SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216
Default Sinking brushpiles in big lake

Went ran jugs with cousin today in big lake caught some hammer garfish. Wind blew the jugs to bank and best fish were caught where there was some brush by the bank. Got me thinking I need to sink some brush. What is best type tree to sink and how much weight do I need
Old 06-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 417

Bamboo, stuck in concrete.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2017, 11:13 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

PVC trees in 5 gal buckets of concrete.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:40 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

I would think lily pads a better option. Provides shade, gar fish love shade, and a place for bait fish to hide.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

I just tie old crab traps together with barbed wiire and throw a couple old tires/rims on it to keep it sunked. fish love it, and it last longer than brush.

hurricane fence is great, but it's hard to deploy without scratching the wrap on my boat.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:53 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 591

Dats what we do,old batteries for weight too,think dat rotten egg smell makes them come running
Old 06-17-2017, 07:45 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Didn't want to use bamboo because that stuff isn't around the lake. They will know it's not supposed to be there. May get some rozo cane and sink though. The ones we caught were by rozo cane and murkle bushes
Old 06-17-2017, 09:13 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Use dat cut grass from weir levee, super glue it to some of the oyster reefs that oyster fisherman said are thick all over !
Old 06-17-2017, 11:05 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
Didn't want to use bamboo because that stuff isn't around the lake. They will know it's not supposed to be there. May get some rozo cane and sink though. The ones we caught were by rozo cane and murkle bushes
I mean, I don't see why you are worried about anyone knowing it's not supposed to be there. You already want to sink something on a public waterbody, which is against the law without a permit.

The Corps of Engineers is a real PitA when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2017, 02:18 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 605
Default Waltrip

You always like running your mouth and being a smart *** . You forgot you were kick get off from Biglake 411 from you smart *** mouth . The guy is just asking a simple question and you want to respond with a smart *** answer as usuall. He doesn't know any better. , that's why he asking , Since you know the answer to all the questions why won't you quit your day job and Work for the Louisiana wildlife fisheries or CCA since you know everything and now how to rub it....
Old 06-18-2017, 05:52 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblender View Post
You always like running your mouth and being a smart *** . You forgot you were kick get off from Biglake 411 from you smart *** mouth . The guy is just asking a simple question and you want to respond with a smart *** answer as usuall. He doesn't know any better. , that's why he asking , Since you know the answer to all the questions why won't you quit your day job and Work for the Louisiana wildlife fisheries or CCA since you know everything and now how to rub it....
Never been on Biglake 411, so...

4 posts in 6 years, and you have the nerve to go after someone for pointing out a fact? It's one thing if Waltrip comes after me. At least the guy has helped and tries to help people on here.

What have you done?

Last edited by Smalls; 06-18-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:05 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Amazing how some people don't get the joke or feel compelled to play mother hen in making sure others know it's a joke.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:54 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightwindow View Post
Amazing how some people don't get the joke or feel compelled to play mother hen in making sure others know it's a joke.

A joke??? You mean he was only catching dink gars and not hammas???
Old 06-18-2017, 11:07 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by rardoin View Post
A joke??? You mean he was only catching dink gars and not hammas???
Hamma gars are in the eye of the beholder

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblender View Post
LMAO
Dude really ?

Big Lake 411 LMAO ... I never waisted my time on that garbage site

I went one time to call a moron out who basically ran over me fishing

GTFO with that crap
Old 06-18-2017, 02:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

So all these people on caney lake and saline and toledo bend and countless others actually have corp permits to have brush piles or is it only a salt water thing ? I could be wrong but I think he meant the fish might know bamboo isn't suppose to be around there .
Old 06-18-2017, 04:19 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
So all these people on caney lake and saline and toledo bend and countless others actually have corp permits to have brush piles or is it only a salt water thing ? I could be wrong but I think he meant the fish might know bamboo isn't suppose to be around there .
You can't be serious? You think he meant the fish? People sink buckets of concrete with rubber hose sticking out of them as structure, and fish hang around them.

As for the permits, yes, even on freshwater that isn't legal without a permit. Why would someone have to have a permit to build a bulkhead for a camp or drive pilings, but could just create a brushpile?

Now, there may be some specifics on size that it might be under and not require a permit, but placing a brushpile would be considered the same as dumping spoil dirt (filling) in that water body. Dredge and fill activities require permits.

All that being said, if you aren't going to look into the legality and still choose to create a brushpile, I wouldn't be seen doing it by any sort of regulator or law enforcement.

National Marine Fisheries, ironically enough, can be a real stickler for that stuff. Personally, hey, whatever floats your boat. All I'm saying is, don't get caught in the act.

Old 06-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
You can't be serious? You think he meant the fish? People sink buckets of concrete with rubber hose sticking out of them as structure, and fish hang around them.

As for the permits, yes, even on freshwater that isn't legal without a permit. Why would someone have to have a permit to build a bulkhead for a camp or drive pilings, but could just create a brushpile?

Now, there may be some specifics on size that it might be under and not require a permit, but placing a brushpile would be considered the same as dumping spoil dirt (filling) in that water body. Dredge and fill activities require permits.

All that being said, if you aren't going to look into the legality and still choose to create a brushpile, I wouldn't be seen doing it by any sort of regulator or law enforcement.

National Marine Fisheries, ironically enough, can be a real stickler for that stuff. Personally, hey, whatever floats your boat. All I'm saying is, don't get caught in the act.

You do realize the whole thread is a joke right?
Old 06-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post

Yes I am serious because I have never heard of having to have a permit for a brush pile or seen it in the regulation book . I don't think a brush pile is the same as filling in a shore line or building a bulkhead . Please if you are so informed give me a place where it is said that I would need a permit to place a brush pile anywhere salt or fresh . And where should one apply for such permit....My boat floats nice and high and dry....
Old 06-18-2017, 04:39 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
Yes I am serious because I have never heard of having to have a permit for a brush pile or seen it in the regulation book . I don't think a brush pile is the same as filling in a shore line or building a bulkhead . Please if you are so informed give me a place where it is said that I would need a permit to place a brush pile anywhere salt or fresh . And where should one apply for such permit....My boat floats nice and high and dry....
Army Corps of Engineers, New Orleans district. They will make a fuss about anything. If they will fuss about a 3 or 4 ft diameter piling, they will fuss about a piling. Probably falls under a General Permit, but I don't have them in front of me to tell you which one.