SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 02-10-2017, 04:03 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon29 View Post
Yall will enjoy, I don't think there are bad days out at Grosse Savanne during any time of the year! Great fishing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

They have their bad days too -- just less frequently than your average Orvis Endorsed Outfitter!

Had a friend make a duck hunt after Christmas and they scratched one morning! Very rare but it does happen.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Flounder

Cash: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLatt View Post
They have their bad days too -- just less frequently than your average Orvis Endorsed Outfitter!

Had a friend make a duck hunt after Christmas and they scratched one morning! Very rare but it does happen.
That was in reference to fishing at miller's lake.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLatt View Post

when I went on a overnight blast and cast over there, we had a great fishing trip. guide was great!!
the next morning we teal hunted in a ricefield. three people 2 teal.
wished I could of fished both days, the fishing was great!!!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Looks like the price went up to from $450 to $600 for 2 people without lodging unless I'm missing something.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:54 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
Looks like the price went up to from $450 to $600 for 2 people without lodging unless I'm missing something.
Just had to look it up. Yes it has went up it seems. Such a shame IMO. I'm glad I went when I did because I won't pay this to go plus a tip for the guide! Geeez.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:11 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Yeah, $600 is pretty high but what I don't get is, how they go up to $550 per person if you do the overnight package. Is the food and lodge really that good to justify the difference in price??
Old 04-28-2017, 06:26 AM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
Yeah, $600 is pretty high but what I don't get is, how they go up to $550 per person if you do the overnight package. Is the food and lodge really that good to justify the difference in price??

im not a business owner, but I was thinking that maybe they were getting over booked on the $450 price and couldn't keep up? so they raised the price thinking less people would want to come? just a thought.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:01 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

People are going to pay it, they goon to charge it.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:28 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 947

From Hank Parker, Greg Hackney, to Mark Zona has shot multiple TV episodes there over the last couple of years. I don't think its price point is targeting only local business. They have really exposed the place to money across the U.S. I cant afford it but I can see how $600 wouldn't even get some people to slow down and pause before typing their debit card in. My son hunts ducks in Arkansas and occasionally pheasant in South Dakota. After seeing what some of those packages cost ... the $600 doesn't surprise me. Its all in what you like to spend your money on.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:41 AM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd0144 View Post
From Hank Parker, Greg Hackney, to Mark Zona has shot multiple TV episodes there over the last couple of years. I don't think its price point is targeting only local business. They have really exposed the place to money across the U.S. I cant afford it but I can see how $600 wouldn't even get some people to slow down and pause before typing their debit card in. My son hunts ducks in Arkansas and occasionally pheasant in South Dakota. After seeing what some of those packages cost ... the $600 doesn't surprise me. Its all in what you like to spend your money on.

true, there has been many pro fisherman come to film show, commercials, etc.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:19 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

But hunting is way more fun than bass fishing...
Old 04-28-2017, 11:52 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 947

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
But hunting is way more fun than bass fishing...

To me Bob its all in what you like. I hunted and bass fished my whole life until 2003 when I quit duck and deer hunting to bass fish year around. Those that know me know this story to be true. I grew up deer hunting in Avoyelles parish and hunted on 8 point hunting club before it was bough out to make Lake Ophelia. My childhood home was in Fifth Ward and was 3/4 miles from Lake Ophelia/Grand Cote headquarters. My grand parents are buried in the cemetery next to the office. My paw paw and I hunted the tie't isle flooded timber (90 acres private owned on Grand Cote now) and had a rice field blind on what is now the restricted area at Grand Cote. We'd choose which blind to hit based on weather or sometimes swap during the day. So I was blessed with plenty of opportunity to hunt early in life with good success and understand it. Even with that bass have always outweighed the hunting for me. So I'd have to disagree with your statement but I can see if that's your passion why you say that. I put all my hobby funds into one sport. That's how I ended up taking up inshore 3 years ago (which I suck at ! LoL) . I wanted to expand on fishing. I could of taken back up deer hunting or ducks again but fishing is that dear to me.

Trust me if I could afford the $600 id make a trip ... for those that can afford it I understand why they do.

Last edited by jpd0144; 04-28-2017 at 12:26 PM.