SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion > Hunting Reports

Hunting Reports Read and share your hunting reports here!

Old 11-13-2011, 01:06 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

I hope those mofos are reading right now. I would take some slugs........two in their motor and one in their boat.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 985

Thanks for the overwhelming support!!!! The professional position I am in doesn't allow me the pleasures of retaliation as we see fit. But in my line of work I have come to realize criminals can't keep their mouth shut. They will have to brag to someone and hopefully the wrong someone. Posting what happened to me here will hopefully help in locating them and getting them discovered. I think taking my hunting rights, use of the refuge and possibly my boat is a harsh penalty. I wouldn't like to know I couldn't hunt or fish. Yikes!!!! SO keep your ears open and keep your eyes on te sky. Good luck hunting!!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

How did you get back out of the marsh with your motor under water? This is the main reason I don't hunt Lacassine. I have heard too many reports of water in gas, cut fuel lines and the like. This s**** pizzes me off. I understand your position about not being able to retaliate like you might want, I am in such a position myself. That being said, that does not mean you could not wait in the bushes for them to do the same thing and take a buddy with you. When they start trashing your boat again you could take pics of them or try to make an arrest or at least get their boat numbers.

Do you fellas that hunt Sabine see the same kinds stuff happening there? I have never heard much happening at Sabine. Maybe because there is usually more open water there is not as much competion.

Here is another idea. Go hunt the same spot but take a friend. Have one guy go to the hole and shine off anyone that is attempting to get too close. Have the second guy wait at the boat till shooting time starts and then have him wade on in for the hunt. He may miss a little shooting time, but at least he can protect the boat. What a shame you even have to deal with this.

Sorry this happened to you.

Raymond, good on you for offering to take this fellow and his son out.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Trophy Trout

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidellkid View Post
How did you get back out of the marsh with your motor under water? This is the main reason I don't hunt Lacassine. I have heard too many reports of water in gas, cut fuel lines and the like. This s**** pizzes me off. I understand your position about not being able to retaliate like you might want, I am in such a position myself. That being said, that does not mean you could not wait in the bushes for them to do the same thing and take a buddy with you. When they start trashing your boat again you could take pics of them or try to make an arrest or at least get their boat numbers.

Do you fellas that hunt Sabine see the same kinds stuff happening there? I have never heard much happening at Sabine. Maybe because there is usually more open water there is not as much competion.

Here is another idea. Go hunt the same spot but take a friend. Have one guy go to the hole and shine off anyone that is attempting to get too close. Have the second guy wait at the boat till shooting time starts and then have him wade on in for the hunt. He may miss a little shooting time, but at least he can protect the boat. What a shame you even have to deal with this.

Sorry this happened to you.

Raymond, good on you for offering to take this fellow and his son out.
We started off with using the trolling motor to get back. When it got week we paddled. I hunted Sabine up until last year. I moved to Lacassine and it was even worse of a trip than before having to get up at 2am to get to our spot. I not had a bad trip to Sabine. The ducks are there people just don't scout well enough. My friends and I knew the birds so well we could set up and kill our limits by how the weather acted. Not a reat abundance of Mallards but everything else was great. The water levels does limit you but still huntable. Do you hunt the Kinder area? I grew up there.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
Probably so. D thibodeaux
Yep good man there.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Man that is some BS! Exactly why I don't hunt public land,people are nuts! Karma is a you know what,there time will run out.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,010

I used to hunt Lacassine for archery season and did a little duck hunting and never had any problem with someone messing with my boat. The only thing that got to me was no one slows down any more when your boat is parked, and have gotten quite a bit of water in the boat from time to time.

What happened to you is just dirty and I hope they slip up and brag to the wrong person. People like this are not sportsman, they are trash and need to be put away for a long time. No game is worth going to jail for if caught.

Good luck with finding out who did this.

Warren
Old 11-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

I had dreams about this last night. My gut is in knots today thinking about it........

You're a better man than I am to be taking this the way you are.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Trophy Trout

FlagUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
I had dreams about this last night. My gut is in knots today thinking about it........

You're a better man than I am to be taking this the way you are.
Don't get me wrong Dink! In the heat of the moment I was fired up. That was why I was happy they were already gone! First reaction was to shot and ask questions later. But I am gonna be patient and see what happens. I am actually thinking of going back and giving it another go. With no alternatives to hunting anywhere else I am limited. We will see when Wednesday comes around if I feel the same.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,010

What you nred to do is find someone in law enforcement to go with you and have him stay at the boat, but hidden in the grass. Then if these ******heads come back, he can make an arrest or hold them until wildlife agents get there.

Warren
Old 11-16-2011, 05:37 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

I would bait the hole up with corn and the let the wardens know about it!