SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 09-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838
Default Does anyone own a SCB boat?

About to fly to the factory and order one and just seeing if anyone local has one. Likes and dislikes about it. I fished out of one in Florida and loved it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442794965.038266.jpg

Sent from the baddest GYM in La
Old 09-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,225

I have a buddy who owned a full tunnel F-22 for a couple of years and I fished extensively with him out of it. It was very fast (90+mph), very well built, but not well suited for rough water. It was very nice to fish out of as long as the water was calm. I imagine that the 255 Widebody in your photo handles the slop a lot better than the F-22, but I don't have any personal experience with the 255. I have been to the factory and have met Eric on a couple of different occasions. He is a great guy and it is very apparent at his shop that he and his team take pride in building every boat
Old 09-21-2015, 05:41 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

I don't have any personal experience with them but that sure is one sweet looking boat!
Old 09-21-2015, 06:06 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Sick looking boat and looks like they float very shallow. But just like any other boat there is always a trade off. Rough water looks like it would not be the best ride.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:35 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,308

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballFisherman View Post
I have a buddy who owned a full tunnel F-22 for a couple of years and I fished extensively with him out of it. It was very fast (90+mph), very well built, but not well suited for rough water. It was very nice to fish out of as long as the water was calm. I imagine that the 255 Widebody in your photo handles the slop a lot better than the F-22, but I don't have any personal experience with the 255. I have been to the factory and have met Eric on a couple of different occasions. He is a great guy and it is very apparent at his shop that he and his team take pride in building every boat

I had a top cat. I feel the same as you about them. Fished great but when the water would get rough it wasn't very pleasant to ride in. I did test drive a stingray and it handled the rough water a lot better but when I was ready to buy the $$$ was right on the top cat so I pulled the trigger on it. I should have spent a little more and got the stingray.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:58 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

I went to look at one but I couldn't get past the fit and finish work to even go on a test ride. Seemed like a very solid, well built boat but to me was lacking in a lot of smaller details for the asking price.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:17 AM
Trophy Trout

Great guys thanks. Yes the wide body handles so much better in rough water.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

I thought SCB always made the claim that the cat design rode much better than a V shaped hull? They claim that's one, of the many, advantages of the cat design.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:17 AM
Redfish

Cash: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl8200 View Post
I thought SCB always made the claim that the cat design rode much better than a V shaped hull? They claim that's one, of the many, advantages of the cat design.

They do ride better at higher speeds when it's choppy. Most guys get scared going that fast in the slop. But SCB has never claimed that it rides better in the open bays. It's fast and more shallow than most out there. You don't get everything in one package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2015, 12:50 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

Fullrut, I have run both. The SCB wide body is a big water beast. I rode it in Galveston bay when it was blowing 20 mph. Excellent rough water ride. I would be happy taking it offshore too.

The Stingray is a 22ft go fast low profile rig. It will haul the mail and lots or tourney guys like it. The Recon is a 24 shallow draft rig (9 inches) that is quick enough, but not like the Stingray.

I owned the first 'sit-down' bubble console SCB built, back in 2005. The SCB rigging is top notch, no corners cut on the wiring or plumbing. Eric will shoot straight with you on what his boats can do. Big water performance, draft, etc. Just a super guy in my book. He can put you in touch with other owners - just ask.

Here is the blast from the past pic :-) It ran 84.4 with a Mercury 250 XS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (22.6 KB, 376 views)
Old 09-21-2015, 01:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Look into the Tran boats they have a cat and a v-bow, vary well built and fitted, and was about half the cost!! That was a year ago.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Runs 90mph when winds are 5mph or less

Runs 20 mph and you get soaking wet with winds above 10mph
Old 09-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Default Does anyone own a SCB boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter77346 View Post
Fullrut, I have run both. The SCB wide body is a big water beast. I rode it in Galveston bay when it was blowing 20 mph. Excellent rough water ride. I would be happy taking it offshore too.

The Stingray is a 22ft go fast low profile rig. It will haul the mail and lots or tourney guys like it. The Recon is a 24 shallow draft rig (9 inches) that is quick enough, but not like the Stingray.

I owned the first 'sit-down' bubble console SCB built, back in 2005. The SCB rigging is top notch, no corners cut on the wiring or plumbing. Eric will shoot straight with you on what his boats can do. Big water performance, draft, etc. Just a super guy in my book. He can put you in touch with other owners - just ask.

Here is the blast from the past pic :-) It ran 84.4 with a Mercury 250 XS

Yes talked to him today adding this to the fleet strictly for redfish tournaments so the money isn't a issue. He convinced me to choose one of the smaller two once I get there and drive both of them.

Really appreciate your help skeeter

Old 10-02-2015, 12:40 AM
Redfish

Cash: 648

I have a stingray sport and love it. If you are looking for comfort in ALL conditions I would recommend the wide body or sv-22. The ride in the stingray sport depends on wave spacing in rough conditions. If you can stay on top of the waves the ride is fine but if the waves are spaced to far you will have to pull back and and ride it out. The boat is surprisingly dry unless you get in weather with high winds and spaced waves. Eric is a great guy and I am sure he can arrange a test ride with someone if you are interested.