SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion > Hunting Reports

Hunting Reports Read and share your hunting reports here!

Old 02-10-2014, 02:14 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393
Default Southern goose outfitters 9-8/9-9

Saturday Huntingfool came help me out on a conservation hunt. Mallardfish and a 3 buddy's joined us and I had the two other spots filled with a couple guys from Abbeville. Early on looked promising with good cloud cover and just enough wind. They were roosted so close to us we could hear em. We got settled in and waited for them to move. Something spooked them and they all got up at once but set right back down. Then again they all pop up. This time a couple flocks break off towards us. I cranked the ecaller up and a couple broke off towards us. They made one pass and worked perfectly into the kill zone like I had it planned. When I called the shot they were maybe 10 yards out going to land. Couple shots later they were dead in the decoys. And then the wait started again. The birds were there and we knew exactly where they were but they didn't budge. This group was were hardcore and were determined to stick it out. Finally about 5:45 they made their move. Only bad thing is now there was absolutely no wind! Our spread looked completely dead. We had a few flocks give us some looks but we didn't have the life in the spread to finish them. Sunday morning we were faced with even worse conditions. Absolutely no wind at all. The birds stayed refuge locked again and never moved. It was tough hunting and the conditions were stacked against us. Thanks to Chris for lining up the crew from Frank's and thanks Brayden for helping with the set up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392059706.397076.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392059719.012605.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2014, 02:16 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

We have no shortage of birds in the area just need better conditions to make em move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Same thing happened to us sunday birds by the thousands a few levees down and we cant buy a fricken goose. Specks looked like show hounds though.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Anytime man. They had me rolling all day long, definitely some troopers!