SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
The same argument can be made for alcohol. How many have started off with just that first beer, then moved to getting all boggered up on the weekends, and ended up being a non-productive drunk. At the end of the day, you cannot legislate morality and the governments job is not to protect people from themselves. And don't pull that Democrat bull$h!+ "It's for the children" card.

And your assumption on the people who want to legalize marijuana is way off the mark. A large majority are people like myself who don't smoke it, have no intention on smoking it, and don't plan on getting into the marijuana industry. We are simply sick and tired of the government sticking it's nose in every aspect of our lives. I can live with a handful of irresponsible people killing themselves with whatever poison they choose. I cannot live with others continuously giving up my rights because they don't trust themselves and their love ones to exercise that right responsibly.
Yep. Do what you want at home as long as you provide for your kids. Meth yourself into a casket for all I care as long as your kids have food and clothes.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:14 PM
Redfish

Cash: 978

Is there any theories as to why the crime has gone up after legalization. Do people who never smoked before get high and go on Grand Theft Auto type crime sprees? I would bet my bottom dollar that these are cherry picked stats to push an agenda. BTW I don't smoke because we all know if you try weed one time its only a matter of time before you're in dumpster shooting heroin up your throat.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray View Post
Is there any theories as to why the crime has gone up after legalization. Do people who never smoked before get high and go on Grand Theft Auto type crime sprees? I would bet my bottom dollar that these are cherry picked stats to push an agenda. BTW I don't smoke because we all know if you try weed one time its only a matter of time before you're in dumpster shooting heroin up your throat.
Read that snopes article. You are correct it was cherry picked to push an agenda.

If the statistics don't work, work the statistics
Old 11-17-2016, 07:41 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
The issue left behind here is how many people that have smoked pot, have also moved on to something bigger? Or at least at some point tried something stronger. I think that's a pretty high number. Most drugheads don't start with cocaine or heroin. Sad for the young people who have little control, and have too little maturity to make the right decisions. Bottom line is, there are 2 kinds of people the want it legalized...the ones that smoke it, and the ones that plan on making mucho denero on it, like our local gov'ts that really don't care. So, marijuana now...then what next?
100% of Alcoholics have drank water at one point in their life, water is a gateway to alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
The same argument can be made for alcohol. How many have started off with just that first beer, then moved to getting all boggered up on the weekends, and ended up being a non-productive drunk. At the end of the day, you cannot legislate morality and the governments job is not to protect people from themselves. And don't pull that Democrat bull$h!+ "It's for the children" card.

And your assumption on the people who want to legalize marijuana is way off the mark. A large majority are people like myself who don't smoke it, have no intention on smoking it, and don't plan on getting into the marijuana industry. We are simply sick and tired of the government sticking it's nose in every aspect of our lives. I can live with a handful of irresponsible people killing themselves with whatever poison they choose. I cannot live with others continuously giving up my rights because they don't trust themselves and their love ones to exercise that right responsibly.
Well said
Old 11-17-2016, 08:49 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

I agree 100% with Matt G. Ive never smoked it. If it were legal would I? Im not sure. I do drink and Love having beer with friends. Just the medical aspect of it makes me want it 100% legal. Ive seen it 1st hand what it can do. Besides the things that its proven to heal. Its also alot better for pain than getting addicted to pills. My dad lived in pain most of his adult life from an offshore accident. They gave him pain meds to cope with it. Ended up in a bad place for awhile bc of that. Got clean and then would just smoke every night before bed so he could actually get some sleep. Changed his life.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Purely scare tactic bullcrap that seems to be too common place for "Conservatives" who want smaller government.

Thank you for continuing to spread it around, MG
Old 11-18-2016, 07:03 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucan View Post
God help us if we start to legalize everything sinful just because everybody else is doing it? The end of times is upon us when we think things will not hurt us if you turn our focus away. Yes I grew up with pot all around us, legalizing it would have made it worst and killed many more.
So how many did it kill to begin with? lol
Old 11-20-2016, 12:40 AM
Flounder

Cash: 621

I just want to die laughing when people call marijuana a gateway drug. I would bet my first born child that more people tried pot and a lot of other drugs for the first time, WHEN THEY WERE DRUNK! Alcohol use has led to more teen pregnancies, fist fights, shootings, stabbings, car wrecks, home wrecks, and so on, than any other drug on the planet. Hell, it even led to a ship wreck! (Exxon Valdez). Yet people continue to defend alcohol use and preach the evils of marijuana? It's laughable. Almost anyone who has smoked pot to any extent, without being drunk, will tell you that pot is by far the less dangerous drug.

Granted, it would be a great thing if no one ever felt the need or the want to do drugs or drink, but that just isn't going to happen. All through history, even in "the good ole days", people sought out intoxicating or mind altering substances for various reasons, and that ain't going away. If you want to condemn the use of any drug, including alcohol, preach it brother! I have no axe to grind with you.

I do have to say that I too have been close to more than one situation where the medicinal or cathartic effects of marijuana helped someone through a very difficult illness or emotionally stressful time in their life. I'm reluctant to use the term "God send", but it certainly appeared that way.