SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 11-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713
Default First load of Ambush boats at Lake Area

I'll just leave this here for drooling purposes.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Trophy Trout

Let me explain it a bit better. If you're happy with a 68, 80, or 90 gauge boat, this one ain't for you. If you're happy with your grandpa's old flatbottom boat, this ain't for you, if you really like the way your boat slides instead of turning, this ain't for you, ,if you're perfectly happy with a 25 mph rig, this ain't for you. If you like buying a new hull every 4 or 5 years, this ain't for you.
These are true high performance hulls. They outperform any standard hull with the same horsepower. They will out turn anything on the water, there is no slide built into these hulls. Make sure your partner is holding on when you turn. These boats are made with .100 gauge aluminum. They are built to last, not to be replaced every 5 years. I have tested this hull for almost a year now, spent hundreds of hours testing and refining this hull, it does everything well. I have a 556 that I hunt and fish the marsh with. I can run and get up anywhere any flatbottom boat with the same power can run. If you want performance, this one's for you. Just remember, you get what you pay for.
Danny
Old 11-16-2015, 07:43 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Nice looking hulls.

Can you post a pic of the set up you've been running?
Old 11-16-2015, 11:40 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

http://refugeforums.com/refuge/threa...-boats.759685/

Care to elaborate?
Old 11-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt coonassty View Post
Old news. That was settled by the previous owners of LegendCraft long before the sale in 2013. All new folks there now. The Ambush model was not even a thought in 2006.

D
Old 11-16-2015, 03:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Gotcha, not much information comes up besides that. I also figured you wouldn't be pushing a product caught up in mess like that.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
Let me explain it a bit better. If you're happy with a 68, 80, or 90 gauge boat, this one ain't for you. If you're happy with your grandpa's old flatbottom boat, this ain't for you, if you really like the way your boat slides instead of turning, this ain't for you, ,if you're perfectly happy with a 25 mph rig, this ain't for you. If you like buying a new hull every 4 or 5 years, this ain't for you.
These are true high performance hulls. They outperform any standard hull with the same horsepower. They will out turn anything on the water, there is no slide built into these hulls. Make sure your partner is holding on when you turn. These boats are made with .100 gauge aluminum. They are built to last, not to be replaced every 5 years. I have tested this hull for almost a year now, spent hundreds of hours testing and refining this hull, it does everything well. I have a 556 that I hunt and fish the marsh with. I can run and get up anywhere any flatbottom boat with the same power can run. If you want performance, this one's for you. Just remember, you get what you pay for.
Danny
Who's selling these, I'm interested?
Old 11-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
Who's selling these, I'm interested?
Read the subject of the first post...... looks like Lake Area Marine.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 538

I will be going by to take a look at the 1556 are 1652 I recently purchased a 40hp 4 stroke from Kyle and he told me about the Ambush boats coming but he didn't have a set date. I held of on getting a boat until they arrived. Have heard nothing but good things about these hulls cant wait to see them. Kyle really steered me in the right direction on the 40hp 4 stroke its a strong motor. Any advice from anyone with knowledge and experience with the boat and motor set up would be appreciated on the (2) two different hulls and the 40hp 4 stroke.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:13 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

How do they compare to Edge boats? and Havoc
Old 11-17-2015, 07:00 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 456

I looked at Ambush, Xpress, Excel, Edge, War Eagle and Havoc boats. I bought the 1756 DBST Havoc and am very happy. 50 Mercury on the back.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:58 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by splac View Post
I will be going by to take a look at the 1556 are 1652 I recently purchased a 40hp 4 stroke from Kyle and he told me about the Ambush boats coming but he didn't have a set date. I held of on getting a boat until they arrived. Have heard nothing but good things about these hulls cant wait to see them. Kyle really steered me in the right direction on the 40hp 4 stroke its a strong motor. Any advice from anyone with knowledge and experience with the boat and motor set up would be appreciated on the (2) two different hulls and the 40hp 4 stroke.

I run a 556 with that same motor. I can help you with setup with either hull. I have had mine for about a year now. It is the driest hull I have ever owned. I have crossed Big Lake several times with rough seas, not a drop of water inside the boat? We didn't design for that, it just happened. They now offer quite a few new options, like a removable high deck a removable livewell with washdown system. Pretty neat stuff. When you look at the craftsmanship, you see how it compares to others. Eliminate anything but 100 gauge hulls first, then start to compare. These boats are ready to hang a motor on and go, no grinding, no beating, nothing, they are correct out of the box. They are the result of over a hundred years of knowledge between several different folks from Championship racers to perch jerkers. I can advise you on one thing first, get the "O S handles". Handy little thing helps tremendously. Ask Kyle or Gerald for my number, I have worked with them quite a bit on getting these hulls down here. And NO, I don't sell them, I don't make a cent on them. And I do not price them, that's Gerald and Kyle's business, not mine. I worked as a consultant in the design and development of this hull. I can explain every curve and keel on the boat and it's purpose. And I would not endorse junk. My soul is worth much more than any monies I could make lying about junk. Here's a video of the maiden voyage of my 556. I ran out of prop, was hitting the 6150 rev limiter the entire run.
D
Old 11-18-2015, 06:38 AM
Sand Trout

Cajun I sure will look you up and thank you very much. I run a alweld 1648 semi v now and would like to keep mph I am running now. I have 2 batteries up front with a 71 pd thrusht trolling motor. I have a cranking battery in the back rods tackle myself 270lbs and one man with me I am running 38 with the 16pitch Yamaha black prop and the 40 hp 4 stroke on a jack and trim plate. What hull would you recommend when I go talk to Kyle I don't want to loose anything I like the room in the 1648. Just wondering your advice if I should go with 556 its a 1556 are the 1652. Thank you for your response.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:49 AM
Sand Trout

I really think I am under prop size don't have a tac in the boat but I put a power tec prop 14 pitch and hit rev limiter and only pushed it 34-35 mph. when I got the motor from lake area with the Yamaha black prop 16 pitch on boat with cranking battery gas tank and me still 38-39 mph its a strong motor. Just wondering I ran the old faithful mega 25 for years but it finally gave out on me loved the thing.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

What's the biggest boat they make

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
What's the biggest boat they make

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

22'
Old 11-19-2015, 05:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
22'
22 footer with a Tiller Handle 150ProXS
"Sabine Refuge Hole Runner"
Old 11-19-2015, 07:04 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
22 footer with a Tiller Handle 150ProXS

"Sabine Refuge Hole Runner"

My uncle had a 20' with a tiller handle 90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2015, 06:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,834

Saw a flat bottom with 115 tiller handle on interstate the other day
Old 07-24-2016, 08:26 AM
Flounder

Cash: 644

I worked at Tri Lake Marine in Ruston, LA back in 2003 when I was at LA Tech and we rigged a 115 Yamaha tiller handle on the back of a 16' Express hull... was ridiculous lol