SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
used to hunt behind the old cameron court house with a friend..
I hunted East of the Henry's. Right next to a guy named Rosteet(not sure about spelling).
Old 08-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I hunted East of the Henry's. Right next to a guy named Rosteet(not sure about spelling).

Henry and rosteet was family..that where we hunted..our friend was good friends with billy rosteet (his mom was a henry) so we got to hunt out there...
Old 08-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Great White

I think the guy's name was Matt Rosteet that hunted across the fence from me. He was the fartherest blind to the East on the Henry property. I was the fartherest blind West on the Davis property.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Great White

Quote:
I think the guy's name was Matt Rosteet that hunted across the fence from me. He was the fartherest blind to the East on the Henry property. I was the fartherest blind West on the Davis property.

man i dont remeber much lol..i was like 6 or 7 when we hunted down there...had an awesome blind though..
Old 08-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Flounder

Cash: 662

matt rosteet is billy rosteet son they own most property behind court house , well the family does.they are part of the henry's. damn good hunting too
Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
man i dont remeber much lol..i was like 6 or 7 when we hunted down there...had an awesome blind though..
Fool i probably was hunting down there when you was or maybe right before. We was on the norh road next to the reserve and Jonh Delaney
Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackills View Post
matt rosteet is billy rosteet son they own most property behind court house , well the family does.. damn good hunting too

yep..my dad's best friend was good friends with i think billy..but a few things came up, and only family members hunt it now...from what i remeber..it was awesome hunting!...i never got to shoot since i was too little..
Old 08-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Great White

i take that back, we hunted with matt rosteet
Old 08-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
i take that back, we hunted with matt rosteet
Fool was Johns, Scooters and Jeffs camps there when you hunted out there. They were right behind the corthouse on the gravel on the left.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Great White

Matt's pond had a sandy bottom and full of feather grass. No one hunted it for the first 20 years that I hunted my blind. Ducks would come from the refuge behind us to the North and fly South to that pond, right over me.
Before the weirs, it was a lot of Greenwings, Pintails, Canvasbacks and Widgeons. After the weirs, it turned to Gray ducks, Bluewings and Pintails. My pond was about 50 acres in size. I had a 3 man blind with 10 to 12 dozen decoys.
There was a big line of canes between his blind and mine and to the south, there was a levee that went East and West across the South end of both our ponds.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
Fool was Johns, Scooters and Jeffs camps there when you hunted out there. They were right behind the corthouse on the gravel on the left.
asked my dad, he said they really didn't know very many people down there (didn't go any of them camps)

he said they bordered the reserve
Old 08-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Great White

I remember a Jeff Corbello. I met him every Fur Festival. All of those guys in the trailers and the Henry's came out to the Fiesta every Fur Festival.
I worked the bar for free drinks...

Last edited by Ray; 08-07-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
asked my dad, he said they really didn't know very many people down there (didn't go any of them camps)

he said they bordered the reserve
I hunted with my brother-in-law and we hunted Pete Henrys pond
Old 08-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Great White

Quote:
Matt's pond had a sandy bottom and full of feather grass. No one hunted it for the first 20 years that I hunted my blind. Ducks would come from the refuge behind us to the North and fly South to that pond, right over me.
Before the weirs, it was a lot of Greenwings, Pintails, Canvasbacks and Widgeons. After the weirs, it turned to Gray ducks, Bluewings and Pintails. My pond was about 50 acres in size. I had a 3 man blind with 10 to 12 dozen decoys.
There was a big line of canes between his blind and mine and to the south, there was a levee that went East and West across the South end of both our ponds.

we had about that many decoys...like i said, i dont rember much...half the time i kept my head down... i rember the gravel road..

it was me, dad , todd mathis, and his son that hunted with matt rosteet
Old 08-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Great White

Pete Henry's sister and I are pretty good friends. I have known her since I was a little kid. He hunted across a levee from Bobby Corbello. They both quit hunting down there about the same time. Bobby retired from the Cameron Sheriff and move to Alexandria and Pete sold his fuel dock and moved to the Fredricksburg, Tx. area.
I hunted a lot of the Henry blinds in my younger days, with all the Henry's who lived in Cameron.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Great White

Matt had 2 blinds close to me. One by the Crab Hole and the other next to me, about 1/4 mile, but it sounded closer sometimes. I could see his ducks falling over the canes. When the sell road ended, he traveled south down a levee and both were on the left(East) of the levee.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Great White

Quote:
Matt had 2 blinds close to me. One by the Crab Hole and the other next to me, about 1/4 mile, but it sounded closer sometimes. I could see his ducks falling over the canes. When the sell road ended, he traveled south down a levee and both were on the left(East) of the levee.

well, all i rember in our blind was we had a lift in it, that would lift the boat up out the water..we had a yellow lab with us aswell
Old 08-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Pete Henry's sister and I are pretty good friends. I have known her since I was a little kid. He hunted across a levee from Bobby Corbello. They both quit hunting down there about the same time. Bobby retired from the Cameron Sheriff and move to Alexandria and Pete sold his fuel dock and moved to the Fredricksburg, Tx. area.
I hunted a lot of the Henry blinds in my younger days, with all the Henry's who lived in Cameron.
Ray I think we started hunting either the year he left or the next. He gave us a pass to hunt. None of them cared for my brother-in-law but I got along with all of them. I couldnt wait for the fur festival. I would stay at Jeffs camp and we would have a live band all afternoon and cook some pig and party
Old 08-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Great White

Who is your BIL???
I attended a couple of the parties at the trailers.
But that was about 15 years ago. It was an old green trailer where all the beer was...
Old 08-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Great White

Pete kept a blind for a few years after he quit hunting, just to keep the rest of the younger Henry's out. He was not too fond of Jimbo's grandsons.