SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 06-23-2018, 03:07 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 6-23-18 Finally find some Crappie deep

Launched at white oak around 545. River high and muddied up. Was just over a foot clear a few days ago. With water conditions not good and a Saturday I wasn't feeling it and then I notice my shiners are little bitty babies and that's never good! But I been laying in bed or on couch at work for 7 days with pulled or torn muscle and I'm just ready to be outside and on water! Fish 3-4 spots from 6-845 and catching little bitty babies on them baby shiners. Caught 20 or so and boxed 10 and they still smaller than I like. With this high and muddy water main river is gonna have some current but have to try a deep hole to see. Two little baby white perch on wat used to be my best deep hole. But only caught them there this year once and was like 15. It's almost 10 and boats are everywhere making fishing the main river almost impossible so I leave that spot heading for watermelon bay. They small in bays and cuts but I'm thinking with these shiners may be all I can get. I'm headed that way and I see a big tree that fell about a month ago. Been wanting to try it but it's new and in deep water and have not been catching deep yet so didn't try. As I pass by I notice there are two trees that fell at same time and it's on a turn in river in a place where I'm thinking current may not be too bad so I go have a look. As fast as I could get back in water I catch a dozen or so and losing a bunch wrapping me up in the branches. About the time I learn how to fish it good without getting hung up too much the boats and jet skis are everywhere like someone opened the gates and let em all out!! At times waves were so bad I almost fell down a couple times. But in between the waves I'm catching and they are slabs. I love finding a new Crappie hole. Almost like a new lady lol!!!! At noon I just can't take this beating anymore and it's muddied up now from all the waves but when I left there were still biting just had to wait for water to calm down . I'm almost positive this new hole will produce a limit of Crappie soon!! I'll be back! On a week day though! O I boxed 20 or more right there in the hour I was there and have no doubt if not for all the boats I'd limited out. It's gonna be a good one!! If I'd found these first I wouldn't of boxed those small 10 earlier! So glad to see them deep. They get bunched up in big numbers and always bigger in deep water. All fish caught in 15-20 feet of water fishing 6 to 10 feet down with and a couple a foot off bottom. Back at white oak for noon and it's hot! Like a sauna with this heat after all that rain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1725.jpg (58.3 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1720.jpg (33.2 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1724.jpg (68.1 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1723.jpg (68.9 KB, 211 views)
Old 06-23-2018, 09:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
Launched at white oak around 545. River high and muddied up. Was just over a foot clear a few days ago. With water conditions not good and a Saturday I wasn't feeling it and then I notice my shiners are little bitty babies and that's never good! But I been laying in bed or on couch at work for 7 days with pulled or torn muscle and I'm just ready to be outside and on water! Fish 3-4 spots from 6-845 and catching little bitty babies on them baby shiners. Caught 20 or so and boxed 10 and they still smaller than I like. With this high and muddy water main river is gonna have some current but have to try a deep hole to see. Two little baby white perch on wat used to be my best deep hole. But only caught them there this year once and was like 15. It's almost 10 and boats are everywhere making fishing the main river almost impossible so I leave that spot heading for watermelon bay. They small in bays and cuts but I'm thinking with these shiners may be all I can get. I'm headed that way and I see a big tree that fell about a month ago. Been wanting to try it but it's new and in deep water and have not been catching deep yet so didn't try. As I pass by I notice there are two trees that fell at same time and it's on a turn in river in a place where I'm thinking current may not be too bad so I go have a look. As fast as I could get back in water I catch a dozen or so and losing a bunch wrapping me up in the branches. About the time I learn how to fish it good without getting hung up too much the boats and jet skis are everywhere like someone opened the gates and let em all out!! At times waves were so bad I almost fell down a couple times. But in between the waves I'm catching and they are slabs. I love finding a new Crappie hole. Almost like a new lady lol!!!! At noon I just can't take this beating anymore and it's muddied up now from all the waves but when I left there were still biting just had to wait for water to calm down . I'm almost positive this new hole will produce a limit of Crappie soon!! I'll be back! On a week day though! O I boxed 20 or more right there in the hour I was there and have no doubt if not for all the boats I'd limited out. It's gonna be a good one!! If I'd found these first I wouldn't of boxed those small 10 earlier! So glad to see them deep. They get bunched up in big numbers and always bigger in deep water. All fish caught in 15-20 feet of water fishing 6 to 10 feet down with and a couple a foot off bottom. Back at white oak for noon and it's hot! Like a sauna with this heat after all that rain.

Nice trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 417

Nice! They are going to be tasty!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2018, 08:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Hammered them again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2018, 05:04 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,160

Another success story. You always seem to manage to end up conquering the fish. Great story. Thanks for posting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
Nice! They are going to be tasty!

U happen to notice wat them two biggest were eating? Curious if they had any small bream in stomach contents. That one had a huge mouth!!
Old 06-27-2018, 10:42 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
U happen to notice wat them two biggest were eating? Curious if they had any small bream in stomach contents. That one had a huge mouth!!
Didn't think to check.