mullet, Ultra Violet, Tiger and Lemon Head.
When we finished up the day, fish wanted the cork just sitting, most were caught in 1-3 foot of water.
My son used the excuse that is was his birthday on Sunday, so he needed to deck hand and while we were down, he wanted to fish Sunday as well, not as productive, but I wanted to be back in New Iberia by 1:00 to get some rest.
Overall, 117 hit the box this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0657.jpg (65.6 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0661.jpg (55.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0662.jpg (63.5 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0664.jpg (52.1 KB, 74 views)