SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Redfish

Cash: 645
Default Live Bait croakers and Big Lake

It kills me that all you get on here and bash Texas fisherman but you idiots are going the same rought they are with there dumb laws. Before long you are only going to be able to keep 5 fish and going to ban all live bait fishing on the lake. Hey if that is how you want it keep it up its only a matter of time before it will happen. Your trophy lake will just be another texas lake. And the kicker of it all is the east side of the state has just as big of fish as you on the star board and proably will take the over all big fish prize and they keep 25 fish of any size. So explain that to me.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Who is for 5 trout? I fish Big Lake all the time and I dont see where a 5 trout will need be....I dont think anything is wrong with what we have....Only deal I see is we need to up the out of state fishing license
Old 06-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946

UH, and what is your point here? Big Lake has a 15 trout limit with only two can be over 25". It's the east side with a 25 trout limit with a 12" min. What is your concern with what is in place with Big Lake?
Old 06-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Redfish

Your a CCA man W what have they done down in south texas on there premire big fish bay. Then CCA pushed for a 15 trout limit on big lake and sabine lake and got it for what reason you ask. Because the texas fisherman that were fishing there pushed for it and got it. I agree with you on uping the out of state fishing licnse but there is only one reason why you want it that way. I figure the road big lake is going down it will soon be a 10 fish limit 1 fish over 25inchs and 15 inch min basically texas laws now
Old 06-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck77777 View Post
Your a CCA man W what have they done down in south texas on there premire big fish bay. Then CCA pushed for a 15 trout limit on big lake and sabine lake and got it for what reason you ask. Because the texas fisherman that were fishing there pushed for it and got it. I agree with you on uping the out of state fishing licnse but there is only one reason why you want it that way. I figure the road big lake is going down it will soon be a 10 fish limit 1 fish over 25inchs and 15 inch min basically texas laws now
Some agree with the 15trout limit some disagree...Yes Im a CCA member and dont really know much about what they did in Texas....I see nothing wrong with our lake right now!!! 25trout or 15trout all good with me.....I do like the 15 trout per person but facts are facts....you can only hold so many trout in one area.....You will never take out the population by rod n reel!!!! All we need to do is protect our estuary and resorces....Thats IT.....Mother nature will take care of the rest!!!! From what I have read and been involed with....If you keep too many trout in one area you will not have BIG TROUT....Too many small trout will crush your food resoruces....quickly... IMO
Old 06-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Trophy Trout

Don't take this the wrong way but Duck, do you fish big lake often? I've lived on the water at big lake for the last 8 years and have fished it for over 20 years. It has it's up's and downs, some years we hammering the really big trout, other years we're not. I see tons of fish being brought to the docks daily when the conditions are right, BUT when the weather turns off and the conditions get tough, there are only a handful that get anywhere near their limits. In my opion, 25 trout was a very liberal amount, trout fishing has exploded, their are 3 times the boats on the water now as their was just a few years ago. Are you wanting a 25 fish limit on the lake? What exactly is your beef with the lake?
Old 06-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Redfish

Default Big

I fished big lake and sabine lake for about 25 years then moved to baton rouge and fish out of grand isle now. The only issue I have is that why do people want to have just a trophy lake and what is the big deal if someone wants to soak some live bait. I mean a trophy lake is only going to attract more people is that what big lake people wanted. To me it was and then people complain about the boats and the out of state crowd that is what you get when you make yourself out as a trophy lake. I am not saying its bad but every wheres else along the LA coast catchs just as big of fish as big lake maybe not as many. From fishing in texas some of my life big trout are like big deer to texas people and I see big lake going down that road before to long. I just would hate to see my kids oneday think its all about size and not about just going and having fun.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Trophy Trout

I see your point and your right, since the classification of Trophy Lake, i've seen a huge increase in the amount of out of state, especially texas, fishermen, nothing wrong with that but they soley come looking for big trout now and they come in big numbers! I think the lake can support both type of fishermen. I personally enjoy doing both, some days i just want to go have fun and catch a bunch of fish, other days i enjoy looking for that one big bite, different strokes for different folks i guess. I raise my 5 kids to enjoy fishing, we go after trout, redfish, dinks, hard heads, croker, what ever, they just want to catch fish, it's funny though, sometimes they do say dad, lets go get us some big trout! Human nature to want to be the best and catch the biggest. And about soaking some live bait, that's all tongue in cheek, wouldn't take that seriously at all, heck, i'll admit, when that lake gets hot in late summer i'll be the first to go soak me some live bait down in them deeps looking for that one big lunker, besides, nothing better than soaking and having a few brews under the ole umbrella!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Banned

leave texas outta this! we got plenty quality fish!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarham View Post

Just libral limits and no #'s......
Old 06-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Redfish

Default LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarham View Post
Texas dont have a clue what to do with there salt water fishing when I can go catch in an hour what it takes you 2 weeks to catch and what kills me is Texas people like catching sharks, makrel all kinds of dumb stuff and then they think they did something by catching it freaking amazing.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck77777 View Post
Texas dont have a clue what to do with there salt water fishing when I can go catch in an hour what it takes you 2 weeks to catch and what kills me is Texas people like catching sharks, makrel all kinds of dumb stuff and then they think they did something by catching it freaking amazing.

They love Black Drum....I seen hundred of reports on 2cool and even saw someone boga griping a Gaftop! I agree Texas fishing is a joke!!! They think catching 5 trout is awesome...Then they say we rape our resources but yet flock here to catch fish!!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

again the ol croakers, and texas BS...yawn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg (23.7 KB, 148 views)
File Type: gif jerry.gif (2.0 KB, 148 views)
Old 06-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
They love Black Drum....I seen hundred of reports on 2cool and even saw someone boga griping a Gaftop! I agree Texas fishing is a joke!!! They think catching 5 trout is awesome...Then they say we rape our resources but yet flock here to catch fish!!!!
flock where matagorda bay?
Old 06-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

gotta hate whem people boga grip gafttops...
Old 06-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Fool why you killed that gaftop...look at the belly its full of eggs.....
Old 06-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Banned

it's not a gaftop
Old 06-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
it's not a gaftop
What do you call it?
Old 06-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Banned