SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Flounder

Cash: 673

I would like a bad azz rod
Old 06-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Redfish

Cash: 600
Default Rod

I would like to have a Billystix rod to fish with!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Banned

TTT
Old 06-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

i tried heck its free so why not.

id figure you would have had a ton of people post....people post quick!

when does it end?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:09 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662

thur--7-02-09
i have considered running it a bit longer but i think that would not be good.
stix
Old 06-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952
Default Count me in

I'd definately like to add this to my arsenal.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Redfish

Cash: 650

How many times can we enter?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Redfish

Cash: 652

Im poor and i need a new rod.. Hook a brotha up man..
Old 06-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Great White

i cant fish anymore...i got a rare sickness called mommysaidso so id atleast like the rod to stare at
Old 06-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Redfish

Cash: 603

Well the basic truth is I'm not gonna try and throw sympathy out there just the truth and see what this gets me. The most expensive rod in my arsenal is a 49.99 allstar I got as a gift from my wife, the rest are 29.99 special from walmart. The most expensive reel I own is 49.99 h2o express reel from academy the rest are hand me downs from my buddies that i repair and use. I have slowly but surely gotten cheaper and cheaper with my own personal toys due to the fact I like to see my wife and kids have the nicer things in life and I can catch just as many with the cheap equipment. I sacrifice every other week of my life to being away from my family in the oilfield to support them and make sure they have the latest and greatest gadgets, clothes, shoes, and whatnots. I have came to a point in my life where my satisfactions take a back seat to my children's happiness. I guess what im trying to say is heck I feel I have sacrificed enough to see them happy and in some way feel I deserve the rod as a sort of gift from above for thinking of others before myself. Im sure im not much different than most on this site. Im sure a lot of others that read this fit in these same shoes as I do. We all sacrifice some everyday to see our children are better off than we were at there age. So Billy any consideration for my chance to get one of your awesome rods will be greatly appreciated...and thanks for just stepping up and helping the site survive with your advertisment. If I could I would.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Buxton View Post
Well the basic truth is I'm not gonna try and throw sympathy out there just the truth and see what this gets me. The most expensive rod in my arsenal is a 49.99 allstar I got as a gift from my wife, the rest are 29.99 special from walmart. The most expensive reel I own is 49.99 h2o express reel from academy the rest are hand me downs from my buddies that i repair and use. I have slowly but surely gotten cheaper and cheaper with my own personal toys due to the fact I like to see my wife and kids have the nicer things in life and I can catch just as many with the cheap equipment. I sacrifice every other week of my life to being away from my family in the oilfield to support them and make sure they have the latest and greatest gadgets, clothes, shoes, and whatnots. I have came to a point in my life where my satisfactions take a back seat to my children's happiness. I guess what im trying to say is heck I feel I have sacrificed enough to see them happy and in some way feel I deserve the rod as a sort of gift from above for thinking of others before myself. Im sure im not much different than most on this site. Im sure a lot of others that read this fit in these same shoes as I do. We all sacrifice some everyday to see our children are better off than we were at there age. So Billy any consideration for my chance to get one of your awesome rods will be greatly appreciated...and thanks for just stepping up and helping the site survive with your advertisment. If I could I would.
plus he's from DeQuincy, the wart on top of Calcasieu parish.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Redfish

Cash: 603

LOL....yea that too.... your right killa K
Old 06-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

We arrived at the boat ramp that morning.The sun was just starting to peek over the eastern horizon,as I slid the sleek hull of my center console in to the cool waters of the lake. Some freinds of mine had listened to my fishing story s all week at work,some even marveled at my fishing prowness.Not a bad thing,one often likes to lokked up to,and since most had not a clue I found it that much easyer to get them to belive almost anything.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:44 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

I could use it to whip the ole lady into shape when she gets outta line. HAHA!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Redfish

Cash: 650

In the summer of 2004 my Best friend was working in the local sporting goods store. He was a well-known fisherman in the area who was often asked his opinion about fishing and the best tackle to use. One day a sales rep with All Star came in who knew of my friend’s local celebrity. The rep gave my brother a 6 foot 6 inch medium action rod in hopes of garnering orders once he had used it and discovered its unequivocal serviceability. Having many rods already and knowing that I was also an avid fisherman and acquiring my own reputation as such, my friend gave the rod to me. From that day until today, 5 years later, I caught thousands of fish using this rod. It outlasted at least three fishing reels. Today I had the misfortune of losing my treasured rod when a fish jerked it out of my fumbling hands. I was fishing alone, actively fishing a jig and using the rod to drag a live croaker in about 15 feet of water. When I saw the rod jerk, I first thought that I had snagged something and didn’t immediately pick it up from the rod holder. The rod made a sharp bend again and I knew I had a fish. As I was juggling my other rod and attempting to switch fishing hands to land the hooked fish, the rod slipped through my fingers and was sucked under water within seconds. I and a fellow angler, in the boat next to me, who had witnessed the incident tried for over an hour to retrieve the rod without success. I am heartsick. Only another fisherman can understand my despair. While I know it was an inanimate object, I feel as though I’ve lost a true and loyal friend. This rod supplied me with untold hours of angling pleasure. I will try again another day to find my unwavering companion but if we are not to be reunited, I can reconcile myself that it has met a fitting demise resting in the murky depths of a lake where it reigned supreme.

That why I think being the new owner of a Billy Stix would be like have my old friend back.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Old 07-01-2009, 01:29 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662
Default contest is almost over

well it's getting close to time to let mother luck select her winner, to morrow when i get home from work i will gather up all the entry's and put them in the pot and give it a couple of ggood shakes and start drawing.
now remember the runner ups will be offered a good prize as well so be on the look out for your name even if yoy do not win the free rod the runner ups will be rewarded as well good luck and thanks for a great contest and stay tuned for more from billystix custom rods, you never know what i might decided to do next
stix
Old 07-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Great White

BOOYAH!

thanks for the raffle stix.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545

I like popsicles...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 07-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default ooook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
In the summer of 2004 my Best friend was working in the local sporting goods store. He was a well-known fisherman in the area who was often asked his opinion about fishing and the best tackle to use. One day a sales rep with All Star came in who knew of my friend’s local celebrity. The rep gave my brother a 6 foot 6 inch medium action rod in hopes of garnering orders once he had used it and discovered its unequivocal serviceability. Having many rods already and knowing that I was also an avid fisherman and acquiring my own reputation as such, my friend gave the rod to me. From that day until today, 5 years later, I caught thousands of fish using this rod. It outlasted at least three fishing reels. Today I had the misfortune of losing my treasured rod when a fish jerked it out of my fumbling hands. I was fishing alone, actively fishing a jig and using the rod to drag a live croaker in about 15 feet of water. When I saw the rod jerk, I first thought that I had snagged something and didn’t immediately pick it up from the rod holder. The rod made a sharp bend again and I knew I had a fish. As I was juggling my other rod and attempting to switch fishing hands to land the hooked fish, the rod slipped through my fingers and was sucked under water within seconds. I and a fellow angler, in the boat next to me, who had witnessed the incident tried for over an hour to retrieve the rod without success. I am heartsick. Only another fisherman can understand my despair. While I know it was an inanimate object, I feel as though I’ve lost a true and loyal friend. This rod supplied me with untold hours of angling pleasure. I will try again another day to find my unwavering companion but if we are not to be reunited, I can reconcile myself that it has met a fitting demise resting in the murky depths of a lake where it reigned supreme.

That why I think being the new owner of a Billy Stix would be like have my old friend back.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Boy , I aint sayin you don't deserve the rod just as much as the next guy . But that is a good fish tale.
Cause i know mama don't let you get out in that lil flat boat w/o her!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Redfish

Cash: 653

Free certainly seems in my price range. I'd be happy wit a coozy or shirt even. SK