SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 07-30-2015, 08:41 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth View Post
x2

You think the launch at Sabine is bad / dangerous. Sheeeeyiiit
https://youtu.be/Kt-AYp1FdzQ

https://youtu.be/as5_nChwZqM?list=PL...EnO7hFUQfjq4nL

It's the gaw dam Levi Garret 500 (Arkansas voice)
Old 07-30-2015, 08:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat killer 86 View Post
I have that same pistol. I must be gangster too.
I had one like that too til somebody who looked very similar to him stole it. Actually the DA's office called this week and said they caught the guy and they're asking for restitution for me. I just laughed.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:23 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,063

Well you just ruined public land hunting for me. Thanks.

Man is it really like that?
Old 07-30-2015, 09:37 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Sabine used to be known as the "Boudin 500". Gentlemen, start your engines! Rule of thump was always keep hand/fingers off the sides of the boat. It was a bumper boat derby all the way to the humpback bridge.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Tripletail

Starting a new thread - Public land pics. I know some of them will be pre-Duck Dynasty but just to show that there are some good opportunities
Old 07-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
Sabine used to be known as the "Boudin 500". Gentlemen, start your engines! Rule of thump was always keep hand/fingers off the sides of the boat. It was a bumper boat derby all the way to the humpback bridge.
Sabine's not as bad but you want a reliable boat that will do 30+ mph, if not you will be passed every couple minutes in the canal making it a little nerve racking.

Or you can leave a little later after the rush and boom scout your way to a limit.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:59 AM
Redfish

Cash: 639

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
I'm sure there are more people now, but I also know it's still possible to kill birds. All I'm saying is that there is nothing that is going to change. If you hate public land so much, don't go. I'm not going to sit here and agree that it's terrible, because there are plenty of good hunts coming off of public land.

Like I said previously, sooner or later the fad will end.

i agree, once these "wanna be hunters" realize you dont just buy everything and simply go kill, they will fade and the old school hunters will still be around
Old 07-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOrtego View Post
i agree, once these "wanna be hunters" realize you dont just buy everything and simply go kill, they will fade and the old school hunters will still be around

We been waiting for that for ten years. Lol
Old 07-30-2015, 01:05 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat killer 86 View Post
Well you just ruined public land hunting for me. Thanks.

Man is it really like that?

Google bayou meto boat races... It's crazy up there
Old 07-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,439

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Google bayou meto boat races... It's crazy up there

I've been there and saw it first hand the video does not do it justice. That was some of the best duck hunting that I've had to chance to experience though. Just have to do your scouting and get away from the crowds. The best hunt I've had over there was walking into the flooded timber about 500 yards from the camp ground didn't even have to get into the boat races.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackhead62 View Post
I've been there and saw it first hand the video does not do it justice. That was some of the best duck hunting that I've had to chance to experience though. Just have to do your scouting and get away from the crowds. The best hunt I've had over there was walking into the flooded timber about 500 yards from the camp ground didn't even have to get into the boat races.

I know a guy thats a spot runner. All he has in his boat is a dozen decoys and himself. He beats everybody to the spot and holds it down
Old 07-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I know a guy thats a spot runner. All he has in his boat is a dozen decoys and himself. He beats everybody to the spot and holds it down
The old "Apex Predator" from that other site wrote an article about that. he shows up at 4am at the honey hole with 4 or 5 hanging lights and puts them up around the pond to make it appear that it's surrounded by hunters.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:27 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboy View Post
The old "Apex Predator" from that other site wrote an article about that. he shows up at 4am at the honey hole with 4 or 5 hanging lights and puts them up around the pond to make it appear that it's surrounded by hunters.
You can do this in Lacassine while you go get the rest of your gear out the boat, but they'll just turn em off and turn on your mojos and get in your pirogue... FACT
Old 07-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

Hope it dosent end up like this! LOL
Old 07-30-2015, 03:42 PM
Flounder

Cash: 587
Default Heads Up

Hey guys, just giving everyone a heads up who hunts ricefields. There is a strong push to open the first split a week early by miami corp and several other marsh hunters. Normal opening is second Saturday in November, which would be the 14th. But the push is to move it to the 7th.
With all the rain we had this spring, the rice crop is very delayed. Many people will have uncut second crop rice still in the field into November. I know it's only one week difference. But that could be the difference of being able to hunt your blind or not! The commission meets this coming Tuesday, August 4th. Still time to email the seven commission members, to put in your 2 cents. The more opposition they get the better chance of the season not opening a week early. All their emails are on the bottom of this page. http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/louisia...d-fisheries-co
Old 07-30-2015, 04:34 PM
Flounder

Cash: 863

Andy C not blaming farmers and land owners for leasing blinds, usually they will lease blinds at fair prices. What I am saying is that when someone leases out a whole farm then they sub-lease these blinds for more money then what they lease it for. Example you lease 3 blinds from a farmer for 6,000 each, then you turn around and lease these same 3 blinds for 8,000. Now, people talk so the farmer finds out you SUB-LEASED these blinds for 8,000 what do you think he will charge the next year. This is why the blinds and leases prices have gone up so much in the past 10 years. Just my thoughts.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

I am in my 30th year chasing the elusive unpredictable waterfowl............and I remember vividly talking about this almost...........well.............every damn year.

when we went from 30 and 3 to what we have now every vice president of muckity muck LLC went out and bought a Benelli and became a hunter.

I also think the surface drive/large horsepower long tail factors in.............when you see guys talk more about how fast their boat is with (insert motor here) than how the birds worked, the dogs retreived and kids shot, then we have lost the sport.

but there will always be those of us, sitting on a river bank chooting a wooduck if we can
Old 07-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Lm@o because that's what I would do instead of duck hunt, start selling drugs.

This guy^^^^^^^

I knew I would catch hell for that. But really, I would rather see all these lil knot heads duck hunting than doing God knows what instead. Everyone talks about how they want to involve more people in hunting, then complain when more folks get involved.

Anyway it's going to be a hard year for us. The El Niño crap is back and it's going to stay warm to the north.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:45 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,063

I am el ninó!!!!!

All fear the ninó!!!!!
Old 07-31-2015, 11:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juciy View Post
I knew I would catch hell for that. But really, I would rather see all these lil knot heads duck hunting than doing God knows what instead. Everyone talks about how they want to involve more people in hunting, then complain when more folks get involved.

Anyway it's going to be a hard year for us. The El Niño crap is back and it's going to stay warm to the north.

Too much water in northern TX, OK, and eastern Arkansas that hasn't been there the last few years. Unless it gets really cold, I don't think we'll see quite the numbers we did last year.