SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 09-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 9-15-17 Calcasieu River

I was raised and lived on the river around old town bay up until hurricane Rita took my place. So easy to just go to ur own dock jump in the boat and go fishing for couple hours. Used to catch white perch like crazy and some big ones. Had some over 3 pounds mounted but Rita took them too. Anyway with all the fresh water in the lake still decided to make a trip up north and see if some of my old holes still produced fish. The river doesn't clear up anymore up there like it used to so I had my doubts. Today u can see about 8" down and that's about as good as it gets. Went up to Dans Bay and first spot didn't even get a bite. 2nd spot was straight across river on other bank so trolled over there. Right off the bat hooked one and fishing 6 and 1/2 feet deep with cork and went to put it in boat and hit the side and off it went. One of the better ones too. Anyway after an hour or so had 15 in livewell. Had one more spot I really wanted to try in old town bay on way back to camp. Quickly picked up 4-5 more there and that was enough to make a nice mess of fish to fry Sunday watching football. Always have specks, reds, and flounder in freezer but have not had or caught white perch in almost 15 years. So easy and trees provide nice shade lol. I didn't fish any of my spots along the main river cause I thought it was just too muddy. The big saddle blankets always came from tree tops along main river but the water in the bays was just a little more clear . Didn't catch any real big and had some really small ones but was nice to still be able to catch white perch on the Calcasieu River. I will for sure plan a day to go fish all my old spots and see if the big ones are still in there. I like to tight line for those down in the tree tops in 20 to 25 feet of water. Like I said these were small but as dirty as the water is these days I was suprised u could still catch em. They got it eat! Good luck all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1321.jpg (117.3 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1320.jpg (71.0 KB, 158 views)
Old 09-15-2017, 03:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Sry mods I should of posted under freshwater fishing reports. Don't think I can move it.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Sweet meat! Nice haul.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2017, 08:25 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

very nice