SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,544
Default Response from David Vitter on gun control

Sent letters to our congressman and senators only that has replied is David Vitter....

Of course no response from Mary Landrieu...

Dear Mr. Taylor,

Thank you for contacting me to voice your opposition to new gun control laws in response to the recent school shootings in Connecticut and California . I appreciate hearing your views, and I agree with you.

In the wake of these tragedies , many in Washington are calling for increased restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms, arguing that it will help to reduce gun violence. For example, Senator Feinstein (D-CA) has announced plans to re introduce a ban on assault weapons and to limit magazine capacity. Also, President Obama has signed 23 executive actions and has called on Congress to pass legislation, including background checks for all firearms sales . However, as many supporters of the Second Amendment have pointed out, increased restrictions do little to affect the actions of criminals, who by definition do not abide by the law. Instead, they restrict the rights of law-abiding Americans.

I am a firm believer and ardent supporter of the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment. This constitutional right, and our heritage of using firearms for sporting and self-defense purposes, does not have to be sacrificed to reduce gun-related violence. Instead, w e should focus on enforcing the extensive laws already in place and turn our attention to more appropriate measures , such as increasing the safety of our schools and keep ing guns out of the hands of those who may be mentally incapable of owning them responsibly .

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about other issues important to you and your family.

The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

I voted for him
Old 01-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

He sent the same response to me except, it began, Mr. Fisher.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
But he couldn't have done that because I got it and it said Mr Andrus
Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 758

And mine says Mr. Duhon... LOL
Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Mine said Gooh, and I cussed him for referring to them as assault weapons.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Entering A World of Pain

yeah its a canned response but better than nothing at all
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
yeah its a canned response but better than nothing at all
Much better response than what was received from Mary Landrieu.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

I got a automated response from mary landrieu, it was just letting me know that she got it.lol
Old 02-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Response from Mr. Boustany:

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on President Obama's gun control proposals. It is good to hear from you.

Tragedy struck Newtown, Connecticut when a mentally-ill individual turned a weapon, stolen from his mother's home, on twenty children and six faculty members at Sandy Hook Elementary School. As a nation, we mourn the senseless loss of life and all agree steps must be taken to prevent a tragedy of this magnitude in the future.

However, there is vast disagreement on how to address this problem. On January 16th , President Obama announced a package of 23 executive actions and legislative proposals attempting to address the Newtown tragedy. Sadly, the President's proposals largely fall short of addressing the underlying causes of this attack. In South Louisiana, we know guns are merely an avenue for sick people to commit heinous crimes; they are not the root cause. Responsible gun owners are protected under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. A tragedy of this magnitude should never be used to impose an anti-gun ideological agenda on law-abiding American citizens.

I sent two letters to the White House making it clear I will oppose any legislation or an Executive Order which prevents law-abiding Americans from responsibly exercising their Second Amendment rights, including any attempt to prevent ownership of certain firearms or ammunition. I also warned the President that he is bound by the Constitution to work with Congress to pursue any legislative remedies – rather than unilaterally act via Executive Order. The American people deserve and the Constitution requires a transparent and open discussion on issues of such national importance.

The President's proposals fail to recognize that simply having access to a firearm does not cause murderous intent or criminal nature. I have always fought hard to protect our Second Amendment rights and am A-rated by the NRA for my legislative record. I will stand firm on this principle and work to ensure law-abiding gun owners in South Louisiana are not punished for the actions of one mentally-ill individual.

Thank you again for contacting me. I encourage you to check in with me on Facebook by clicking here . You can also visit my website at www.boustany.house.gov for the latest on press releases, opinions, pictures, and e-newsletters.

Sincerely,

Charles Boustany,Jr., MD
Member of Congress
Old 02-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition to add to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already obtained over the course of the last 10 months alone, figures which have stoked concerns that the federal agency is preparing for civil unrest.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Entering A World of Pain

I have the link in another thread
Old 02-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition to add to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already obtained over the course of the last 10 months alone, figures which have stoked concerns that the federal agency is preparing for civil unrest.
Do we as citizens, not have the right to know the reason behind amassing that quantity of ammo? There can be no legitimate reason behind that. And the left wing TV networks would never dream of investigating.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
Do we as citizens, not have the right to know the reason behind amassing that quantity of ammo? There can be no legitimate reason behind that. And the left wing TV networks would never dream of investigating.
They can amass all the rounds they want, when they fire on their own citizens (us), they will have kicked a hornets nest and public opinion will turn to $hit. Ex. Waco Tx. Branch Davidians, which of course led to retaliatory acts like Timothy McVeigh and Oklahoma City.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
X2
Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
X2
????? Why did mine say Mr. Fisher though????
Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Got the same letter.
Also got this one in response to a letter to the Governor about bringing gun manufacturers to Louisiana.

Mr. Duhon,

Thank you for your letter concerning gun manufacturing opportunities for the state of Louisiana. We have closely monitored the legislative activity across the United States. Louisiana is actively pursuing opportunities with gun manufacturing companies. Bringing high paying jobs to citizens across the state of Louisiana has and will continue to be a top priority. Thank you again for your suggestion, and we will continue our efforts in bringing more gun manufacturing to our state.

Regards,

Michael Pernici
Senior Manager, Business Development
Louisiana Economic Development

Office 225.342.5566

www.opportunitylouisiana.com
Old 02-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Got that one too, Bud.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Trophy Trout

It would be nice if any of them actually stood behind any of these letters.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by budndawn View Post
It would be nice if any of them actually stood behind any of these letters.
No joke!! Or how many of the politicians will go back on their word when they get kickbacks from the Feds for support