SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
As much as you bass fish and you never been to toledo? You missing out....I like sam rayborn whice is not much longer of a drive. Of course rayborn is at record lows too right now. Nice catch Evin

been once for sacalait when i was super young.. Only time. It was freezing cold didn't get to bass fish much.

Nobody likes to invite me and i have no clue where to go over there especially with the low water. My brother now lives about an hour away so I may make a weekend with him one day and go hit it, but he also lives 2 minutes from sibley which is a fun lake.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Redfish

Cash: 685

No nighttime fishing. We were having enough luck in the morning and afternoons that we didn't fish at night. We would launch at first light at 5:45 and would fish until around 11am. Come in for lunch, take a nap and get back on the water around 4 and fish until 8:30ish. It was bearable in the daytime with temps only being around 90 or so with a good bit of clouds to keep it cooler.

We caught most of our fish in 10-20 feet of water. The only time we fished in deeper water was when we found schooling bass.

Also meant to mention that on saturday afternoon, driving from the boat launch back to the cabin right around last light, we saw a large group of hogs in the grassy area next to the road behind the dam. Gave me the itch...come on October. Can't wait for deer season.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

Great Job Im heading there Thursday
Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvinFord View Post
No nighttime fishing. We were having enough luck in the morning and afternoons that we didn't fish at night. We would launch at first light at 5:45 and would fish until around 11am. Come in for lunch, take a nap and get back on the water around 4 and fish until 8:30ish. It was bearable in the daytime with temps only being around 90 or so with a good bit of clouds to keep it cooler.

We caught most of our fish in 10-20 feet of water. The only time we fished in deeper water was when we found schooling bass.

Also meant to mention that on saturday afternoon, driving from the boat launch back to the cabin right around last light, we saw a large group of hogs in the grassy area next to the road behind the dam. Gave me the itch...come on October. Can't wait for deer season.
seen a big group of hogs at the dam a few times and last time I fished Mill Creek seen over 20