SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:17 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Identify yourself as a CHRISTIAN business, and you more than likely do away with the problem. If a gay or lesbian then walks in and wants you to cater to their requests, then that is their fault when you turn them down.
Not really. In states where gay marriage has been legal for some time, identifying as a Christian business has not prevented legal fines and threats of jail for those exerciseing conscience in refusing to participate in homosexual weddings.

Christian ministers have been threatened with jail time for refusing to officiate homosexual weddings. See:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...-weddings.html

Are you "up in arms" about this?
Old 06-30-2015, 08:23 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,577

This section of the forum is for General Discussion. You don't have to view it if you don't want.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:38 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
I'm interested to see how all these queers will view marriage now that they have the ability to do it. Gonna have to deal with all the BS that men and women have related to marriage, the pressure of actually getting married, the pressure of divorce, the pressure of losing half your **** when the other decides to leave. That chyt aint no fun. Now they won't be shacking up forever and holding hands all day, they'll have to deal with the nagging of one another to get married. Good Luck.
The romance will taper way off then they will just be buddies
Old 06-30-2015, 08:43 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,301

Will it be lit in red, white and blue Saturday?
Old 06-30-2015, 08:45 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Not really. In states where gay marriage has been legal for some time, identifying as a Christian business has not prevented legal fines and threats of jail for those exerciseing conscience in refusing to participate in homosexual weddings.

Christian ministers have been threatened with jail time for refusing to officiate homosexual weddings. See:

Are you "up in arms" about this?
Read on into this article without rise colors glasses and the reason is because this is a for profit business and not a church. Therefore they have to abide by anti discrimination laws. They agreed to them when they started that business.

I wanted to get married at a church in Monroe 12 years ago but hit **** down real quick because we were not members there. They can sob that's because they are a religious institution and not a business
Old 06-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy.yyz View Post
This section of the forum is for General Discussion. You don't have to view it if you don't want.
I get that its general discission. I use tapatalk and view timeline. Sick of looking at a rainbow colored Whitehouse. I thought it had been disgraced enough over the past 7 years but that just sends it into a downward spiral.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:52 AM
King Mackeral

Sure, but what happens if the feds take away the non-profit status of churches that refuse to perform homosexual weddings?

Should the freedom of religion only apply to non-profit organizations?

Must one forfeit one's freedom of conscience to earn a living or run a for-profit business?

Isn't this the kind of thing the first amendment should protect us from?

Or does freedom of religion not apply outside the walls of a government approved non-profit church?
Old 06-30-2015, 09:30 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Quote:
Sure, but what happens if the feds take away the non-profit status of churches that refuse to perform homosexual weddings?

Should the freedom of religion only apply to non-profit organizations?

Must one forfeit one's freedom of conscience to earn a living or run a for-profit business?

Isn't this the kind of thing the first amendment should protect us from?

Or does freedom of religion not apply outside the walls of a government approved non-profit church?
I'm all for gay marriage but feel the same way that forcing them is wrong. Who would want to get married in a church that doesn't want them there in the first place? For how "special" wedding days are why ruin it. I couldn't imagine a the person officiating the wedding would be enthusiastic doing so.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt coonassty View Post
I'm all for gay marriage but feel the same way that forcing them is wrong. Who would want to get married in a church that doesn't want them there in the first place? For how "special" wedding days are why ruin it. I couldn't imagine a the person officiating the wedding would be enthusiastic doing so.
because its all about the orgasmic victory they get in forcing their lifestyle in peoples faces against their will
Old 06-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
because its all about the orgasmic victory they get in forcing their lifestyle in peoples faces against their will
And Christians, Muslims, atheist, republicans and democrats don't do the same? No matter where you look a small sect of any group will try to inject themselves into others daily life. These people are called a***oles and don't usually reflect the entire population.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216
Default Whats next??????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post

Nobody is forcing anything in anyone's face against their will.

Supreme Court justices are appointed by the president, the president is appointed by the people (majority), the passing of gay marriage was voted on by Supreme Court justices and the majority won.

That's the system, sorry it didn't go everyone's way. Maybe if it weren't for the screw ups and tunnel vision of so many past politicians on the republican side things would have turned different. The current state of our country isn't something that happened in the last 8 years, the ball has been rolling for a very very long time.

Turn off the tv and social media, and it won't be in your face.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:41 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post

Unless you rent space for special events, earn money as a photographer, caterer, baker, florist, DJ, or officiant of weddings.

Unless you have children in public schools where the combination of "inclusion", "diversity", and Common Core are about to have images of happy homosexual couples and math problems about the family finances of homosexual couples in nearly all the textbooks.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Read on into this article without rise colors glasses and the reason is because this is a for profit business and not a church. Therefore they have to abide by anti discrimination laws. They agreed to them when they started that business.

I wanted to get married at a church in Monroe 12 years ago but hit **** down real quick because we were not members there. They can sob that's because they are a religious institution and not a business
So are you saying a business should be forced to serve someone? Forgive me if I misundstand you.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

Im gonna marry my Duck Call and my Power Pole.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:37 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

Hmm...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4332.JPG (78.1 KB, 82 views)
Old 06-30-2015, 12:46 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecb View Post
Im gonna marry my Duck Call and my Power Pole.
Power pole.lmao
Hell why not. You shouldn't be repressed. It's your right. I'm starting to think my 4wheeler and AR are looking sexy. I see a lasting relationship building. If it's bad to oppress peoples lifestyle and not discriminate I guess I'm going to walmart naked. It's hot and that's what I want to do so that should be ok right?
Old 06-30-2015, 12:46 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Quote:
Nobody is forcing anything in anyone's face against their will.

Supreme Court justices are appointed by the president, the president is appointed by the people (majority), the passing of gay marriage was voted on by Supreme Court justices and the majority won.

That's the system, sorry it didn't go everyone's way. Maybe if it weren't for the screw ups and tunnel vision of so many past politicians on the republican side things would have turned different. The current state of our country isn't something that happened in the last 8 years, the ball has been rolling for a very very long time.

😲😲😲😲💣💣💣💣💣💣💣💣booom uploadfromtaptalk1435686359894.jpg this is all Obama fault!
Old 06-30-2015, 01:32 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Unless you rent space for special events, earn money as a photographer, caterer, baker, florist, DJ, or officiant of weddings.

Unless you have children in public schools where the combination of "inclusion", "diversity", and Common Core are about to have images of happy homosexual couples and math problems about the family finances of homosexual couples in nearly all the textbooks.

I'm pretty sure it won't turn my children gay if that is actually the case.

And all these same arguments were being made around the time of integration.

I Can't believe they ever put brown folk in our text books! We are supposed to ignore everything that isn't white and Christian, and just act like they don't exist.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it won't turn my children gay if that is actually the case.

And all these same arguments were being made around the time of integration.

I Can't believe they ever put brown folk in our text books! We are supposed to ignore everything that isn't white and Christian, and just act like they don't exist.
The issue is we are forced to accept their way of life and beliefs yet if we ask the same it's discrimination. I mean do you honestly think a gay baker will ever have to pay restitution for refusing to make a wedding cake for a straight christian couple? You know that will never happen.
Same with athiests. How many times have nativity scenes had to be removed because some butthurt athiest whined? First off how can you be offeneded by something you say doesn't exist? I don't believe in unicorns but if my neighbor buys a unicorn statue I'm not going to get butthurt about it.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
So are you saying a business should be forced to serve someone? Forgive me if I misundstand you.
This is the link MG showed and if you actually look into it, there is some merit to it because it is a FOR profit organization and not a religious institution. IF it was a church, it would be different. The court is just upholding the law put in place for discrimination.

From the link:
According to the lawsuit, the wedding chapel is registered with the state as a “religious corporation” limited to performing “one-man-one-woman marriages as defined by the Holy Bible.”

But the chapel is also registered as a for-profit business – not as a church or place of worship – and city officials said that means the owners must comply with a local nondiscrimination ordinance.

That ordinance, passed last year, prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation, and it applies to housing, employment and public accommodation.

If you are a business owner (which this chapel is and the bakery in Oregon), you have to adhere to the laws of discrimination.

That doesn't mean you can't refuse service to someone who has no shoes, shirt, sagging pants, or drunk, or talking on cellphone, etc. You can tell them to get out.

It is what it is