SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 975
Default Did our vote really count???

I know I don’t have to tell you that your right to keep and bear arms hangs by a thread in Washington.

But with the most supposedly "pro-gun" Louisiana State Legislature in modern history scheduled to convene on Monday, will lawmakers in Baton Rouge and Governor Bobby Jindal do anything to protect your Second Amendment rights?

I'm afraid the answer might be NO.

More on that in a minute.

Now, you may remember that lawmakers put Amendment 2 on the ballot last year to strengthen your right to keep and bear arms in the State Constitution.

It passed with the OVERWHELMING support of the citizens of Louisiana.

Now, it's time for Governor Jindal and lawmakers to own up to their promises to you, the will of the voters, and the U.S. and Louisiana State Constitutions.

It's time to repeal the anti-gun laws on the books in Louisiana enact Constitutional Carry in statute.

Constitutional Carry is a bill that would simply allow law-abiding citizens to carry a firearm concealed, for self-defense without the need to first obtain a government-issued permission slip.

This is law of the land in Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming, and Vermont.

But some lawmakers want to treat the new pro-gun language in the Constitution the same way as the last -- by TREADING ON IT!

Current Louisiana state law forces you to go down to the police station, be fingerprinted and photographed like a common criminal, turn over confidential medical records, and court records -- even including divorce records -- and pay a tax of at least $120.

Then IF your local police department deems you worthy enough of your right to keep and bear arms they'll send you a permission slip... up four months later!

This archaic standard only serves to restrict your right to keep and bear arms, while preserving it for the wealthy or politically connected.

Worse, it's UNCONSTITUTIONAL -- especially since Amendment 2 was adopted.

Lawmakers now have an even greater obligation to adopt Constitutional Carry into state law.

Unfortunately, without your pressure, I'm not sure they will.

The bill wasn't even been prefiled!

You see, some of them think sending the amendment to the voters was "good enough."

They think they've already paid lip-service to you and have no obligation to govern by the Constitution.

The sad truth is, some lawmakers simply wanted to use the Amendment as cover so they could look "pro-gun" without actually doing anything.

Worse, Governor Bobby Jindal has already come out swinging to bring President Obama and billionaire-playboy New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's gun control schemes to Louisiana.

In a recent interview, Jindal bestowed his blessing on a plot to strip more law-abiding citizens of Louisiana of their right to keep and bear arms.

Governor Bobby Jindal every tortured anti-gun cliché when announcing he will push for a state-run "mental health" database to be given to the Federal Government for National Instant Check System (NICS) background checks.

This is shocking!

Louisiana state law currently prohibits the state from providing mental health record to NICS, and Amendment 2 holds that ANY restriction on your gun rights would be held to the "highest standard of review by a court."

But evidently the Constitution and the voters don't mean much to Governor Jindal.

He's taken it upon himself to advocate for stripping the rights of law-abiding citizens WITHOUT DUE PROCESS

And he's even teaming up with Representative Henry Burns (R-9) who will introduce a variant of this anti-gun bill on Monday -- HB-21.

You see, Governor Jindal has his sights set on higher office and wants desperately to appear as “reasonable” to the elites in the liberal media.

Where I am from they call that pandering.

David, I'm afraid if you don't take action now, everything gun owners fought for in last year's push for Amendment 2 could be in vein

Your legislature is scheduled to convene on Monday.

Here is what you can do:

1.) Contact your State Representative at (225) 342-6945.
2.) Contact your State Senator at (225) 342-2040
Insist that they comply with Amendment 2 by introducing AND passing a Constitutional Carry bill like Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming or Vermont.

Urge them to OPPOSE all anti-gun legislation, including HB-21.

3.) Then contact Governor Bobby Jindal at (225) 342-7015.

Send him an email by
clicking here.
Send him a message on
Facebook.

Insist he abandon his support for Obama-Bloomberg backed gun control.

Urge him to publicly side with Louisiana voters by supporting a Constitutional Carry bill to bring Louisiana law in compliance with Amendment 2

The legislature won't be in session for long.

Whatever happens, count on it happening FAST.

There is no time to lose!

For Freedom,

Dudley Brown
Executive Vice President

P.S. Governor Bobby Jindal has announced his support for anti-gun legislation that flies in the face of the Constitutional Amendment YOU just approved in November.

The legislature is scheduled to convene next week and now has to choose between complying with Louisiana voters or cowering to Governor Jindal's proposed sell-out.

Here is what you can do:

1.) Contact your State Representative at (225) 342-6945.
2.) Contact your State Senator at (225) 342-2040
Insist that they comply with Amendment 2 by introducing AND passing a Constitutional Carry bill like Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming and Vermont.

3.) Then contact Governor Bobby Jindal at (225) 342-7015.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

Not getting my vote. I like the requirement of a training course before someone can legally conceal carry.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

I'm sorry I very pro gun but I don't like the idea of every Tom, **** and Harry carrying a concealed weapon where ever they please. There are to many idiots out there. Seriously, what's the big deal about taking a class that will teach you, your rights and responsibility's as a liscensed carrier? How many people other than former military and police have received any actual firearm training? Just because you own a gun does not mean you should carry it concealed in public.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Government has zero right to be involved in your Gun Rights and what or how you carry them

2nd admendment is the only gun permit I need
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

I'll agree wit the class but I don't agree with fingerprinting and background checks, or being put in a database, and especially having to pay $125.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

You have to take hunter's safety in order to hunt, and there is a database of people with hunter's safety (most being gun owners), so I don't think there is anything wrong with a requirement for training to concealed carry a firearm.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Required training is one big registration sweep in my eyes.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Required training is one big registration sweep in my eyes.
BINGO
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 04-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Its been required to take a class for many many years. I didn't lime the fingerprint idea either, but went thru with it anyway. Yes, in registered now, but there was no way to get around it. I actually agree with needing the class. Otherwise we'll hace a bunch of Seth Fontenots running around shooting at every suspicious looking vehicle
Old 04-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545

get ready ladies...

States look to tax guns, ammo

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...dment/2049363/
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 04-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Problem is that the ones you dont want to carry a gun in public are the ones that do carry without a permit. Im all for free carry rights. I think not enough people carry as it is.