SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:13 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001
Default Sureride boat trailer???

POS or decent trailer??
Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,530

its what I got, but an old one! still kickin'
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 05-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

I have had one for ~ 8 years.

My fender support brackets broke........check where the holes are drilled for the mounting bolts. The piece of flat bar metal was too small and this created a "weak" spot that broke after ~ 18 months use. Maybe this brace is made with a heaver duty flat bar now????

If you are going to use the trailer in saltwater.....recommend that you re-mount the lights up high enough to keep the lights from going under water when launching your boat. I had to replace several lights and many bulbs before moving the lights up high.

The suport brackets that hold up the running boards rusted badly after ~ 7 years and I changed the running board design.

No other problems.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I have had one for ~ 8 years.

My fender support brackets broke........check where the holes are drilled for the mounting bolts. The piece of flat bar metal was too small and this created a "weak" spot that broke after ~ 18 months use. Maybe this brace is made with a heaver duty flat bar now????

If you are going to use the trailer in saltwater.....recommend that you re-mount the lights up high enough to keep the lights from going under water when launching your boat. I had to replace several lights and many bulbs before moving the lights up high.

The suport brackets that hold up the running boards rusted badly after ~ 7 years and I changed the running board design.

No other problems.
you supposed to unplug your lights before you back in the water
Old 05-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
That still won't keep the insides from rusting out.

I have not had any problems with the lighs in the past 2 years and I don't have to unplug the lights any more.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:56 AM
Redfish

Cash: 661
Cheers

I have had four sureride trailers over the years all held up pretty good. as far as the lights, spend the money on some led's and never have to worry about rust or unplugging your lights. But not the 20 dollar ones at walmart. Have to spend around 60-70 bucks and get some good sealed ones.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:04 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

I run the round sealed lights that do not allow water in them in the first place. It's the same type of lights on 18 wheeler trailers that fit into the rubber grommet. The so called submersible lights are a joke.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
I've never unplugged mine and have never had a problem. I don't know anybody that unplugs them either.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

well I've seen lights blow out countless times from not unplugging them. the LEDs dont need to be but most of the regular bulb kind arent waterproof and soon as that water hits that hot glass it shatters. had it happen on my brand new boat trailer, happened to our old cajun special, and seen it at the landing several times
Old 05-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,142

I use the lights that are sealed on top and open on the bottom...........the trapped air keeps the water from hitting the bulb and the open bottom doesnt trap moisture.......No water on hot bulb, and no rusting............Cheap at academy.........
Old 05-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 972
Default Here a picture of my 1995 Sureride trailer

Bought my new from Sports Shop know as (Fred Parnells) with my Louisiana Sportsman boat new in 1995. The way they rigged it I hated it and rarely used this boat. Had a few things broken a year after I bought it and went to plant in Mathsion, MS which is by Columbus, MS or Miss State to get parts when I worked in Jackson, MS. Really kept me from using my boat as much as I wanted. They actually put small car tires on this trailer. Guy at the plant said man the dealers are dropping me like flies due to they think my trailers are junk. I had to really keep my mouth shut on this one. Its an ok trailer I had other boats and not as well built as other brands out there.

In 2005 I rerigged my boat which was a chore due to iron on it was smaller than typical trailer that size. Finally found parts change boards, changed springs, spare & larger boat trailer tires from a tire dealer for a cut on roofing material prices in 2008, all new bolts, couldn't cut and coupler so I bought the replacement parts out, and put LED lights from Optronics.

Since then the only problem I had was 2 lights on the Optronic had a few small lights go out. Called Optronic & took picture which I sent to them. Within a week they sent me new lights for free due to lifetime warranty.

Now as ugly as the outboard is once I ripped off that oil injection and bought a new fuel pump runs like a champ. Not pretty but paid for and works, so don't laugh. Cheap on gas and does what I need it to do and now that I got the trailer fixed up it rides smoother and easier to launch and load. I even brought it up to North MS to catch smallmouth bass.

Yeah, I keep it chained and the tires chained or it would walk quick in my neighborhood.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (29.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (60.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (57.5 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (43.0 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by jlsch1; 05-07-2010 at 12:38 PM.