SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion > Hunting Reports

Hunting Reports Read and share your hunting reports here!

Old 12-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913
Default Hunted this weekend in Sherburne

I saw lots of deer killed but yet all I saw were dead ones and idiots. I hunted a pipeline where I thought nobody hunted and I found out lots of so called hunters do hunt it. Saturday afternoon at 3:00 pm or around there here come 4 hunters scouting. Then at three thirty I watch from my tree stand as a idiot sets up a tent blue and white in color up in my lane of fire about three hundred yards from me. This idiot was not wearing orange and was walking up and down all afternoon so needless to say him and the others ruined my work of scouting. I will now stick to going to the harder to reach areas as I have learned the easy ones aren't worth fighting idiots.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

I don't see how yall hunt public land. I would have lost my mind! Some people just don't think. I think I'll just keep paying dues & hunting private land.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

yep ,that's why i don't hunt there any more, prob. near the campground
Old 12-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter29 View Post
I saw lots of deer killed but yet all I saw were dead ones and idiots. I hunted a pipeline where I thought nobody hunted and I found out lots of so called hunters do hunt it. Saturday afternoon at 3:00 pm or around there here come 4 hunters scouting. Then at three thirty I watch from my tree stand as a idiot sets up a tent blue and white in color up in my lane of fire about three hundred yards from me. This idiot was not wearing orange and was walking up and down all afternoon so needless to say him and the others ruined my work of scouting. I will now stick to going to the harder to reach areas as I have learned the easy ones aren't worth fighting idiots.
Just wondering.......did those guys come in from east of where you hunt? Using 4 wheelers????

I hunted 2 different area on Friday and I did not see a Deer. Did have some shots fairly close. Several other hunters in the same general area, but we were fairly well spread out. Some of them must have done some of the shooting.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

To answer yalls questions I was no where near the camp ground and they came in by boat as that is the only way I know to get to where I was hunting. This was the first time I have had idiots ruin my hunt in the last four years. I now know better than to go to the Dixie pipeline and try to hunt there.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

That's why I'm not real big on trying to deer hunt on public land. I duck hunt on some public land a few times a year but that's only because if I want to duck hunt I have no choice but to hunt there...
Old 12-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Banned

i'm going out to sherburne to do some duck hunting soon
Old 12-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
i'm going out to sherburne to do some duck hunting soon
You planning to go to South Farm?

Sec 120 does not seem to have very many ducks this year. The water is very high, so any duck must be up in the trees....did not see any flying.