SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 672
Default vbay

hey guys if vbay starting to clear up but im getting reports that the wind will be picking up today to Friday and im hoping it will not churn up the water making it become muddy again. do yall think that is possible or if the wind is coming from northeast as they are forecasting it sudnt be making it that dirty???? is the specks still slow biting If any of yall salty Cajuns been out there this week yet.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

With wind like this the water shouldn't get too churned up and muddy. You will see the northern end of the bay be clearer than the southern end due to the north wind.

the trout have been biting in the pass but it has been small ones mixed in with keepers. I am headed out Friday and possibly Saturday too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wind.jpg (113.5 KB, 599 views)
Old 10-22-2014, 04:01 PM
Tripletail

hmm seem like the specks are staying around the pass lately huh. guess weeks bay and cover aren't good enough for the specks to move in already. looks like it would turn on if there was some stronger cold fronts to get them all the way in. so in the pass wud be t butte or diamond reef???
Old 10-22-2014, 04:02 PM
Tripletail

cove**
Old 10-22-2014, 04:35 PM
Redfish

Cash: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingonewild View Post
hmm seem like the specks are staying around the pass lately huh. guess weeks bay and cover aren't good enough for the specks to move in already. looks like it would turn on if there was some stronger cold fronts to get them all the way in. so in the pass wud be t butte or diamond reef???
We've been finding them at Pavy and Caldwell more the T Butte and Diamond. I only tried the cove and weeks once, but they weren't there that day. Can't say whether they've made it in yet, since I usually put in at Intercoastal.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,807

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingonewild View Post
Hey buddy.. Might be heading out there Friday. You still got the same # as back in the day?
Old 10-22-2014, 08:09 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Default VB today 10/22

Was out there today, started at the Cove, water not bad, but NADA, then went to WB and caught 2 nice specks and one undersized red. Then back to Cove and caught 3 nice specks, but didn't notice anyone knocking them dead, but were kinda like us, picking away at a fish once in awhile. Then back to WB cause the tide was moving, but NADA, then back to the Cove where we caught a "doormat" on the first cast, then two more nice specks. All in all, a nice day with great weather and home by 1 p.m.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Tripletail

hey chip yea I still got the same # it never seem to wear out lol! give me a holla on how u do out there Friday I am pretty much going on Saturday.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Tripletail

Cajun bill good report u got there, yea seem like they still got a lock on their mouth or there isn't many moving around. its like hit and miss. at least yall got to bring home something than nothing at all....
Old 10-23-2014, 09:06 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Had a ENE wind all day yesterday. Today is a steadyNE wind. Cove and weeks bay should be beautiful through Sunday. Mouth of the Avery should be producing also for you guys coming out of the new dock in Delcambre. No reason why reefs on the outside shouldn't be good either. I can see even the Mouth of Boston and Chene turning on this weekend with that NW wind. Y'all have at em. I'm fishing Big Lake today then back to the deer stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm
Old 10-23-2014, 09:43 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,668

I fished the cove and hammock yesterday picked up short fish in hammock and hour before dark went back in cove had 6-7 trout 2 reds and blue cat go figure!
Old 10-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMigues View Post
I fished the cove and hammock yesterday picked up short fish in hammock and hour before dark went back in cove had 6-7 trout 2 reds and blue cat go figure!
2 years ago I caught a 12 lb blue cat in the cove bouncing a pink curltail on the bottom. Crazy...
Old 10-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Tripletail

Quote:

good report there mattmigues and like u said a hour before dark u did little better is prolly cux the tide was starting to fall.... I think most of the week the tide falls short in the am but at night it fall late. so it depend which area cux not everywhere in vbay is falling at the same time..... but at least u did good...
Old 10-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshRat89 View Post
Had a ENE wind all day yesterday. Today is a steadyNE wind. Cove and weeks bay should be beautiful through Sunday. Mouth of the Avery should be producing also for you guys coming out of the new dock in Delcambre. No reason why reefs on the outside shouldn't be good either. I can see even the Mouth of Boston and Chene turning on this weekend with that NW wind. Y'all have at em. I'm fishing Big Lake today then back to the deer stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm

have fun at big lake marshrat cux I know they are fired up over there catching anything... and good luck hunting... hope ur right abt the forecast on the wind in the bay and I sure hope the water clears up more and more cux that cud help a lot to get on some fish....
Old 10-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,668

Exactly the tides have been a little off. Weather should get more into a steady pattern and fish oughta be really easy to catch within next couple weeks
Old 10-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Exactly the tides have been a little off. Weather should get more into a steady pattern and fish oughta be really easy to catch within next couple weeks

I agree with ya mattmigues sudnt be too long for them to get fired up.... just gotta find the on switch in the bay to get it going lol....
Old 10-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962
Eek

Well guys. Since U think there are NO trout in the bay.. Here's fif T. Mostly on TW.. Probably caught 70 or so..

Enjoy...

PS. That's a 90 qrt. chest. I must have found the "ON SWITCH"???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0859.jpg (62.7 KB, 390 views)
Old 10-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Tripletail

lol u sure did biggun!!!!
Old 10-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Nice biggun. A friend of mine went to delcambre around 10 today, caught limit of reds by 1 pm by shrimp processing place
Old 10-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,000

Geez jealous..Where is that wind report above online. best I've seen is the KATC/KLFY wind