SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534
Default Notice in mail

Got a notice in the mail from the DMV stating that my insurance was cancelled for 2 days then reinstated. Called my insurance peeps (Progressive). They said I was late 2 days on my payment which is bull **** because its on auto-bill pay. Anyways, whatever on that. Now i have to pay $50 or they flag my license and if a cop pulls me over, they yank tags on my truck. Anyone ever had to deal with this issue ?? Any way to rectify this ? Dont mind paying the $50 fee, just dont know who to call.... Help ?!@?!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Seems like you need to go to the DMV. Pay $50 and you done with it. Then call progressive and bank see why it isn't getting taken care of on time. My auto draft won't take money out my account on weekends but my ins bill is due on the 18th of every month.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 924

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
Seems like you need to go to the DMV. Pay $50 and you done with it. Then call progressive and bank see why it isn't getting taken care of on time. My auto draft won't take money out my account on weekends but my ins bill is due on the 18th of every month.
Correct, go pay it cause you can't win and if you do; it won't be worth the trouble , time and aggrivation. Then knock heads with Progressive and your bank and let them get it straight.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Great White

Any way to pay it over the phone ?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Any way to pay it over the phone ?
I doubt it. If I were in your shoes, I would have a USPS money order in hand at the DMV when I went in. They may or may not accept cash but, every place I know of accepts Postal money orders.

Just think, you can hang out with a bunch of people you don't know and, don't want to be around for several hours!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Great White

Girlfriend got the same notice also.... she paid hers over the phone, but threw away the paper after she paid.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I bought a brand spankin new truck on time. Left Sulphur, driving to Cameron.
Cops stopped me and took my paper license plate and stuck a sticker on my back winder.
I had insurance, just no paperwork yet. Was waiting on it from the insurance company.
Had to go to insurance and get a temp card and bring to DVM to get new paper plate.

Left the sticker on the winder for a month, just to **** with the Cops.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Got a notice in the mail from the DMV stating that my insurance was cancelled for 2 days then reinstated. Called my insurance peeps (Progressive). They said I was late 2 days on my payment which is bull **** because its on auto-bill pay. Anyways, whatever on that. Now i have to pay $50 or they flag my license and if a cop pulls me over, they yank tags on my truck. Anyone ever had to deal with this issue ?? Any way to rectify this ? Dont mind paying the $50 fee, just dont know who to call.... Help ?!@?!
Ah, ur agent???? Guess u saved or thought u saved some $$ by going direct??? We get paid to solve problems, going direct only pays the company more and cuts the person out that can help when there is a problem. Once they have ur $$ they usually don't give a ****. Use an agent and don't be that guy.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:10 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

this happened to me once, I switched insurance companies, one company reported it to DMV and I showed proof that I was insured and DMV removed the flags at no cost to me.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Flounder

Cash: 692

This is one of the reasons why I overlap a few days when purchasing a new vehicle. I contact the insurance company before driving the vehicle and get them to fax me a paper saying I'm covered. Then I wait a few days before cancelling on the old vehicle.
The state of Louisiana is hard up for cash and looking for anyway they can to squeeze a few more bucks from it's citizens. You can't win so stay on top of your business.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggybro View Post
This is one of the reasons why I overlap a few days when purchasing a new vehicle. I contact the insurance company before driving the vehicle and get them to fax me a paper saying I'm covered. Then I wait a few days before cancelling on the old vehicle.
The state of Louisiana is hard up for cash and looking for anyway they can to squeeze a few more bucks from it's citizens. You can't win so stay on top of your business.
This does not make cents, dealership takes plates off auto and turns them into DMV. Whether buying a new car or changing insurance companies you start and stop on same day, no need to overlap coverage. Auto I D is sufficient to correct any problems at DMV and can be handled by you agent. If your agent can't take care of a problem like the above, you need to FIRE Him and find someone who will.

Like Me
Old 03-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

This also happened to me when I went in to renew my license. It was for not having insurance on a vehicle that I had 2 or 3 years prior right at the sale date. Good thing I had the paperwork n my truck or I would have had to pay the fine.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Ah, ur agent???? Guess u saved or thought u saved some $$ by going direct??? We get paid to solve problems, going direct only pays the company more and cuts the person out that can help when there is a problem. Once they have ur $$ they usually don't give a ****. Use an agent and don't be that guy.
But, it saves $.30/month!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

this is one of the reasons I have State Farm Insurance
Old 03-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
this is one of the reasons I have State Farm Insurance
X2.