SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 7-5-17 still dirty

ended up with a limit of trout and one red. all trout just over 12". not worthy of pics but going to eat good tonight. water is dirty everywhere. gonna wait another 5 days and try again. most fish came in west cove, 10, and finished off limit down by ferry with 5.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Flounder

Cash: 406

You sure, yesterday, South of block 218 we found the water turned green & salty!
Old 07-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Flounder

Cash: 600

Same here we caught over 50 that were under, just under 12 that we threw back ended up with 20 keepers, fished at blue Bayou, Hackberry area, water still low and dirty, but birds were feeding everywhere today, but just not enough big specks, way too many small ones, but we had a blast anyway, better than a day at the office 👍

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,039

Ditto on the above. Brother in law and I bumped into @mem1971 in west cove. He was nice enough to put us on some fish as we were struggling. Boated a few trout, mostly dinks, then beat the banks for a few reds. Water was mostly undesirable everywhere. Ended up with like 6 specs, 7 reds, and a sheepshead in the box. Not too terrible for crap water on a slack tide day. And sure as hell beat cutting the grass.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:14 AM
Flounder

Cash: 501

Sounds like a lot of good results for the conditions. Tough fishing, but at least catching.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

water was getting better in the channel and I did catch 5 trout and a red down there. But still could not see the foot of my trolling motor anywhere I stopped. Its better, but still dirty for the most part. But where alexm and I caught trout in west cove was really dirty so they still have to eat. A couple birds picking is wat made me go out there from oyster bayou but before I even got to them birds were gone. I quickly boxed 5 keepers then called alexm over. We both had live shrimp and were able to keep the school there for an hour or so. hard heads were mixed in with a lot of small trout so I decided to go find pogies and search for better fish. you are right marshmellow water was somewhat better in some areas down there and had I known id been down there earlier. The 5 I caught there were better fish for sure and cant wait for water to clear up. Actually cant wait for north end to clear up. U can go fish birds and catch a lot of undersized fish right now for sure. Also caught 5 black drum that were right at 16" I could of boxed but didn't. Day of rest and be back out by sunday for sure. Good Luck!