SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub View Post
Contrary to that service I had terrible service at your dealership. Thanks for selling me a POS truck. 30 days after I bought it from you guys the transmission went out. Really appreciate it
Because they made the truck, right?
Old 06-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Flounder

Cash: 566

Quote:
Contrary to that service I had terrible service at your dealership. Thanks for selling me a POS truck. 30 days after I bought it from you guys the transmission went out. Really appreciate it
So did they fix it for you?
Old 06-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Redfish

Cash: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Wave 2200 View Post
Go to Houston. David McDavid Nissan. Know some folks that bought from there. Beat LC hands down on trade and new Nissan.
Do you live in Texas? Thats right go spend Louisiana hard earn money in Texas!!!! Dumb statement
Old 06-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,440

I'm very lucky because I hate getting price from a salesman. They company give us a code for when we decide to buy. So I know what the price is before I go to dealer. So when I'm ready to buy, I just call or go by. Tell salesmen what I want and get him to say what he will give me for trade. Have been buying from Gulf Coast in Jennings. Have always had great service there.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:09 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozediver View Post
Do you live in Texas? Thats right go spend Louisiana hard earn money in Texas!!!! Dumb statement
I do not live in Texas and agree with spending my money local but we are currently in the market for a vehicle and we have looked around Baton Rouge. Just out of curiosity I looked on eBay for new vehicles and found a dealership in Texas that is advertising the same vehicle as here for $4000 cheaper and with lifetime power train warranty. I did contact one of the salesman here that I was dealing with to ask him if he could match it and he said no way. I have not contacted the Texas dealership yet but I do plan on it in a couple weeks when I'm ready to buy.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
I do not live in Texas and agree with spending my money local but we are currently in the market for a vehicle and we have looked around Baton Rouge. Just out of curiosity I looked on eBay for new vehicles and found a dealership in Texas that is advertising the same vehicle as here for $4000 cheaper and with lifetime power train warranty. I did contact one of the salesman here that I was dealing with to ask him if he could match it and he said no way. I have not contacted the Texas dealership yet but I do plan on it in a couple weeks when I'm ready to buy.
Read the fine print on the " lifetime ppowertrain" policy. You prolly would have to do all your service there at a ridiculous price" Live in Louisiana, earn Louisiana money buy in Louisiana. The car you are looking at in Texas might nit have same equipment pack. Or better yet been in some kind of let say hail damage,, insurance paid them off and guess what u buy a car with 10k in damage and they fixed it up and of course they will sell it to you for $4000 less and still made $6000 off off you and plus $10k from the insurance company.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Quote:
So did they fix it for you?
Let me be a little more clear because I didn't not speak 100% truth...99% though. I was 3 days out of the 30 day warranty. The salesman talked me out of an extended warranty and pretty much told me it was useless. If I would have brought the truck in when I first noticed symptoms of the problem then it would have been less than 30 days from purchase. I thought it was coilpacks/sparkplugs bc f150's are bad about that, but a week or two later transmission goes out. I bought a "certified pre-owned" that went through a "powertrain program" or whatever its called. They (King/dealership) said there was NOTHING they could do about it besides replace the transmission to the tune of $3000. They also OFFERED to tow it and diagnose the problem for free, then tried to charge me $100 labor to diagnose the problem.

I'm not the person to sit around bashing a person or business so I will not do that here. I have someone that takes care of issues like this and I believe he will solve this problem in his own way. I just wanted to share my experience. I bought a used truck to hold me over for a year or two before I drop the $ on a brand new pickup truck, and now know where NOT to do business.

I'm an honest person that works my a$$ off for what I own and believe what goes around comes around and have seen it first hand many, many times. This statement does not even include the other issues that were not resolved in this experience. I hope that clears my previous statement up, as anyone that knows me, knows I wouldn't make this up.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Because they made the truck, right?
The issue isn't with Ford, I plan on buying another soon and during the process of buying my truck looked at vehicles for my ol lady with the intentions on using the dealership again. They sold me a truck that went through a "Powertrain Program" and the transmission went out within a month. They didn't stand behind their product.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Flounder

Cash: 626

Quote:
Let me be a little more clear because I didn't not speak 100% truth...99% though. I was 3 days out of the 30 day warranty. The salesman talked me out of an extended warranty and pretty much told me it was useless. If I would have brought the truck in when I first noticed symptoms of the problem then it would have been less than 30 days from purchase. I thought it was coilpacks/sparkplugs bc f150's are bad about that, but a week or two later transmission goes out. I bought a "certified pre-owned" that went through a "powertrain program" or whatever its called. They (King/dealership) said there was NOTHING they could do about it besides replace the transmission to the tune of $3000. They also OFFERED to tow it and diagnose the problem for free, then tried to charge me $100 labor to diagnose the problem.

I'm not the person to sit around bashing a person or business so I will not do that here. I have someone that takes care of issues like this and I believe he will solve this problem in his own way. I just wanted to share my experience. I bought a used truck to hold me over for a year or two before I drop the $ on a brand new pickup truck, and now know where NOT to do business.

I'm an honest person that works my a$$ off for what I own and believe what goes around comes around and have seen it first hand many, many times. This statement does not even include the other issues that were not resolved in this experience. I hope that clears my previous statement up, as anyone that knows me, knows I wouldn't make this up.

Bdub,

Respectfully, you may be confused or misunderstood. Let's get to the facts.
First, I'm very sorry that your transmission failed shortly after purchasing a truck from us. I don't take that lightly, and I understand your misfortune.
My first concern is that you say the transmission went out after your 30 day warranty, in which case our company is not responsible for replacing the transmission. You agreed to this when you signed your contract. You then said the transmission failed within the 30 day warranty. If this is so, I'll write you a check first thing Monday morning.
My second concern is that you say a salesman talked you out of purchasing an extended warranty. This is hard to understand because our salespeople make a living selling extended warranties. If in fact he talked you out of purchasing a warranty, shame on him. Ultimately, it is the buyer's responsibility to make this decision.
Next, you say you purchased a "certified pre-owned vehicle". All CPO vehicles that we sell come standard with a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. If your vehicle was Ford Certified, you would have a warranty that would have covered your transmission.
Then, you say you were offered a free tow and diagnostic that you were wrongfully charged $100 for. If this is true, I owe you $100 and would like to reimburse you.
Lastly, you've expressed "other issues". I want you to know that I care, and I take my customers business very seriously. I have a family to feed and I don't accomplish that without making my customers happy. PM me anytime if I can help you further.

Best,

King
Old 06-14-2013, 10:24 PM
Red Snapper

Like I said I'm not trying to bash you guys, just trying to share my experience here. I will send you more details tomorrow via private message. Besides the issues Ive experienced the truck is very clean and drives great. I don't want to put any more info out here if the problems could still be resolved.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Flounder

Cash: 626

^^^^Thanks Bdub. I'm here to help.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I purchased a CPO and I got the 100,000 mile warranty.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Flounder

Cash: 566

Quote:
I'll go where the deals are the best. If I find a good deal in La, then I'll buy in La. Not a dumb statement in my book.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,167

I shop for vehicles on Sunday, then call and make the deal on the phone.
If they got the right price and bring the vehicle to me, I ain't go no problem.
I ain't going to no dealership and haggle. I hate going to dealerships.
I am the customer. If they want ma bidness, they deliver and do paperwork at my house.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Redfish

Quote:
I'll go where the deals are the best. If I find a good deal in La, then I'll buy in La. Not a dumb statement in my book.
It's your money you do what you want, but the next time someone gets layoff or programs get cutted because of a lack of funds..DONT COMPLAIN!!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I shop for vehicles on Sunday, then call and make the deal on the phone.
If they got the right price and bring the vehicle to me, I ain't go no problem.
I ain't going to no dealership and haggle. I hate going to dealerships.
I am the customer. If they want ma bidness, they deliver and do paperwork at my house.

I know a guy who owns a couple crew boats who does this.

Did it for his son too.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
My wifes past 2 cars were located in Texas, then we got the local dealership to go get them and bring them to LC and we bought them from the local dealership.

The first one was with Bolton. On the second one, unfortunately, we didnt hear back from our salesman the following day like he said we would, and after a couple days of feet dragging we had to go Tarver to get it. It was a specific vehicle and both dealerships were looking at the same one that was located in Dallas, she really didnt want to lose it by waiting. Tarver was sending someone to get it right then. I still find service at Bolton and Tarver to be pretty equally comparable.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 502
FlagUS

Who wants to buy a foreign vehicle ANYWAY??????????
Old 06-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,127

Nothing wrong with foreign vehicles. My nissan has held up way past my expectations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-18-2013, 01:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Quote:
Read the fine print on the " lifetime ppowertrain" policy. You prolly would have to do all your service there at a ridiculous price" Live in Louisiana, earn Louisiana money buy in Louisiana. The car you are looking at in Texas might nit have same equipment pack. Or better yet been in some kind of let say hail damage,, insurance paid them off and guess what u buy a car with 10k in damage and they fixed it up and of course they will sell it to you for $4000 less and still made $6000 off off you and plus $10k from the insurance company.
Just read that fine print! Lifetime Powertrain Warrenty for no extra money. You pay ZERO for repairs ANYWHERE in the nation and they are a top rated seller with 100% positive feedback and that was out of 141 reviews. And these vehicles are brand new from the factory so I don't think you have to worry about hail damage. Think I'll drive to Texas and keep my hard earned money in my pocket.