SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-31-2014, 05:05 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 774
Headknocker Dumbest thing I've read in a while.

http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.s..._speckled.html
Old 07-31-2014, 07:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 748

Maybe no one will go to grand isle any more.. LMAO
Old 07-31-2014, 08:35 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

It is very vain and foolish to think that just because one cannot catch them that the fish aren't there. Barataria Bay and the Gulf of Mexico are biiiiiiig places. Fish patterns change with the available forage, salinity, and water conditions. Guys go to the same places that they've scored at in the past and the fish are somewhere else.

This just means more talent and skill is needed in the chase.

Tools like this just want to collect the same money for catching a lot fewer fish.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

That guide is a moron. Before I even read the part about him wanting to reduce limits to 6 and 3, I was already thinking that he was "one of those guys."

Social media is making these issues into something that they are not. LAS posts all kind of articles every day that make me cringe. Knowing that people who don't get on the water much or may not be the most experienced fishermen read these articles and panic really bothers me. It is too easy for a few guides or people of authority who have differing opinions from most other fisherman to put a scare to the general public. There are so many guides who don't get on the internet for these reasons. They are out there every day still catching fish, and no one realizes this because it's not news worthy and they don't feel the need to boast about success.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:45 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,343

Admitting you can't catch fish.... That can not be good for business?!!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:03 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Stupid people allow stupid stuff to be publish to the public !! The guy should never be allowed to fish again for saying something so dumb . On top of that they went and published it to the public

All I can say
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (23.0 KB, 676 views)
Old 07-31-2014, 10:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

How about this guy quit fishing for a few years. Clearly the reduced pressure from him not fishing will allow the stocks to rebound to previous levels and he can limit. Problem solved.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Walk a few miles in a man's shoes of anyone who fishes east of Isles Denieres before you pass judgement. It's off across the board in the eastern half. Ponchartrain guides are lucky to get into double figures on trout nowadays. Something terrible has happened the past three years.

Now, dropping the limit on specks and reds? Absurd. But there are a lot less specks in the waters now.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Good thing that guy is now from a rich family with lawyers and oil money

Then y'all would have your very own limit reduction guru pushing on the east !!!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:34 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Dude is an idiot, I've met him and he is completely full of BS. He's big on the kayak stuff and had been talking about reduced limits for 5-6 years.
I can't believe they published a story involving him. He's the type of guide that gives guides a bad name and makes a "story" out of his inability to find fish.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

When the fishing gets a little tough it separates the real guides from all the wannabes that are out there now since inshore fishing has become "cool".
Old 08-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Hey I have an idea, quit soaking live shrimp! They don't always want that, perhaps it takes more skill than that to catch them!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:13 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

BigGrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub View Post
Hey I have an idea, quit soaking live shrimp! They don't always want that, perhaps it takes more skill than that to catch them!
You are a 100% right !! If you ban guides from using live bait inshore there would be a big drop off

The only advantage I ever used live bait for is if I have some kids and I need it which was twice this year when fishing was slow

There are guides who can't even do what I do with live bait everyday !! Take pride In your job and teach people how to fish not soak

Had a 10 year old yesterday freaken smoking trout with a matrix Shad almost every cast !!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:21 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

Some fools will do anything for ink. And the WLF loves these articles. More reason to lower limits and raise license (tax).
Old 08-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

just like climate change, there are always those who manufacture reasons why things aren't perfect for them.

this guy has NO talent and he calls himself a guide but cant figure out fish move around so he needs to do that too lol.

the one thing that should be taken from this story is that this guy should never be hired as a guide and his comments and advice about fishing means nothing and should not be believed.

I hope everyone here takes the time to click on the link and vote in that survey to say there is nothing wrong with fish stocks.

as mentioned above, these idiots get press and are put out there to justify denying fishermen the ability to harvest fully sustainable and scientifically proven to be proper levels of resources from our waters. a guide that cant catch fish unless they are found in the spots he always fishes regularly isn't much of a guide at all and is just living off of spots he likely was told to go to or stole from following other guides.

the trouble is they (yes CCA is included in they) continue to "manufacture" these false reports finding idiots like him who lie or really do don't know how to catch fish so they blame the environment and articles are written using them to influence people into thinking there needs to be stricter regulations and reduced limits.

Last edited by keakar; 08-01-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

That guy needs to take some lesson from capt Marty Lacoste.....
Old 08-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 774
Wink

Yep, no fish around Grand Isle...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10527353_928936413788222_1609274036403595533_n.jpg (67.5 KB, 345 views)
Old 08-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellaBlazer View Post
Yep, no fish around Grand Isle...
Yep i think limit needs to be dropped to one trout and half of a redfish for the whole state! Nice catch!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
You are a 100% right !! If you ban guides from using live bait inshore there would be a big drop off

The only advantage I ever used live bait for is if I have some kids and I need it which was twice this year when fishing was slow

There are guides who can't even do what I do with live bait everyday !! Take pride In your job and teach people how to fish not soak

Had a 10 year old yesterday freaken smoking trout with a matrix Shad almost every cast !!
It's crazy how you talk this smack now but you weren't bumping your gums like this in March. What's up with that?
Old 08-03-2014, 07:31 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickfish View Post
It's crazy how you talk this smack now but you weren't bumping your gums like this in March. What's up with that?
What's crazy is the only thing you contribute to this site is complaining about W.
What's up with that?