SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843
Churn Grand Isle This Weekend

I get to go to the Island this weekend and try to tear up some yellow mouths. Anybody else gonna be out there this weekend? Anybody know what they are biting on? this will be the first I go in like 10 years. I cannot fricken wait.....I prolly won't even sleep tonight.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

i havent been to GI in about 4 years. last time we went we tore um up and had a blast. my buddy has a camp down there and said they have been killing them on shrimp and finger mullet. he said he caught a limit on the beach the other night just messing around. he dosent fish much artificial so i dont know what they are biting on plastic.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Dark color plastics for the last 7 days .
tides are better this weekend and if the water is reasonably clean i will be throwing top water sat an sun mornings till around 7;30 then going to blurp drunk monkey or electric chicken double rigs
Old 06-05-2009, 06:35 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

I went down there last weekend and 16 of us caught limits everyday and never touched any live bait. We fished Elmers Island in the early morning and caught our limits. Then went out to the oyster reef in the bay, bird island, and the beach east of the fort and picked up some more. I think that was the prettiest I have ever seen the water in Grande Isle.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default G.I.

Since i'm finally getting to go to the island again , The water will probably be like chocolate milk this weekend.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Ol fashion speck rigs have NEVER failed me in G.I..............Good luck!! Can't wait to see the report.............Tim
Old 06-07-2009, 08:43 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843
Cool The Fishing Report

Well we got out to the island Friday night and launched the boat at 5:30 at Bridge side marina. We bought some live bait just in case. We tried fishing the rocks but saw no one catching anything so we move on to some rigs in the Bay. We started catching white trout, but that was not what we were after, so we moved to one of the queen bess rigs and started catching the specs on live croakers, shrimp, cacahoe minnows, and artificial. But the catch was you had to get them in the boat before the dolphins would steal the prize!! We did pretty well and only lost one to them, but the old guys next to us lost almost every fish they caught. Kinda sad, but funny. We finished the day with not quite our limit, but I did catch my first spanish mackeral!!