SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:04 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
so gay folks don't "deserve" the love of Christ?

Neat church

They can go to church, and practice religion (I guess), but don't deserve to take part in holy matrimony.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:09 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

..............with you............where this is going to get crappy is when our pastors around the country start to get sued because they will not perform a gay wedding.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:23 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
..............with you............where this is going to get crappy is when our pastors around the country start to get sued because they will not perform a gay wedding.

Pastors have the right to wed whom ever they like. They also have the right not to wed. Happens to straight couples..
Old 06-29-2015, 10:35 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy.yyz View Post
Pastors have the right to wed whom ever they like. They also have the right not to wed. Happens to straight couples..

watch it happen.............Texas has made a preimptive (sp) law to protect pastors
Old 06-29-2015, 10:37 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Hopefully, our constitution will safeguard the rights of religion to practice the act of matrimony as their doctrines specify without the interference of federal mandates by the Supreme Court. This, as you state, will be a defining position by government in dictating moral issues imposed on Americans. Abortion, mandated health care and now same sex marriages have all been forced upon us by the Court. Seems the Court has far too much power in our lives. Where is the check and balance from POTUS and the congress? Perhaps they all agree with the Courts....
Old 06-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

What they will do is take away the tax free exemption from churches that refuse to marry gay couples and try to force them to either marry gays or lose church members. Obama has already stated that this is a possibility.
If you guys can't see that our religious freedoms are being stripped away from us then there is nothing that can be said here that will convince you.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:15 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
What they will do is take away the tax free exemption from churches that refuse to marry gay couples and try to force them to either marry gays or lose church members. Obama has already stated that this is a possibility.
If you guys can't see that our religious freedoms are being stripped away from us then there is nothing that can be said here that will convince you.

Taking tax exemptions away from churches may not be a bad thing. Maybe it would curb the amount of "churches" that are opened for the wrong reasons, becoming a pastor and opening a church would seem attractive and pretty easy to a young screw up looking to turn his life around - we get paid cash AND are exempt? Sweeeeeet
Old 06-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Churches will be sued, bakers will be sued and people that won't allow gay weddings on their property will be sued. Has happened already and will get worse now.
Just saw a thing on fb that said Jefferson Parish is the first parish to issue a same sex marriage license. It's fb so who knows if that's actually true. Slippery slope.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:32 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
MG do you think people are born gay or do they turn gay?
Not directed to me but I can tell you 100% I feel like folks are born gay, I have a cousin that I knew was going to be gay since he was 2ish. I have a real good friend of mine with a boy and a girl who are both gay, i knew they were going to be gay from an early age. None of them bother me. They all have jobs and contribute to society, one is a Marine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
When's the last time you were in a school? Get out and visit schools, you'll quickly denounce the email chains you forwarded.

People say the pledge isn't said anymore either, not sure where that comes from...
My kids go to a public school, every morning they have a moment of refelction, say the pledge and sing the Star Spangled Banner then recite the school pledge.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Not directed to me but I can tell you 100% I feel like folks are born gay, I have a cousin that I knew was going to be gay since he was 2ish. I have a real good friend of mine with a boy and a girl who are both gay, i knew they were going to be gay from an early age. None of them bother me. They all have jobs and contribute to society, one is a Marine.

My kids go to a public school, every morning they have a moment of refelction, say the pledge and sing the Star Spangled Banner then recite the school pledge.
A moment of reflection??? Do tell.... shouldn't that be a moment of prayer as it once was???
Old 06-29-2015, 12:53 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Taking tax exemptions away from churches may not be a bad thing. Maybe it would curb the amount of "churches" that are opened for the wrong reasons, becoming a pastor and opening a church would seem attractive and pretty easy to a young screw up looking to turn his life around - we get paid cash AND are exempt? Sweeeeeet
Real easy to see what side you stand on. Sure, there are some churches that open for all the wrong reasons but they are in the minority.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Churches have been denying marriage to people for ages...

Example: Divorced people can't get married in the Catholic church

The difference is that those people know the rules and they don't raise a stink about it...

These gays will be TOTALLY different... they will sue the churches to get the rules changed to meet their needs.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:23 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggoh View Post
Churches have been denying marriage to people for ages...

The difference is that those people know the rules and they don't raise a stink about it...

These gays will be TOTALLY different... they will sue the churches to get the rules changed to meet their needs.
Agreed!!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 01:35 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggoh View Post

Not a Catholic, but I've always respected them for that.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Not a Catholic, but I've always respected them for that.

I am a catholic..........and I do not respect them for that........of couse you can PAY for an annullment and then get remarried in the church........

funny thing though........they took away my ability to worship in the church I grew up in, but they still kept sending me those little envelopes.

this is going to get to a quagmire quickly.
The gay community does not want the rest to just accept them and tolerate them, they want it thier lifestyle taught as a norm.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
I am a catholic..........and I do not respect them for that........of couse you can PAY for an annullment and then get remarried in the church........

funny thing though........they took away my ability to worship in the church I grew up in, but they still kept sending me those little envelopes.

this is going to get to a quagmire quickly.
The gay community does not want the rest to just accept them and tolerate them, they want it their lifestyle taught as a norm.
being gay is not supposed to be normal.... normal is a man and a woman... this is complete bull**** for all of this to be going on... if you are gay, then keep that **** to yourself.. i am not homophobic but i know what is right and wrong. and being gay is wrong in the house where i was raised...

just like the jenner dude turning into a girl, because god got it wrong and he is truly supposed to be a woman.... no u dumb****, you are supposed to be a man, just like the way god made you.. it is wrong to change into a woman... thats like slapping god in the face...

this world is screwed with all these little fairies parading around wanting to be equal... you want to be equal, then keep that ****** puffing to yourself and keep it private.

i mean the damn white house was lit up like a damn rainbow..!!!!! ***!!!!!

this is embarrassing to this country.

why in the heck does the government need to decide if two guys want to marry anyway.... let the pole smokers go to vegas and get hitched for all i care. IT IS STILL NOT ACCEPTABLE/NORMAL TO BE GAY!!
Old 06-29-2015, 02:05 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
Who gives a **** if two dudes wanna blow each other n get married? That does not affect my life one bit

thank you! I now see I'm not the only one who doesn't care. I was starting to get scared.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

A List of Animals That Mate for Life

There are plenty of examples. Just to name a few:
  • Gibbon apes
  • wolves
  • termites
  • coyotes
  • barn owls
  • beavers
  • bald eagles
  • golden eagles
  • condors
  • swans
  • brolga cranes
  • French angel fish
  • sandhill cranes
  • pigeons
  • prions
  • red-tailed hawks
  • anglerfish
  • ospreys
  • prairie voles
  • black vultures
Never seen or heard of any of these animals being gay.......... or any animal actually. In the nature of animals this is not normal or instinctual, we the humanoid, are indeed an animal.

Its a choice.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:54 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post

• Gibbon apes
  • wolves
  • termites
  • coyotes
  • barn owls
  • beavers
  • bald eagles
  • golden eagles
  • condors
  • swans
  • brolga cranes
  • French angel fish
  • sandhill cranes
  • pigeons
  • prions
  • red-tailed hawks
  • anglerfish
  • ospreys
  • prairie voles
  • black vultures
Never seen or heard of any of these animals being gay.......... or any animal actually. In the nature of animals this is not normal or instinctual, we the humanoid, are indeed an animal.

Its a choice.

lol
Attached Images
File Type: png image.png (118.4 KB, 85 views)
Old 06-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post

• Gibbon apes
  • wolves
  • termites
  • coyotes
  • barn owls
  • beavers
  • bald eagles
  • golden eagles
  • condors
  • swans
  • brolga cranes
  • French angel fish
  • sandhill cranes
  • pigeons
  • prions
  • red-tailed hawks
  • anglerfish
  • ospreys
  • prairie voles
  • black vultures

Its a choice.
How many of you have male hunting dogs that have humped other male dogs? Or your leg?

Wait does it make me gay if my dog has humped my leg?