SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-22-2015, 08:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Another good day 2

Another stormy day so I waited out the weather for about an hour. I made the decision to stay close. The first place I wanted to fish had a boat on it so I tried a place near it. We caught 2 hardhead catfish. The water was dirty without any bait movement. The other boat soon moved so I slipped into his spot. It did not take me long to see why he moved. I made about a 5 mile move to a point and put the power pole down. A couple of casts and another epic battle was on. It took some time but this beautiful fish was invited to come home with us for dinner. This was his first redfish ever. Now he is spoiled.

The pick was slow with a few shorts and some croaker but with conditions as they were I decided to sit and let them swim past us looking for food. I was willing to supply them with as much as they wanted.

Every time I contemplated a move another good fish would swim past for our offerings. This kept us locked in place. We had a bit of excitement when this double showed up. After crossing lines and a few runs around the boat to avoid the junk, power pole, trim tabs, and motor, in the back of the boat we get both fish in.

It was now 10:15 and we had our last one for our limit. We caught and released a few more till 10:30 but the heat was getting to us. The storms had passed and there was no wind at all. It was HOT!

Instead of going into the marina I took a ride out to Brenton Island in search for some trout. That was not going to happen. I think deep down I just wanted to see how it looked. I had only been there about 2 months ago and there was nothing happening then. The water was dirty and the trout were not to be found. I saw a bit of bait moving but the gaff top catfish were feeding on it. I moved to an area that occasionally holds some flounder. The pick was slow but we found 3 of them. One of the guys said they already had a great trip and were ready to go back to the marina. They did not have to repeat that. We got back and went inside the air conditioned marina restaurant and sat down for a sea food baked potato.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM