SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:36 AM
Redfish

Cash: 900
Default Sheriff Department theives

I got pulled over at a Sheriff Dept check point last Friday night on my way home from work at Saint Johns Elementary School.First they asked if I had been drinking then if I had been smoking Marijuana or incense whatever that is when I said no "which i had nothing to drink or smoke" they asked if they could search my vehicle.I replied have a ball but you ain't gonna find nothing which they did not.Anyway the officers asked if I had any weapons and I told them I had a pocket knife.The officer reached in my pocket and took it out "Cuz I'm a big criminal" I have no prior arrest or DWI's anywho when they get done searching threw all my tackle boxes and wal mart bags of tackle and camping gear and find nothing they let me go and I realise the next day the S.O.B. stole my pocket knife.What do you guys think I should do about this I have no idea of the officers name and have no paper work like a ticket or something beacause I didn't do anything wrong.I feel like I was harrassed and my property was stolen by someone I pay to uphold the law!!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:41 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I would call ...they have it recorded when they stopped u..and can tell u what officer made the stop....get your knife back!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:26 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,466

I recommend to everyone to do your research and know your rights. That is the only way to not be bullied by law enforcement.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:28 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

You have rights man..in the right or in the wrong,never ever consent to a search.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:47 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyagasha View Post
You have rights man..in the right or in the wrong,never ever consent to a search.
Last time I was pulled over he asked to search my truck. I said no. He said "I think you have drugs n there" and called a k9 unit. Dog did a few laps around my truck and didn't signal so the handler put his hand near the glass on my door and snapped his fingers. Well, the dog stands up and touched the handlers fingers with his nose. Officer said "he's signalling on your door, I'm going in". Got me for open container. Was B.S. but didnt really have to time to fight it. That was 3yrs ago and I'm still dealing with it.........its been horrible!!

DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!

IF THEY CAN SMELL IT ON YOUR BREATH, YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL WHETHER YOU PASS THE FIELD TEST OR NOT!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:35 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

The sheriif dept pulled my brother-on-law over about a year ago. Asked to search his vehicle and he said no. Got the dog out and it made it's rounds. No alert so the officer tool out a ball and bounced it of the door. Dog runs up and points. Officer says dog is hitting at the door and they begin to search. That is total bs. Had lcpd last week on 12 street pulling everyone over snd writing tickets. His car number was 40. Pulled at least 15 people over in about 4 hours. That's harassment not protect and serve. How does that guy sleep at night.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Man if the knife was just a knife I say leave it Alone, not telling u to be a punk but I had a problem b4 with a cop and reported him next thing u know if I blinked either him or one of his buddies was pulling me over
Old 07-28-2011, 08:38 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

As a former sheriff's deputy, I can say I have accidentally forgotten to give a driver's license back on numerous occasions. It is usually pretty comical, hauling buttt down the road to stop a driver you just wrote a ticket to. They usually go - "What now?" or, "did you forget to give me another ticket". I would, in my most polite voice, hang my head and say "sorry, I forgot to return your license". Most of the time they would laugh, sometimes they would curse me, but whatever.

Their is a good chance the guy just forgot to return it to you and since he did not write a ticket, he doesn't know who you are. Guys, I am not going into any debate again over drug searches, rights, and so on. I will tell you if you call the department, and ask to speak to the patrol supervisor, explain what happen, they will probably track down your knife and gladly return it to you. Things happen, I don't see what the big deal is about just picking up the phone and making a call. "Hey, I was checked at a DWI detail last night and the officer took my knife while they searched my truck". "Can I get it back please". It may have even been filmed which is what most departments do.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
As a former sheriff's deputy, I can say I have accidentally forgotten to give a driver's license back on numerous occasions. It is usually pretty comical, hauling buttt down the road to stop a driver you just wrote a ticket to. They usually go - "What now?" or, "did you forget to give me another ticket". I would, in my most polite voice, hang my head and say "sorry, I forgot to return your license". Most of the time they would laugh, sometimes they would curse me, but whatever.

Their is a good chance the guy just forgot to return it to you and since he did not write a ticket, he doesn't know who you are. Guys, I am not going into any debate again over drug searches, rights, and so on. I will tell you if you call the department, and ask to speak to the patrol supervisor, explain what happen, they will probably track down your knife and gladly return it to you. Things happen, I don't see what the big deal is about just picking up the phone and making a call. "Hey, I was checked at a DWI detail last night and the officer took my knife while they searched my truck". "Can I get it back please". It may have even been filmed which is what most departments do.
2nd that!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:13 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkyfatboy View Post
Sounds like the typical, harassing, crooked Louisiana smokey... Try driving around with Texas plates - it's even worse!

Yep, that's all they have to do!!!!!! Pick on people w/ Texas plates. No crime fighting, no answering 911 calls, no responding to traffic accidents, just look for vehicles with Texas plates.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:15 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyagasha View Post
Spoken like a true immature male that thinks he knows the law!!!:*****:
Old 07-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfeatherfur View Post
as a former sheriff's deputy, i can say i have accidentally forgotten to give a driver's license back on numerous occasions. It is usually pretty comical, hauling buttt down the road to stop a driver you just wrote a ticket to. They usually go - "what now?" or, "did you forget to give me another ticket". I would, in my most polite voice, hang my head and say "sorry, i forgot to return your license". Most of the time they would laugh, sometimes they would curse me, but whatever.

Their is a good chance the guy just forgot to return it to you and since he did not write a ticket, he doesn't know who you are. Guys, i am not going into any debate again over drug searches, rights, and so on. I will tell you if you call the department, and ask to speak to the patrol supervisor, explain what happen, they will probably track down your knife and gladly return it to you. Things happen, i don't see what the big deal is about just picking up the phone and making a call. "hey, i was checked at a dwi detail last night and the officer took my knife while they searched my truck". "can i get it back please". It may have even been filmed which is what most departments do.

great reply all it takes is a simple call
Old 07-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Spoken like a true immature male that thinks he knows the law!!!:*****:
What if I don't want a complete stranger rifling through my vehicle? They may also scatter or lose my belongings, not to mention the fact that they can even go to pulling dash/door panels, ceiling liner, fuel tank, and so on. If it’s an aircraft they can completely disassemble it and choose not to reassemble. What if it’s a crooked cop with a reason to plant false evidence? There are plenty of reasons to refuse a search, even with nothing to hide.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,010

Quote:
Sounds like the typical, harassing, crooked Louisiana smokey... Try driving around with Texas plates - it's even worse!

I drive all over for my job and my company truck has Texas plates and have yet to get stopped. I guess the reason is that I obey the laws to the best of my ability. Maybe you should try it.

Warren
Old 07-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
What if I don't want a complete stranger rifling through my vehicle? They may also scatter or lose my belongings, not to mention the fact that they can even go to pulling dash/door panels, ceiling liner, fuel tank, and so on. If it’s an aircraft they can completely disassemble it and choose not to reassemble. What if it’s a crooked cop with a reason to plant false evidence? There are plenty of reasons to refuse a search, even with nothing to hide.
Bruce, I have only knowledge of this happening one time and it was at Brownsville Tx airport back in the 70's. The pilot copped an attitude with customs flying back into the states and they called his hand. The breakdown of society started with a lack of respect for authority which began with the Peace movement of the 60's. Last time I checked, the right to drive was not in the Constitution. It is a priviledge guarded by law enforcement. Give respect get respect, it is and has always been a two way street but act like a turd and the LEO's will respond accordingly.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:52 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
Grasping at straws!!!!! If I smelled Maryjane, and they refused a search, I got the dog out. If the dog alerted, I searched until I found it - plain and simple! It may have only been a roach in the ashtray, or a couple of pieces that fell on the floor while he rolled his last joint from a nickle bag. If that was the case, that car got taken apart! Dashboard, headliner, door panels, hell- I even got a socket set out and took out the seats of a Camaro once over some "residue"!!! When I was finished, I laughed, wrote him a simple possesion ticket and left him on the side of the road. I told him next time he refused a search, over a simple possesion charge he may want to rethink his "jailhouse lawyer" thinking! If he would have come clean and said "hey, I got a doobie in my cigarettes, he had a ticket and was on his way. I worked interstate patrol and was looking for large amounts of drugs, cash, stolen cars and fugitives. If he wanted to waste my time over something as small as that, I was going to waste his. If I would not have wrote him the ticket, I could have been charged with damages to his vehicle. Since I found the residue, tested positive for THC, and it was filmed - he got to drive off and go fix his car, then come to court and see the judge.

Guys, you will not win when you go to battle w/ the law. No matter how you slice it, you will lose! Get that in your head. Even if you are clean, and refuse a search, you can be on the side of the road for a very long time. I had the right to let the driver leave the scene, but that vehicle has no rights and was staying right there! Do you know how long it takes to get a search warrant on a weekend, and at night! Those judges are hard to track down sometimes, and they will issue a search warrant - EVERYTIME! But, we have to find them. If the judge is at his camp, or out to supper with his wife, or visiting his grandkids, your vehicle is stuck on the side of the road until it is done. I use to always get the runaround from people just like you guys here saying, "I don't have anything, but your not searching". Well, you may be right about not having anything, but if my dog told me it was there, than that car was staying right there until I let you go or made an arrest. Call me a douche, call me a Ahole, but at the end of the day it was my job that supported my family and I was paid to find dope.

Hah! Just remembered a guy that was DWI and I was being called to assist Jeff Davis with a search when they need a dog on I-10. I opened the guys trunk, threw his keys in, and closed it. Figured by the time he got them out he would be sober! They have ways of getting justice without the court, and sometimes it's a lot better than the court justice anyway!

Have a nice day and remember to support your local law enforcement!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:53 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Great post Bruce! Afterall, Louisiana's per capita rate of crooked cops is very well known, only way my vehicle is getting searched is incident to arrest...
Wanna bet!:*****::*****:
Old 07-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 860

This thread is sweet! Only thing missing is IRONMAN.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:02 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalesdave View Post
This thread is sweet! Only thing missing is IRONMAN.
Dude, I just spit diet coke everywhere!!!! Too funny!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Grasping at straws!!!!! If I smelled Maryjane, and they refused a search, I got the dog out. If the dog alerted, I searched until I found it - plain and simple! It may have only been a roach in the ashtray, or a couple of pieces that fell on the floor while he rolled his last joint from a nickle bag. If that was the case, that car got taken apart! Dashboard, headliner, door panels, hell- I even got a socket set out and took out the seats of a Camaro once over some "residue"!!! When I was finished, I laughed, wrote him a simple possesion ticket and left him on the side of the road. I told him next time he refused a search, over a simple possesion charge he may want to rethink his "jailhouse lawyer" thinking! If he would have come clean and said "hey, I got a doobie in my cigarettes, he had a ticket and was on his way. I worked interstate patrol and was looking for large amounts of drugs, cash, stolen cars and fugitives. If he wanted to waste my time over something as small as that, I was going to waste his. If I would not have wrote him the ticket, I could have been charged with damages to his vehicle. Since I found the residue, tested positive for THC, and it was filmed - he got to drive off and go fix his car, then come to court and see the judge.

Guys, you will not win when you go to battle w/ the law. No matter how you slice it, you will lose! Get that in your head. Even if you are clean, and refuse a search, you can be on the side of the road for a very long time. I had the right to let the driver leave the scene, but that vehicle has no rights and was staying right there! Do you know how long it takes to get a search warrant on a weekend, and at night! Those judges are hard to track down sometimes, and they will issue a search warrant - EVERYTIME! But, we have to find them. If the judge is at his camp, or out to supper with his wife, or visiting his grandkids, your vehicle is stuck on the side of the road until it is done. I use to always get the runaround from people just like you guys here saying, "I don't have anything, but your not searching". Well, you may be right about not having anything, but if my dog told me it was there, than that car was staying right there until I let you go or made an arrest. Call me a douche, call me a Ahole, but at the end of the day it was my job that supported my family and I was paid to find dope.

Hah! Just remembered a guy that was DWI and I was being called to assist Jeff Davis with a search when they need a dog on I-10. I opened the guys trunk, threw his keys in, and closed it. Figured by the time he got them out he would be sober! They have ways of getting justice without the court, and sometimes it's a lot better than the court justice anyway!

Have a nice day and remember to support your local law enforcement!
One of my older brothers is a Alexandria City cop. Trust me, what FIN is saying is 100% correct. The harder you make it on the cops they will make it 1,000X harder on you!