SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 10-26-2017, 09:41 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 10-25-17 & 10-26-17 Crappie fishin Calcasieu

Yesterday I got out there around 10am. Caught 5 at first stop at my hole across from camp. After about an hour decided to move. Bite is slow, water is low, starting to muddy up some. Went to my other 2 holes I didn't get a bite at either one. Been fishing these 3 holes last 3-4 trips so idk if I fished em out , they not biting or wat the deal is but it's almost 230 and only having 5 fish is making me think they just not biting. Was going to head up around Dans Bay up north and get to some cleaner water but on my way I noticed a treetop just north of Goos bay along main river I have not seen yet cause water has dropped almost 2 feet. I troll in and start fishing the end of it out in 20 feet of water. Current is still strong and after an hour only caught one. Decide to go closer to the bank and see how deep it is around the base of tree. It's 10-14 feet which is perfect so start fishing. Catch a couple little ones close to bank in 10 feet of water and throw them back but position the boat and tie up on bank so I can thrown out along tree. Man!! In 12-14 feet of water they started hittin and everyone was over 11" and with several 12" & 13" fish and largest being 15". Around 4pm bite played out and water started going out really fast so decided to head in. Picked up 15 really good fish right there to save the day. And I love finding new holes. Lol. Put me at 21 keepers for the day. Not only were they long but really thick! Toledo size Crappie! Now this is like the old days lol. Lady at the store gave me way over 100 shiners so I put them in a 48qt ice chest and Elec areator and put my fish on ice. This am I get out there a little earlier around 845 and head straight for that spot. As soon as I got there I catch a 14"er then a baby I thru back and then an average size fish. Wind picked up water started going back out hard again and started to muddy up again. Around 1030 or so I finally decide they not gonna bite there today and head for a hole in old town bay I have only fished once this year. Start catching them as soon as I get there but little ones are mixed in with some really good ones like yesterday. Caught 25 or so and kept 16 for the day. 130 -2 pm I head in to clean my two days catch. These two trips were by far the best ones I've caught yet. Bite sure seems to be slowing down with the high winds, fast current, dirty water so not sure how much longer it will last. I can remember fishing them in December freezing are tails off so who knows as long as water stays clean enough may keep catching them. Been a great 7 days off and only missed fishing for em Monday but tomorrow it's back to work on nights. May try Sunday or Monday when get off graveyards one morning if water is clean. Good luck all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1388.jpg (49.2 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1391.jpg (70.6 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1393.jpg (65.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1397.jpg (49.0 KB, 131 views)
Old 10-27-2017, 09:01 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,160

If I thought I?d catch any, I?d go out there and try. Great reports.
What does a good cold front do to crappie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2017, 06:48 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Not sure. Hasn't effected em so far. First year fishing for em on Calcasieu since around 2003. But I can remember catching them in December freezing my tail off. Go out and give it a try. Start off fishing 6 feet or so under a cork. Any structure will hold white perch. If don't get a bite within 15 minutes move on. But if that spot looks good or u catch just one return to the spot later or another day. 8-12 feet of water has been best. But I catch em in 8 - 20 feet
Old 10-28-2017, 12:37 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,160

Thanks. I think I?m gonna try Prien Lake tomorrow morning but I?ve got Calcasieu crappie in my sights for the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Flounder

Cash: 729

well done again man!